Search results for query: *

1. G

Why all the backspin on full short irons or wedges?

Am I the only one who doesn't want really high amounts of backspin on full short iron or wedge swings? For short game shots I get it: I want to be able to stop the ball quickly when short sided or landing downhill. But beyond that, it often seems like insane amounts of backspin is just a sexy...
  2. G

GHIN & Oregon Golf Association

I live in the Vancouver, WA area. I play most of my rounds at Tri Mountain, with occasional rounds at other courses in the area. My brother has been encouraging me to get a handicap so I can join him in the occasional tournament when I visit him in Medford. Unfortunately, joining the Tri...
  3. G

Putting routine change of focus

I’ve been putting much better than normal over the past few rounds. I was listening to an episode of the Sweet Spot podcast a few weeks back, and Adam Young offered a suggestion to consider that I’d never encountered before. If it’s been mentioned here in any of the putting technique...
  4. G

Hello from the PNW

Hi everyone...I live in SW Washington state, in the Vancouver area. I'm an early 50s guy who's been playing irregularly since about 12 years of age or so. After a recent 10+ year hiatus, I just started again about a year ago. Been playing a couple times/month. I play several courses in the...
Back