Search results for query: *

1. Perkins Rooster

New Golftec - Winnipeg

I just noticed that Golftec is opening an outlet here. I'm a little surprised they think there is a market here, to be honest. But, I hope it works out for them.
  2. Perkins Rooster

Launch monitor #'s - 6 iron

Last year I bought i20's and opted for CFS regular flex shafts - hardstepped one time. At that time my swing speed was 77-78 mph, but as my swing speed has crept into the low 80's I was wondering if the shafts were too soft for me. So I got on a LM today with 6 irons and compared my shafts to...
  3. Perkins Rooster

Wishon on Adjustable Hosel Drivers

Interesting article by Tom Wishon on adjustable drivers. http://wishongolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/adjustable-hosel-drivers.pdf This report originated because of claims being made on behalf of the modern adjustable hosel drivers that these adjustable devices allow the loft, lie and face...
  4. Perkins Rooster

Best Golf Magazine

Since my wife's Scrapbook magazine stopped delivering to us for some reason, I'm able to get a subscription for free through a magazine subscription service. Which of these would you guys say is my best bet? Golf Digest Golf Magazine Golf Tips Golf Week Golf World Thanks! Mike
  5. Perkins Rooster

When to take a ball out of play?

I was wondering how badly scuffed or marked a ball has to be before you guys take it out of play. It would be great to see some pictures of scuffs that could potentially affect ball flight. I really have no idea. thanks Mike
  6. Perkins Rooster

Right index finger

Hello GolfTEC! I'm curious about the right index finger and it's function during the swing. I have mine about a centimetre away from my middle finger, but I'm curious about the pressure that should be applied by this finger during the swing. Sometimes I feel that my right hand gets 'lazy' and...
  7. Perkins Rooster

Hardstepping or softstepping

Is it generally preferable to hardstep a regular or softstep a stiff when you want to go in between flexes? If you want a lighter shaft I guess it would be better to hardstep a regular?
  8. Perkins Rooster

Cupped left wrist

Hello GolfTEC. How serious a flaw is a cupped left wrist at the top of the swng? My normal ball flight is a slight pull (almost never hooked). If I do work the ball it's left to right - which I prefer as I hate hooks. However I'd like to get rid of the pull - is this related to the cupped...
  9. Perkins Rooster

Rick Smith training glove

I did a search but not much came up. Does anyone have much experience with this training aid? I cup my left wrist at the top and I'm considering whether or not it's worth chaging this tendency.
  10. Perkins Rooster

Low weight, low launch

If I was to look for a light weight (70-100 gram) lower launching iron shaft which ones should I consider?
  11. Perkins Rooster

Winn grips

I was wondering what people think of Winn grips. I like the feel of them (in the store anyway) but I've heard some negative things about their durability and overall quality. I did a search of the forum but didn't find much. thanks Mike
  12. Perkins Rooster

Forgiveness vs. Workability

I'm genuinely curious as to why those of you who play more 'player's' type irons do so. I understand that the more bladelike iron you play the easier it is to 'work' the ball, but other than that is there any advantage? If I'm simply trying to hit a straight ball is there any reason to not...
  13. Perkins Rooster

Practicing with a blade

Has anyone bought a demo blade to practice with? The logic being that if you work with a club that's hard to hit and gives lots of feedback it should improve ball striking with your regular club (assuming you don't game blades right now). Just throwing it out there...
  14. Perkins Rooster

Ideal launch results - 6 iron

The LM at my Golf Town doesn't give head speed - incredible but true. However, my ball speed was about 95mph with a 6 iron (about 135-140 yards carry). Does anyone know what head speed that would equate to? Backspin - What numbers am I trying to achieve with a 6 iron here? With the DG S300 I...
  15. Perkins Rooster

Adams irons

If I buy Adams CB2's from my local store are there other options available besides the KBS Tour's? From the Adams website it doesn't look like there are any options. As good as the KBS shaft may be, it doesn't seem like it will be much of a 'fitting' if I only have one shaft to choose...
  16. Perkins Rooster

Zelocity Pure Launch Pro

Would you trust this simulator when getting fit for a set of irons? I'm not up to date on the technology side of things regarding fittings and this is what one of my local pro shops use. thanks
  17. Perkins Rooster

Ralph Maltby's MPF

Is there a consensus here on the usefulness of these numbers? I looked at them and the results seem....bizarre. Apparently Ping Anser irons are in the GI category. Huh?
  18. Perkins Rooster

Hip slide

Hi there. I'm confused about whether the hips should slide forward, and if so how much during the downswing. I was pushing the ball right and felt that I wasn't squaring up the club face consistently, so I have been working on the 'feet together drill', which has helped. This drill has given...
  19. Perkins Rooster

OOB Golf - Handicap

Does anyone know if OOB uses RCGA rules regarding equitable score control? I just learned about ESC today (which means my handicap is probably inflated) and RCGA for the most part uses a max score of 2 over par while the USGA uses a max score of 7 (generalizing here). OOB has my settings at...
  20. Perkins Rooster

Tom Wishon

I was looking at local clubfitters and came across this name. Does anyone have much experience with these? What would the difference be between getting fitted at Golftown for Cally's or Mizuno's vs. going to a clubmaker and getting these?PR
Back