Search results for query: *

1. TxAggie2018

Can you "cheat" a Tour Striker club?

I have an annoyingly persistent flip in my swing, and I've been unable to break it for a couple years despite practice and lessons. So I purchased a Tour Striker 8 iron off Ebay as a training aid. It's a short iron with everything but the sweet spot rounded off. The theory is, hitting anything...
  2. TxAggie2018

For Sale Sunday Golf Loma Bag

I have a Sunday Golf Loma bag for sale. Carries 6-7 clubs, perfect for the driving range or walking exec courses. It has two stains, one on the ball pouch and one on the top left hand side of the bag. Asking $30 plus shipping.
  3. TxAggie2018

Golf shorts for skinny legs!

Hey guys. I live in San Diego, so it's still shorts weather down here for golf. And I have some chicken legs. Not afraid to admit it. I loaded up on some Linksoul shorts at a great price from the store in town, when they were having a year-end closeout sale. I normally golf in those, but they...
  4. TxAggie2018

Green reading drills?

I am happy with the speed control on my putting (and know how to improve it), and am happy with the line accuracy of my putting (and know how to improve it). But green reading is still a mystery for me. Side hill putts especially give me that sinking feeling where I have no clue where to aim -...
  5. TxAggie2018

Balls like Pro V1x?

So I've been a soft ball guy for the 3-ish years I've been golfing. Love the colors, love the price, and I putt them great. But yesterday, I dug a Pro V1x out of the trees and hit the **** out of it. The iron trajectory was very noticeably higher than Supersoft and friends. And as a low speed...
  6. TxAggie2018

How to stretch tight back and hammies?

So I sit a lot. I work at a desk job, then sit on a desktop browsing internet forums like THP in my free time. Golf gets me out and about, but I have a pretty sedentary life. I've got really tight hammies and low back pain. Today it was hard to reach far enough to put on my socks, which...
  7. TxAggie2018

What does a release feel like to you?

I used to have a flip. I broke it, but now I've gone far in the opposite direction and don't release at all. It's just like flat wrists all the way through. The furthest I can get the club up on my follow-through is about to 90*. Sometimes the follow-through doesn't even get higher than my...
  8. TxAggie2018

Hip rotation in backswing?

I've been watching some videos on hip action in the golf swing, and I THINK what's supposed to happen is -belt buckle faces towards ball at address (let's assume it's centered like a short iron). -belt buckle faces ball for as long as possible, turning a little trail-side reactively but staying...
  9. TxAggie2018

Anti-shank tip

Everyone knows that those Youtube, Golf Digest type golf tips are a great way to go in circles and never consistently improve your game. But I had one really work for me yesterday. I'd been shanking the ball all week at the range, which is odd for me because I've never had that miss before...
  10. TxAggie2018

How to set your stance at the proper width?

This is something I've never really paid attention to in my swing, but I need to. How do you get the width of your feet correct at setup? I know the classic advice is "just under your shoulders" for irons, but to be honest, I have no idea where my feet are at relative to my shoulders. Bad body...
  11. TxAggie2018

Shaft lean for pitch shots?

So we like our short irons to have shaft lean at setup and impact, because it helps with ball-first contact. Wedges have a sole that's designed for more ground interaction. I just don't know if we want to get that involved, or if the goal of partial wedges should still be aiming for ball-first...
  12. TxAggie2018

How to find low point with driver?

This seems like a simple question, but I can't find an answer on Google... I am playing around with tee position in my driver stance, with the goal of making sure I don't leave it too far back and catch the ball with an open face. But the question I have is, how do you find the low point of...
  13. TxAggie2018

Hands forward drill?

Hey guys. Have you found any good drills that help you ingrain the feel of hands forward at impact?
  14. TxAggie2018

Should I even bag a driver?

So I'm a turbo-short hitter. I had cerebral palsy as a child, and I am VERY lucky that it doesn't impact my day to day life, but it did make me the last kid picked in every gym class. In my 20s, I have the strength of a 60-70 year old man, and the driver distance to match. Ball speed is 105-110...
  15. TxAggie2018

How to stop casting irons!

Hey guys, Year 2 of golf here is underway here, and I've been seeing improvements in some areas. Driver, slowly coming along. Short game, really coming along. Putting, really woke up these last few weeks. But irons! I can't hit them! I don't even want to share a swing vid because it's so...
  16. TxAggie2018

How to hit a low/back-foot pitch?

Not a shot I need to have as a 100+ player, but as a short game fan it's a shot I'd like to have. I have got a high pitch down pretty comfortably with my 60* wedge, so I kinda want to try and learn the low shot version of it. I watched a couple Youtube videos this week and hit the range. My...
  17. TxAggie2018

How to hit a low/back-foot pitch?

Not a shot I need to have as a 100+ player, but as a short game fan it's a shot I'd like to have. I have got a high pitch down pretty comfortably with my 60* wedge, so I kinda want to try and learn the low shot version of it. I watched a couple Youtube videos this week and hit the range. My...
  18. TxAggie2018

Compensations for poor hip mobility?

I have absolutely garbage hip mobility. If you are supposed to turn your belly button 90* from impact so that it's facing your target in the follow through, I can't get around past 45* To compensate, I've got a big hamburger flip in my iron swings. I can't lag/drag the club through the ball b/c...
  19. TxAggie2018

Drills for flexibility or follow through?

So I am a very high HC player and a naturally bad athlete. I have a slice with a driver and a push with my irons that REALLY comes out when I am tired. I know why that is, I quit on my follow through and finish low and right. But especially when my lower body gets tired, it's like there's a...
  20. TxAggie2018

Bump and run approach shots?

Trying to diversify my short game a bit... I see people here talk about bump-and-run approach shots from like 20 yards and further. I know a bump and run as like a putting stroke with an iron, where the ball takes a short hop off the clubface and then starts rolling out like a putt. I use it...
Back