Search results for query: *

1. L

Split Hand Golf Grip

After reading everyone's posts, I realize I wasn't being quite clear. I'm aware of the split hand grip drill which is a very dramatic split hand swing that I would never even consider taking out on the course. Actually, what I'm talking about is a 3 - 4 inch split of the 10 finger grip which I...
  2. L

Split Hand Golf Grip

It's seems to be dramatic twist on the 10 finger grip. For a right-handed golfer the dominant hand (left), higher up on the club, is used for power and weaker hand (right), lower on the club, for more control. I might try it to see how it works. Just wonder if anyone here has had any success...
  3. L

Split Hand Golf Grip

Has anyone here had success with the split hand grip golf swing (and I'm not talking about putting)?
  4. L

Swing for Bad Back

Have your considered opening your stance and swinging the club more upright with less bend? I have spinal stenosis and have found this combination to be less taxing on my back, and with even more distance in the process.
  5. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

Did the cortisone shot help at all?
  6. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

This book was just recommended to me by a friend, "Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff". I'm going to purchase from Amazon later today.
  7. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

Also, I have found, through trial and error, that when I golf the day after binging on sugary desserts, my shoulder hurts much more than golfing the day after eating right. Must have something to do with the inflammation created by the sugar, is my guess.
  8. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

So you had a torn rotator cuff and the tendon healed by itself without medical intervention?
  9. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

Did you actually have surgery on both rotators and, if so, how long was your rehab?
  10. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

I have three partially torn tendons in my rotator cuff. Everything I have read on the internet warns against getting a cortisone shot directly into a torn tendon as it could damage the tendon and cause it to detach from the bone. I'm tired of golfing in pain but I get by and, obviously, don't...
  11. L

Expanding the Punch Shot

That's exactly my point and perhaps why I'm hitting my punch shots with authority. Having my power arm being the lead arm on a punch shot might be an advantage, as compared to a full golf swing.
  12. L

Expanding the Punch Shot

I'm left-handed but golf right-handed, so I'm coming down hard with my left arm when I punch the ball. Might be an advantage, not sure though.
  13. L

Expanding the Punch Shot

I didn't realize that. I definitely get a more solid strike, especially closer in, as it gets me away from my tendency to try to 'lift' the ball, with mostly poor results.
  14. L

Expanding the Punch Shot

Yes, I agree. I've even been able to punch my 8 hybrid from 125 yards out. Still need to go with my full swing from 150+ yards.
  15. L

Expanding the Punch Shot

I have had such success punching my shots from within 50 yards, using my GW and SW (depending on the distance), that I have recently expanded that success to punching my shots from 100 yards using my PW. I have never hit my irons well, so I find it much easier placing the ball outside my right...
  16. L

Learning to survive on the course with a torn rotator cuff

Thanks, I'm getting a second opinion next week. The first surgeon I saw neither wants to do surgery or give me a cortisone shot because he's concerned about weakening my tendons. I happen to be a big fan of cortisone shots because I had one in my back for spinal stenosis that got me back on the...
  17. L

I, also, have a tear involving the posterior superior portion of the labrum with a small detached fragment. Does that qualify for a surgical debridement/clean out?
  18. L

Just read online that doing dumbbell bicep curls of just 10lbs, and bringing the curl up to shoulder level, helps strengthen the rotator cuff muscles. Sounds a bit strange to me and, quite frankly, I'm hesitant to lift weights of any weight at the moment, but was just wondering if anyone else...
  19. L

Thanks everyone for your responses. I probably should have mentioned that I'm left-handed but golf right-handed, so overuse is as much to blame for the tears as my golf swing. Also, I have a torn upper bicep from lifting weights giving my bicep that goofy 'popeye' look. Here are my 3 tears...
  20. L

I have three partial tendon tears in my left rotator cuff, none of the three are detached from the bone so surgery is not required. Still, I'm golfing in quite some pain and am looking to find a stance and swing that would be more 'shoulder friendly'. Open or closed, wide or narrow golf...
Back