Search results for query: *

1. Crowder

Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Likely so. The Rogue SZ was a pretty good match for me and forgiving enough with the weights swapped and the heavier one in the rear. However, when I owned a Max 10.5 I appreciated the extra forgiveness outside the sweet spot.
  2. Crowder

Tour Edge Exotics Pro 721 Preview

If ever any driver could benefit from internal sound damping it is the new 721. Holy crap. It sounds like hitting a chainlink fence post with a ball peen hammer!
  3. Crowder

I know not everyone appreciates or even cares about the sound of a driver at impact, but when I went for my shaft fitting there were a couple of shafts the guy wanted me to try in a couple of new Tour Edge heads. I instantly understood how some players develop a sensitivity to impact sounds...
  4. Crowder

Tour Event Barbasol Championship

Our city used to host the Tour event held opposite the Open Championship. You wouldn't believe the course the held it on. You couldn't get a mini tour to stop there these days. Things have changed a ton in 30 years.
  5. Crowder

Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

I think it's A) useful for a lot of players but also B) something to pump up mid-cycle sales and C) a creative way to get $399 for a fairway wood. It can be all those things.
  6. Crowder

Taylormade 300 Mini Driver

I used an SLDR Mini off the tee for the entire 2019 season. I was working on my swing and it was important for me to play from the fairway that year. And it worked great. The MD hit a nice high reliable draw and let me focus on my approach game. I tried the OO as an "upgrade" but it didn't fit...
  7. Crowder

I'm going through one of those stupid situations that could have been prevented with a good fitting six months ago. My buddy got fit for an Epic Speed and I liked it so I decided I needed to get one too. I already had several shafts so I bought a Speed 10.5 head on ebay. I liked it just fine...
  8. Crowder

Rory..

I think Rory probably takes his role as a professional golfer seriously, and that includes all the stuff that doesn't happen inside the ropes. I think he's looked to as a role model by a lot of the people out there, as well as a brand ambassador and all the rest. I'll always give him credit...
  9. Crowder

Course/Club shutdowns for maintenance/updates.

This is when you learn the value of having a head pro who is well-liked and well-connected in the local golf community. A good pro will be able to set up favorable reciprocal rights. When the local hoity-toity country club here went under renovation the members could play almost anywhere in...
  10. Crowder

Brooks/Bryson: Player Impact Fund

I think the PGA Tour is not above leaning into some of the ways that other major televised sports have been keeping fans engaged. The model is right there in the NBA, NFL, MMA and others. It's about understanding that the modern audience doesn't sit in front of the big three networks waiting...
  11. Crowder

For Sale Callaway Big Bertha 3 hybrid

Callaway Big Bertha 3 hybrid in great condition. 41.5" Evenflow Black 6.0 shaft. Adjustable hosel. Very long and forgiving. $130 shipped and PayPal'd. No trades, thanks.
  12. Crowder

The 7-Wood

I had a brief run at my new Rogue Heavenwood yesterday and I think I'm going to like it. It gets the ball UP so easily, but still seems to drive it hard.
  13. Crowder

The 7-Wood

I just took delivery of a Rogue Heavenwood today and look forward to trying it out. My goal has been to have a fairway wood I'm confident hitting off the turf. I need to carry it 200-210 yards and land it softly. I've been carrying a Rogue 4 wood for a few weeks, and while it is automatic...
  14. Crowder

WTB Iron Set - $400 and below

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/index.php?threads/srixon-i-506-irons-3-pw-on-nv-pro-mlti-stiff-shafts.8930814/
  15. Crowder

Volunteering at PGA Tour Events...worth it?

I have a friend who grew up in Augusta and years ago he got on the waiting list to be a scorer/spotter at The Masters. He finally got in around 2018 and now he does it every year. IIRC he is stationed in the same place at the bottom of the hill on one of the par fours. He collects ShotLink...
  16. Crowder

For Sale Callaway Driver Heads: Epic Speed 10.5 and Rogue SubZero 10.5

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5 head w/ cover in very good condition. Only light signs of normal use. This is a great driver but I am sticking with the Speed Max. $340 shipped CONUS/PayPal. Rogue SubZero 10.5 in well-loved condition with some nicks and scratches. This is a great head, much more...
  17. Crowder

I just had a shoot out between my incumbent Speed 10.5 and a Max 10.5 head. The Max is going to be the winner for me. I need the draw bias and extra forgiveness. Looking forward to getting it out on the course if it ever quits raining.
  18. Crowder

Buying Blind?

Yes, but strategically. I almost never buy new gear at retail prices, I'm always after a deal. But I know what I like, what shafts tend to fit me, etc. and I try to stay with brands I have had success with in the past. I know I like Srixon irons because I've played them for years and years...
Back