Search results for query: *

1. G

Order of importance… (to you).

1. Weather. I'm pretty flexible and will enjoy playing in most anything (it's the PNW, weather can be a crap shoot), but if I see good weather in the extended forecast in spring or fall I'll burn PTO to get out. So I guess that evidence means it's most important to me. 2. Playing partners. I...
  2. G

Masters favorites??

I can't see anyone but Scottie having the best odds with the way he's playing right now. After him, I'd say Niemann and Rahm.
  3. G

How often do you play par 3 course?

I play par-3 courses when it's an opportunity to join someone I know who's playing one. Beyond that, not at all. Shoot, even at Bandon I only play The Preserve because my brother likes to get a round in there before/after hitting one of the regulation courses. I do enjoy it, though...great test...
  4. G

Once you tee the ball up, how long does it take you to hit the ball?

Most shots, 20 seconds, give or take a few...couple practice swings, address the ball, a few waggles, then go. Once in a while, if there are multiple divots in front of the ball, I may forget which one was indicating my line and step back to re-acquire it. :confused: If that happens, it'll be...
  5. G

Front door to first tee, how long does it take?

Probably 45 minutes in total...30-35 minute drive, then 10-15 minutes to unload, put on shoes, hit the pro shop, and walk to the tee.
  6. G

Putting on Slow Greens and getting over the mental block

I have the same struggle, and don't claim to have solved it...but I shift my hands farther up on the grip on slower greens, and maybe stand up a little straighter, to increase the swing radius a bit. Feel isn't quite as good, but the same swing with this adjustment puts a bit more speed into the...
  7. G

If you are not a member anywhere - what makes your “most played” course the one you play more often..?

With their rate card and playing after 1PM to get the twilight rate, it's the cheapest par 72 round to be found within 30 miles, so it's mostly economic. But if it weren't a good challenging course in decent condition (130 slope), some other course would be my most-played.
  8. G

How much LIV have you watched?

I don't seek it out or set my calendar to it, but when it's on and I'm playing couch potato, I'll put it on, often in preference to PGAT (prefer LPGA to both, but I don't have the channels for that usually)...not out of any great deal of spite or caring about the team aspect as yet, but LIV...
  9. G

How Old Is Too Old?

I'm way off the beaten path on this one. I have a driver, wedge, and chipper that are a year or two old, but I play some pretty old irons (Tommy Armour 845Ti). I know I could benefit from the advantages of new clubs, and I'll probably move on to something new in the next couple of years. But for...
  10. G

Pulling putts

Last year I started watching the putter head during the swing, instead of locking eyes on the ball, then continue watching the putter head after contact. Unfortunately this won't help my green reading ;-) , but I don't pull or push it nearly as much as I used to.
  11. G

Tales from the pro shop

I'm also enjoying this topic. Club repair is a side of golf that I don't get to see. Between the old club curiosities and the wacky damage brought in for repair, every posted sample has been interesting and at times downright humorous. Thanks, and keep it coming. I think some of the snark aimed...
  12. G

No wrist hinge?

Not sure this is the same thing you're referring to, but for the last couple of years I've been going with a quieter wrist motion by reducing/eliminating the "rolling" motion in my wrists/forearms and going with a hinge motion only. Doing it this way, I never get the club to horizontal with the...
  13. G

The Match - Rory, Lexi, Max and Rose

Don't have cable, but I'm really interested. One to pull for (Lexi), one to root against a little (Rory), and two that should be interesting either way. I'll find a way to watch it.
  14. G

What does a PGA/DPWT/LIV 'merged' tour look like?

I'm still noodling on the whole "PGAT controls everything" aspect. What's to stop Jay from just shutting down LIV and keeping the ban on LIV players in PGAT events? "Under the terms of the agreements, the PGA Tour would retain control of the new for-profit entity." (from ESPN's 12/31 article...
  15. G

What's your go to club around the green?

Either 56* Cleveland CBX or, if I want roll, a Cleveland Smart Sole Chipper (42*, if memory serves).
  16. G

Why Are You Playing the Ball That You Do?

White is harder to track in flight off the tee against cloudy/overcast skies for my eyes. I Tried a few color options and settled on green as the best compromise. During the color experiments I also found that looking down on a matte ball at address felt better to the eyes and, possibly but not...
  17. G

I want to get to know your game - ratings

Lag Putting - 5 Not awesome, maybe a little better than what I'd expect given from a 13.x Short Putting - 6 Much improvement this year- pencil grip, lots of indoor practice, and not-quite Aimpoint Express have helped a lot. Chipping - 6 Lots of around...
  18. G

How Do You Read Greens?

Aimpoint Express, sort-of...Not at the point where I can feel the grade in a reliable way, but between a quick attempt at feeling it, looking at the slope with my eyes, and watching other players' putts when possible, I come up with a slope estimate and use the fingers to determine where I'm...
  19. G

Your Top 10 Rock Singers?

My list would mostly just be singers of bands that I like, who are all first rate but might not be "all time" great. My own opinion of a genuine #1 of all time would probably have to be Steve Perry. I'm surprised Pat Benatar hasn't made anyone's list.
  20. G

9-9:30am is the best tee time

I enjoy an early morning round, but truth be told, I have a slight preference for late morning or early afternoon, mainly for the sake of stable green speeds. I don't mind if it takes a little longer due to congestion on the course (I've reached a point in life where being in a hurry to get...
Back