Search results for query: *

1. C

Garmin Approach S70 Watch

Short game and Putting Data will not be available unless you have a CT10 sensor on your putter. They sell as a full set or 3 pack. I never found the data of any value and dropped using the sensors. Maybe others find the data better and can explain the value.
  2. C

I believe the S70 won't pose any distractions for you. Since you mentioned you're not interested in the caddie feature and are already familiar with your distances, you likely won't find tracking your shots necessary. Tracking shots, whether with CT10 sensors or a prompt on the watch, primarily...
  3. C

Golfmetrics App upgrade 2024

Noticed a short video showing a big upgrade to the golfmetrics app. As a regular subscriber to golfmetrics, I'm enjoying the look of the new app. I liked the simplicity of the current version. Not sure if the GPS will make more work for me on the course. Hope it continues to work great. 3-4...
  4. C

For now, Garmin certainly isn't giving the S70 away. Maybe this spring. That will be one year on the market. I'm currently using S70. Previously tried Shotscope X5 and before that the S62. Is the S70 worth it? PROs Screen is fantastic. Battery life is great. Course maps, touch screen to...
  5. C

No posts about the S70 in 7+ months. Is that because nobody owns it or it runs so well, there is nothing to post about? :)
  6. C

X5 VS Garmin

I'm back with Garmin and the S70. Had V3 and X5 the latter only 15 rounds. If you want Strokes Gained data, don't waste time/money with Garmin. Not even close to Shotscope. But if you want an all purpose watch plus very solid golf support and great battery life, the Garmin line are great...
  7. C

Shot Scope Connex Performance Tracking Tags

Can I edit my putt locations in the app after each hole while I remember? That would be great. Quick green popup, move putt and pin location, move to next hole.
  8. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

About 10 rounds in on the X5. Overall, very pleased. I didn't experience the initial issues mentioned in this group and with a few firmware updates, I assume it now it mostly void. Solid tracking each round. Yes, a shot is missed 1-2x per round. After 10 rounds, I can see or recall why they...
  9. C

Shot Scope Software - Data, Updates, Features, Requests and Questions

Totally understand SG calculation and as volume of data increase, these little outliers won't matter much but.... I've seen a few apps do SG formula different and take into account a "recovery" as not really a shot and add that negative SG to the previous shot. If I had decided, "unplayable", I...
  10. C

Question how strokes gained is calculated. This is for a specific situation. Example. 1. Driver left into trees. 2. Punch out into fairway, making almost no forward distance. Marked as provisional. 3. Fairway shoot into green. I find the strokes gained gives me a negative SG for the 2nd shot...
  11. C

I'm wondering how Shotscope handles course changes. Example. Course rebuilt about 7 holes to make room for housing development. Most holes shrunk in length. Par 5 became 4, etc. Looking at old google maps, the images don't even come close to matching what is there now. Being that we see google...
  12. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

4 rounds in with the x5. hit and miss. Lots of shots are getting missed. When I say missed it really just comes down to my setup doesn't pick up sensor. If I remember to hold closer to band and verify on watch, issue resolved. But don't remember always. Would love if the watch did a small...
  13. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

2 rounds in with x5. Have about 40 rounds with v3. Overall, it didn't crash like some users. Missed about 4-5 shots per round. CONS I'd like to see a vibration when the club is recognized. OR I'd like to see the club identification in a larger font. I eyes are apparently crap, so I can't see...
  14. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I assume many V3 users here. Got x5. I have old putter tag on putter (without screw in for Superstroke grip). Should I cut the screw part of this new x5 putter tag and glue on or just keep the v3 tag on there. Wonder how much better the putt tagging would be. I already edit post round the...
  15. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Glad everyone is enjoying their x5. I'm one of those that is still waiting for an email saying it has been shipped. A bit disappointed in the delay (i know it is one day), especially as I sold my v3 today. Only upside golf courses in my area aren't opening until late next week. Just got rid of...
  16. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Curious if any Canadians have received shipping notices. All quiet for me. Maybe they assume we don't golf till June when the snow is gone. :D
  17. C

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Mine is ordered. I bit disappointed. Website gave me the impression if I picked a watch "in stock" it would be delivered right away. Instead all watches except the white are shipping at the same time. Maybe I would have picked a different color combination knowing they were all shipping at the...
  18. C

The Grint

Been using Grint for about 120+ rounds. Just tracking score, putts, adv tracking but not the GPS part. I've found it difficult to figure out on the course and have given up. I might invest the time but wondering about a few things. 1. Can I move the flag location in the app? 2. If I entered...
Back