Search results for query: *

1. L

Split Hand Golf Grip

Has anyone here had success with the split hand grip golf swing (and I'm not talking about putting)?
  2. L

Torn Rotator Cuff

I have three partially torn tendons in my rotator cuff. Everything I have read on the internet warns against getting a cortisone shot directly into a torn tendon as it could damage the tendon and cause it to detach from the bone. I'm tired of golfing in pain but I get by and, obviously, don't...
  3. L

Expanding the Punch Shot

I have had such success punching my shots from within 50 yards, using my GW and SW (depending on the distance), that I have recently expanded that success to punching my shots from 100 yards using my PW. I have never hit my irons well, so I find it much easier placing the ball outside my right...
  4. L

Learning to survive on the course with a torn rotator cuff

I have three partial tendon tears in my left rotator cuff, none of the three are detached from the bone so surgery is not required. Still, I'm golfing in quite some pain and am looking to find a stance and swing that would be more 'shoulder friendly'. Open or closed, wide or narrow golf...
  5. L

Open Stance Golf

I've had so much success opening up my stance & playing the ball back in my stance with my short irons, I recently did the same with my driver, woods & hybrids with an equal amount of success. Has anyone else here gone to an open stance with the ball in back of stance with all his/her clubs?
  6. L

Golfing with a torn rotator cuff

I've been trying to find a golf swing that can help take the pressure off my torn left shoulder rotator cuff (lefthanded, but right-handed golfer), but thusfar to no avail. Anyone here with the same injury that has found a golf swing/stance, open vs closed, ball position forward vs back, that...
  7. L

Slightly closed stance/Weight more on lead leg

I have recently found that it is easier for me to 'trap' the ball at impact with a slightly closed stance and keeping my weight more on my lead leg (left) during my entire swing. The slightly closed stance also allows me to have a more inside/out swing as opposed to my dreaded over the top...
  8. L

Ball Position/Forward Press

I know this is totally contrary to all swing instruction, but since I started putting the ball further back in my stance and increased my forward press over my left leg I immediately started hitting more consistent shots with all of my clubs. And, as an added bonus, I also gained yardage due to...
  9. L

Anyone here gone to a narrow, closed stance?

I play with an exaggerated wide and square to the target stance and am just not getting much rotation nor distance as of late. I was considering trying a more narrow, closed stance to, hopefully, allow me to get better rotation and draw the ball for better distance. Anyone here play with both...
  10. L

42 Degree Hybrid

From tee to 125 yards, no problem, and from 75 yards to green, no problem. However, somewhere between those 50 yards (125 yards/75 yards) I enter the "Twilight Zone". I've been thinking of discarding my 8 & 9 irons (I don't hit them far) and buying a 42 degree hybrid, say from Thomas Golf, and...
  11. L

Ping Zing Putter

I've been really struggling with my Odyssey 2 ball lately and have decided to dust off my old Ping Zing. I've been putting in the basement with it the last day or two and I have to say, after years with my Odyssey, putting with the Zing feels like I'm hitting the ball with a brick. Still, I'm...
  12. L

Lower Back Support

Can anyone here recommend a thin back support that really supports the lower back? I have spinal stenosis and need extra lower back support when I golf, but want to be able to wear the brace under my golf shirt so not to be noticeable. Thanks!
  13. L

Side Saddle Putting

I struggle with a bad back (spinal stenosis) and am considering getting a 10 inch extension put on my Odyssey two ball and try side saddle putting to relieve the pressure on my lower back. Has anyone here been in this position and tried to make the same adjustment? Thanks!
  14. L

Callaway Irons Upgrade

I'm considering upgrading from my 5 yr old XR OS to the Mavrik Max irons. Can anyone here who is playing the Mavriks give me their thoughts? Thanks!
  15. L

Callaway Epic Max Fairway Woods

Got to play with my new Epic Max Driver, set it up with extreme Draw bias, and absolutely loved it! Loved my BB Fusion, as well, but the Epic Max is much, much lighter. Now I'm thinking of upgrading my fairway woods from Fusion to Epic Max. Has anyone played the new Epic Max fairway woods yet?
  16. L

Adjustable Drivers

Does an adjustable driver react better when adding or delofting the club, or doesn't it matter?
  17. L

BB Fusion vs Epic Max

It seems everyone I know lately has a new driver. My BB Fusion is now 5 years old and I have been eyeing the new Callaway Epic Max. Just not willing to pull the trigger because of the price and, maybe more importantly, because I still love my BB Fusion. Anyone else here play the Fusion and...
Back