Search results for query: *

1. Oleschool

Off shots! Special shots

High shot Low shot Pitch Flop don’t know what there really for? driver then approach then chip then putt is alm I do!
  2. Oleschool

My wife

My wife say I don’t pay attention, I’m immature and I procrastinate what was that dear, oh I’ll deal with it later and she not allowed in my sandbox anymore! or sand trap remember bootstrap spelled backwards is...
  3. Oleschool

Driving range tips

Any good driving range tips? do you start high and move down like maybe 9 iron to drivera or the other way driver to 9 iron? is there a good method for getting average distances?
  4. Oleschool

Putting methods

What putting method do you use? I like the old adage die at the hole! and that’s the back of the hole not the front, works best for me rarely three putt even if you’re off line still a tap in I’ve tried the new Fangled 18 inches past cos it wobbles when it stops but don’t like it why do they...
  5. Oleschool

Chipping

What do you chip with? What’s the best club or clubs? do you use ratios?
  6. Oleschool

Lefties

Why do some guys BW PM etc. play from the wrong side of the ball? does a lefty have an advantage, a cart path may not be in the way of a righty but a lefty gets relief? Are there any switch hitters who could hit right or left and always take relief? Who knows
  7. Oleschool

Traditional PW and SW

Are they really just 10 and 11 irons? a nine has a little more loft than an 8 a PW has a little more loft than a nine a SW has a little more loft than a PW call them 10 and 11 irons I saw a teaching lesson from AP and he called a sand wedge a sand iron! Just wondering? Any experts around?
  8. Oleschool

Die at the hole!

Have they never heard of this? It’s one of the oldest adages in the game! my personal unwritten rule! never putt into a flag stick! just personal preference
  9. Oleschool

Usga fuzzy logic

A 1 inch diameter 3 inch tall sprinkler head is an immovable object a 2 feet in diameter 60 foot tall tree is NOT and immovable object! how many more examples are there? then there is their innovations You can even place a ball on the ground the ancient rules of golf Play the course as you...
  10. Oleschool

Nobody

Nobody! That’s an angel! you guys don’t like humor I take it? my wife said I procrastinate too much and I’m immature, I’ll deal with that later and she is not allied in my sandbox anymore! Bankers convention cancelled due to a lack of interest! psychic’s convention cancelled due to...
  11. Oleschool

Humorous rules of golf

For humor only! 1. You must Tee your Ball within a Club's length of the Hole. ( I would make a hole in one everytime) 2. Your Tee must be upon the Ground. (Where do you get those floating tees anyway) 3. You are not to change the Ball which you Strike off the Tee. (It’s not a baby with...
  12. Oleschool

Golf apparel?

Usga has a rule must be proper golf apparel but it never says what is golf apparel or what is proper? Does anybody know
  13. Oleschool

Tradition

What are the oldest rules of golf or the oldest adages? Thanks
  14. Oleschool

What’s the best driving

What’s the best philosophy or method for driving?
  15. Oleschool

Wedges

Is it ok not to have any wedges? I mean high lofted wedges? I seem to play better with low irons and keeping the ball low? I could be wrong I have an old style bag I guess 3 woods actually metals 2 thru 9 irons a pitching and sand wedge but they are only a little more lofted than a 9 iron...
Back