Search results for query: *

1. DonaldHTX

How many sets of clubs do you have?

If you have more than one set do you ever play with the spare set?
  2. DonaldHTX

Sanded greens?

Yesterday they reconditioned the greens. Close cut, punched holes and put on a layer of sand. The course was open this morning. My first putt the sand was wet from the dew and a large ring of sand stuck to my ball. (Despite this I birdied the first hole.) So what is the protocol for playing when...
  3. DonaldHTX

I’m a golf addict.

Just finished completing a second set of golf clubs. An 80’s set. The difference between the 80’s driver and my modern driver is startling. Also the lofts on the irons are totally different.
  4. DonaldHTX

Playing with 1980’s clubs.

I started with a used set of clubs from Craig’s List. Wilson 1200 Gear Effect CB irons. It didn’t take long before I bought all new equipment as a retirement present to myself. But I still have the Wilson’s. Last week I was at a golf course that has a couple of barrels of persimmon and early...
  5. DonaldHTX

Update on the wife and golf.

I asked her to go to the range with me. It’s a nice walk there from our place and she agreed. When we got there I got a small bucket of balls and set up. Then I asked her to pick out a target anywhere on the range and I would try to hit it. So she points out a tree. I laser it and pick an iron...
  6. DonaldHTX

Calloway Rogue 2022 vs New Shaft In My Current Driver

Today I went to try a new driver. The 2022 Calloway Rogue. Took my current driver to compare. After warming up I hit some of the balls I usually play. Results were 20 more yards with the Rogue. Not worth the $600 price tag. So I asked the fitter what he thought of my current driver. I already...
  7. DonaldHTX

Wife has no interest in golf.

How do I fix this? Before we met she had never fired a gun. Now she carries CCW, and is an avid deer Hunter. Also took a tactical carbine course with me and had a blast. Never went fishing. Now she loves fishing and can cast a surf rig and a bait casting rod for bass. Never went to the gym...
  8. DonaldHTX

Houston. Hermann or Sharpstown.

Looking for a golf partner. Mornings, weekdays.
Back