Search results for query: *

1. huhhh

Callaway fitting question

Got an email that my course is hosting a Callaway fitting event. I set up an appointment, but there's no listed cost anywhere. Generally a red flag. I looked around online and only found prices from golftec or other listed fitters, nothing about Callaway's own events. Callaway's own...
  2. huhhh

Swing thoughts for Algernon..

What I mean is: I made some good gains. Swing changes, couple of lessons and lots (and lots) of time practicing. I practice way more than I play now. I felt like I was able to hit the ball solidly...REPEATEDLY. Even (dare I say it) consistently. I'm never gonna break course records, but I...
  3. huhhh

swing change: short clubs vs. long clubs

I had a lesson about a month ago and have been working on some changes (a lot) since then. It has not gone...well. I'm trying everything my instructor said; when it works it's great, when it doesn't I'm left trying to grind out where it went wrong (it's probably not the same place 2 times...
  4. huhhh

post lesson round...eeeee....

Yeah, it went about as you'd expect. Not well. I knew it was coming but it felt like everything that was working during the lesson, and the 2-3 practice sessions after the lesson was completely gone. I spent the entire time trying to find that feel again and, outside of maybe 5 or 6 swings...
  5. huhhh

What gets you more, bad shot or bad break?

This will be the same answer for some. But for me, I find it very difficult to recover from getting punished for a shot that wasn't that bad. Like say, something is a bit off line but catches a hill, or tree, or (f***en) cart path and launches 15yds OB, or into a hazard or disappears in the...
  6. huhhh

Newest new golfer

[/URL][/IMG] Okay so she doesn't have clubs...yet. She was a little over a month early; only 4lb, 14 oz but is doing pretty well. Not released yet, but I'll start saving for lessons soon. Isabelle Sara-Marie Mashaw.
  7. huhhh

Personal best to personal crap...what's the difference

2 weeks ago I shot a PB of 82. 8 days later...109. Every swing feels the same... right up until I hit the ball (or the earth). These are two swings at the range, both 6i. 1st one had decent results. 2nd one was way fat. From what I can tell (which isn't much) my head is all over the place...
  8. huhhh

I drove one 300+ but that shouldn't be possible

This could get to Rollin-esc length so hold on. I played last Friday and put up a new PB of 82. It was a par 70; and with a slope of 109 it's not exactly Augusta; but 82 is 6 shots clear of my previous PB. Biggest reason, I think, was that I hit 8 GIR, which is way better than my normal...
  9. huhhh

I found +20 yds...is it club, shaft or scam?

So, yesterday I found myself next to a Golf Galaxy with a bit of time to kill. I wound up hitting a few irons including the TM RSI. Not sure if it was 1 or 2. Priced in the $450 - $480 range new. They did have uniflex shafts in them First swing with them, I hit an 8i 160+ that's a good...
  10. huhhh

Thank you to... someone? in THP

Wow this place is cool!! I just saw a PM from GG that an anonymous THP member just paid for my 2017 Albatross membership!!! I don't know who it is...but Thank you, thank you very much. I was going to have to wait on this one for some extra money to come in, probably into next year, but...
  11. huhhh

Christmas list...push cart edition

Okay, I need help from you cart-ers. I have a staff bag (Callaway 2013 open championship...thanks to THP!!!) The problem is I have no man cave or space for a display bag. I'd like to use it, but I also like to walk (partly because I can't afford to ride). Anyway, I'm looking for a cart to put...
  12. huhhh

First and likely only time flying with clubs

I am taking my clubs on a trip to OH. I've never flown with them before, so I don't have a travel bag and don't want to spend hundreds on one that will likely never get used again (at least not for a long time). It's only a one way flight, we'll be driving back. So my question is, how do I...
  13. huhhh

Low smother pull with Driver

Actually it's with all longer clubs off the tee. And it's a recent development, inside of the last 2 weeks. And it's constant. Unfortunately I don't have any video of this swing right now. I'll see if I can get some, but I was kinda hoping it was something obvious, or could at least be...
  14. huhhh

WTHP NewsTime

JB suggested putting this in it's own thread for those that might not see it. Breaking News on the Regional Rivalry front!! Exclusive coverage from Virginia right here:
  15. huhhh

The ugly truth...help

Okay here we go. Everything is fat, I mean everything. I know I'm not transferring my weight. I've tried every drill and swing thought I can find and I CANNOT make myself get forward. At this point I've forgotten what a good swing feels like. RR is comming up. I'm not asking to hit a 6i...
  16. huhhh

Golf's most embarrassing shot?

After my last round this thought came to me (tells you how that went) What is golf's most embarrassing or demoralizing miss? What's the one you feel the worst after throwing up? My personal fav. the chunk. Especially out of a perfect lie. It just takes all of your hopes, efforts and...
  17. huhhh

Staff bag and push carts

I posted this first in another thread, but thought it might be good on a separate thread: You guys that use staff bags on carts, doesn't it block some of the pockets? Do you need adapters or something? I have a staff bag (awesome prize from the 2013 Open Championship contest) I don't have a...
  18. huhhh

New Ghostbusters trailor...meh.

I mean trailer. Ok so I didn't see another thread about this yet, if there is just dismiss. But here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w3ugHP-yZXw I don't know. I'm a die hard fan of the original and this... I don't know. They say it's supposed to be a...
  19. huhhh

Can you really practice lag putting?

I've always had a problem with this, the theory of it anyway. There are any number of ways to hone in putting form and stroke. But distance is another story. I know there are plenty of drills to help distance control... but do they really work? I mean, lag putting is ALL about speed. And...
  20. huhhh

A note from your King...

[/URL][/IMG]
Back