Search results for query: *

1. G

2021 Vice Pro Plus golf balls... WOW!

Here in GA, you can get Vice balls at Sams club and Walmart. I had a hole in one with one last summer, I play them ALOT.
  2. G

Nebulous Question Alert: At what handicap is one considered a "good" golfer?

IMO, bogey golf is good golf, I am a bogey golf player and > 50% of the guys I play are worse, some much worse than I am. Both my sons are single handicappers and I generally can play pretty close to them, win some holes, be somewhat competitive. It is usually one or two holes during a round...
  3. G

You have to play one brand of clubs... who are you going with?

Played Callaway a long time, not changing now at retirement time.
  4. G

Moving Sucks

I hate the moving process. And about to do it 2 time within the next 18 months. Starting build on our retirement home and will sell our current home to help finance the build, so move to a apartment for 1 year then another move into the new house. I absolutely dread it.
  5. G

How Frequently do you Double Bogey?

4 to 5 per round most days.
  6. G

Best budget balls for senior with slow swing speed?

As I've aged my swing speed has decreased. I hit a driver about 200 and have found Callaway SuperSoft to work well for me in a budget ball. Titelist Trufeel as well. I like to play a more costly ball somedays so I have found that the ProVI and Vice Pro are really good.
  7. G

Gas Prices: What are you paying?

2.77 Atlanta GA
  8. G

Callaway Paradym Irons

Had several miss hits and ball still went a close distance to a solid hit ball. I got the light graphite shafts, senior flex as my swing speed is low due to aging, early 60s. Clubs just feel good in your hands, I know that.
  9. G

Callaway Paradym Irons

Got my first round in with the new Irons last Saturday, shot a 90 which is exactly what I average. It was cold at my club here in NE Georgia, about 42 when we kicked off on hole one, and stayed in the low 50s most of the round. I enjoyed my first round, but really was tough to get a good...
  10. G

What was your handicap to start 2023? Where did your handicap finish 2023?

18.2 start 17.9 finish I am a established bogey golfer, been that way for 8-10 years now. It is how I roll.
  11. G

Callaway Paradym Irons

Santa brought me a new set of Paradym X irons today, AW thru 6 iron..... Looking forward to getting on the range with them this coming weekend.
  12. G

The 7-Wood

Love my Callaway 7 Heaven, definitely my favorite club in my bag and has been for several years now.
  13. G

Callaway Paradym Irons

Well, for Xmas present to myself order the 6 thru AW light shaft from Preowned several weeks back. They have arrived in perfect condition and sitting in a box upstairs, rewrapped after thorough inspection. Will Open up on Xmas morning and very likely if weather permitting will see the range...
  14. G

What did you shoot today?

46+46=92. 2 holes really hurt me with triples, otherwise it was pars and bogies every hole....
  15. G

Based on performance only, would you play Maxfli Softfli or Callaway Supersoft? Thank you!

Supersoft is my go to ball many days on the course. I like it. That would definitely be my choice.
  16. G

What did you shoot today?

41+43=84, not bad at all for me, my game has improved over the last month, mainly due to better iron play.
  17. G

Gas Prices: What are you paying?

3.29 here in Georgia today, need it to go down a dollar or more...
  18. G

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Recently got a hole in one playing this same ball. I may play them rest of my life, LOL..... They are really good golf balls for me.
  19. G

Finally, a hole in one, honestly thought it would never happen...

As a matter of fact, I hit a Callaway Mavrik 8 iron. And a Vice Pro ball.
  20. G

Finally, a hole in one, honestly thought it would never happen...

Have no idea how many rounds of golf I have played in my 60 years of life, imagine 750+ rounds, but finally made a hole in one today. 139 yards out with a 8 iron, ball hit less than a foot slightly right of the hole and took 1 hop and rolled into the hole. Playing with my son, his girlfriend...
Back