Search results for query: *

1. H

Cobra Darkspeed Drivers

My 18 year old college playing son has been hitting the Darkspeed for about a week. He said it is really no different than the Aerojet with similar distance and possibly lower spin rates. Hasn't been on a launch monitor yet. Had to go from 9* to 10.5* because the ball was knuckling out of the...
  2. H

Sam Bennett is a problem

Generally speaking, High School girl's golf is really bad. Might be a team or two with a decent golfer. After that it is unbearable. The golf is bad, they don't know the rules and it is slowwww!! My daughter played D1 golf as did the #2 on her team. They would finish 9 holes in less than 2...
  3. H

Help me understand something about Junior Golf

At 6 there is no reason to have more than a Single one on one lesson a month if even that. Group lessons are great at that age. The best instructor in North Florida is Dan Carraher and has great junior programs.
  4. H

TaylorMade Stealth 2 Drivers

The Stealth 2+ is like cheating. Without a doubt the best driver on the market this year. Aerojet a close second.
  5. H

Cobra AEROJET Drivers

My kid has tried a lot of drivers this year and has been able to game the Paradym and Aerojet already. Aerojet won against Stealth2+ by the slimmest of margins. Both are really good drivers as are all of them he tried. Some just don't work out for certain swing types and deliveries. He gamed...
  6. H

Who is the most overrated golfer of all time?

A ton of it. PGA oversells the hype of CW for the Tiger effect. My opinion the PGA marketing team is lazy by still selling Tiger and the hopes of his son making it. CW will have all the resources in the world, but so did Jack and Arnies kids back in the day. A pretty swing doesn't help put...
  7. H

Who is the most overrated golfer of all time?

Charlie is an above average junior golfer. That is it. He struggles to beat kids his own age. Overhyped and that is his old man's fault.
  8. H

High School Golf Thread

They are actually required by the state athletic association to keep their scores on an app using their phones. That would be pretty difficult.
  9. H

High School Golf Thread

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/nease-boys-golf-team-misses-state-tournament-after-key-player-disqualified-for-viewing-video/ar-AA13CMZs
  10. H

High School Golf Thread

Just another piece of advice. Make it very clear how kids qualify. If you make it clear they can't argue with you. Players finish Top 5 in a dual 9 hole event they automatically qualify for the next event. They Finish top 10 in a multi team event they automatically qualify for the next...
  11. H

High School Golf Thread

Probably an age view because I am several years older than you. As a parent, I would rather you look at me and tell me he isn't going to play. As a parent I see it is a disservice to my kid because there are other places and events he can play in. If they take it as a turn off, that is on...
  12. H

High School Golf Thread

I have had discussions with our HS coach about how many to keep as I help with team and fundraising opportunities. We are a really good team year in and year out and have no reason to run a JV program. He keeps 9 kids as it is easier to break up into 3somes for practice. His thought is that...
  13. H

High School Golf Thread

Interesting. Never heard of that before. How many days can you miss? Our school primarily plays 36 hole events that are Friday/Saturday. Flying to Arizona this year. I think last year they missed 12 full days including state championship and 6 half days. This year will be slightly more. Sent...
  14. H

High School Golf Thread

What does this mean?
  15. H

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

16 years old. Dialed in today with the fitter. Consistent 115-116 club head and low to mid 170 ball speed. This head is fast and the dispersion was great. Even heel hits were carrying 280 and in play. Ventus Black 6 TX shaft. Standard 9 degree head with weights fade biased.
  16. H

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

Driver still hasn't shipped so local shop gave the kid their Demo head which hasn't been hit until his comes in. I have been swamped and haven't seen it. All I know is he said it was the best driver he has ever hit. He will tell you withing a few swings if he doesn't like it. It is the...
  17. H

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

Depends on the player. My kid hit the triple diamond. The numbers with his Sim2 were better. The shape of the head was really odd to look at while at address for him. While the numbers weren't bad, the current gamer, Stealth+, and Radspeed XB numbers were all better than the Callaway for him.
  18. H

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

2nd Swing has a legendary fitter working there. Larry Bobka. He built and designed Tiger's Clubs at Titleist back in the day. Larry also was on the design team of the purple/gold wood shaft everyone used back in the day. I think it was a UST Mamiya but could be wrong. Was known as the Laker...
  19. H

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

I am in the sporting goods industry and Baseball Bats are the same exact problem. Supply Chains are a mess. With that said, Junior's LTDxLS has shipped. Should be getting it by Monday from the local shop.
  20. H

Cobra LTDx Driver Lineup

I don't play golf anymore, my junior does. He had a chance to hit the Stealth + at a TM demo and in our local shop. Compared to his Sim2 the ball speed and dispersion were better. Normalized Numbers were 113 with ball speed 168. Met with the Cobra Rep at our course last weekend. He did not...
Back