Search results for query: *

1. Surfinguru

UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

Oh man, this is so, so true. I was playing Apex DCB's with MMT's the last two years and I always felt like I really had to step on the accelerator to get the distance I wanted or needed at times. I'm playing Ai Paradym HL's with Recoil Darts this year and I can only reiterate the quote above...
  2. Surfinguru

Low score vs High score spread.

Looking at a 90 and 99 so far. New clubs, iffy back and a torn rotator cuff = rising HC. Damn it man!
  3. Surfinguru

MRI report = bad news

Well, I finally broke down and got an MRI for my right shoulder. The report says I have a full-thickness interstitial tear at the posterior supraspinatus footprint along with a SLAP tear extending from anterosuperior to posterior superior labrum. Sigh…… It’s an old, old injury that’s just...
  4. Surfinguru

Do I have a reasonable chance of REALLY improving?

@JonMA1 what a great post. Not sure it could be said any better. At soon to be 56 and only playing for 2-1/2 years, I often contemplate the "how good can I/will I get" thought. So far so good but consistency is a ruthless adversary.
  5. Surfinguru

CELEBRATION The Captain of the 2024 Grandaddy em Em All with Callaway Golf

Congrats @jlew! Loved the reaction video, that was awesome. The team is in good hands!
  6. Surfinguru

The THP Range/Practice Thread

I feel you guys. My take away has been/is pretty decent; good alignment at the top of the swing, then SUPER shallow, in-to-out path on the downswing. It's causing me all sorts of headache. Too much input from the trailing arm and getting a bit of chicken wing at the point of impact = not good...
  7. Surfinguru

NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

@JB, excellent news as always! As an ever hopeful first time participant (along with the other 1000 hopefuls!) I'm beyond stoked that the Grandaddy will continue! Big shoes for the Cap to wear, but in true THP fashion, I have no doubt those lucky enough to be chosen will step up and fill...
  8. Surfinguru

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Irons & Hybrids Review

Ok, I'm a little behind on my updates here, so I'll be somewhat brief. Went to the range on Tuesday evening to get some initial data points on distance and of course, my MLM decided to go wonky and only record the first 3-4 swings. Not helpful from an analytics perspective. Overall it was a...
  9. Surfinguru

CONTEST Live Update Thread - The 2024 GOAT Cup with Callaway Golf

<In my best Kool-Aid man voice> OH YEAH!!!! Super stoked for you guys. Keep the content coming!
  10. Surfinguru

New Arccos Link Pro

Good info. Did you notice any improvement from a GPS perspective? Was it faster to initially acquire signal? How about shot locations? Those are two of my biggest issues. I almost always have to start a round using the phone, end that round, then start a new round with the Link before it works...
  11. Surfinguru

Yes sir! Thank god for the time change. I can actually get a range session in after work now. Just have to remember to charge up the iPad and the Rapsodo tonight.
  12. Surfinguru

Picked up my HL irons from the Pro Shop yesterday. They didn't have them processed until AFTER my round was done. Oh well - still have them in hand! No time to hit them today either, but I've got a range session penciled in for Tuesday with the MLM to get an idea of distances and then the maiden...
  13. Surfinguru

New Arccos Link Pro

So how was it as far as shots missed etc.? My rounds are always off by a few shots that I have to go back and fix. ( add or remove) Also, it’s about the same size as the last gen link?
  14. Surfinguru

Callaway Chrome Tour, Chrome Tour X, and Chrome Soft Golf Balls

You guys have me so hyped for the new CT I had to grab a 3/1 offer. They came in yesterday and I'll be putting them in play on Sunday! I have a feeling it's going to be a big adjustment green side compared to the Supersofts I usually play.
  15. Surfinguru

UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

My new Ai Smoke HL irons should be here any day now. The MMT's have been good, but as someone pointed out in this thread or another, they are a bit muted in the way the feel. Can't wait to try the Darts on course and see how/if my game changes. (Hopefully for the better!)
  16. Surfinguru

On course GPS or your own GPS?

We've been nothing but CPO for the last two months, so it's a combo of cart and laser. Cart is a good starting point, but the laser don't lie! ETA: I always have Arccos on the phone as well, but again, those #'s are approximations, being as all civilian GPS is only to about 10'-15'
  17. Surfinguru

ANNOUNCEMENT SOLD OUT! Mystery Bags Go Up on March 7th

Well, congrats to all those that managed to get one!
  18. Surfinguru

ANNOUNCEMENT SOLD OUT! Mystery Bags Go Up on March 7th

Damn, had it in the cart, went to the go pay page, site crashed, finally reloaded and zero in stock. (I'm gonna go cry in the corner for a while now.)
  19. Surfinguru

When Callaway?

Yep, release date = unknown! @1860VS I was in the same situation. I've been playing the DCB's since they first came out. Great clubs and I have no regrets playing them. My game has improved enough that I was ready for something else. (More player iron oriented than game improvement?) Anyway, I...
Back