Search results for query: *

1. David7

Does it count?

Hit a 200y drive today that bounced straight up the cart path another 80y. Even rolled to the left off the path for me with a nice lie. The entire spectacle was marvelous. Now, can I say I hit a 280y drive? 😅
  2. David7

Tee shot placement

I saw on YouTube somewhere (don’t remember which channel) that said if your miss is right with your driver, you should tee off to to the right inside the tee box.. as in right near the right side tee marker. Something to do with angles. Tried it today and it works; only pushed one shot to the...
  3. David7

Pretty sure my tee time for Tuesday is getting cancelled..

Have gotten at least a foot, this was when it wasn’t even that bad yet.
  4. David7

Worth it to go to the driving range in the cold?

Thinking about hitting a bucket tomorrow in the afternoon but the high will be 40 degrees. I can bundle up and have a golf jacket I can swing smoothly in. If I don’t get out tomorrow I’ll have to skip this week due to obligations. Would you go to the range in the cold?
  5. David7

Best Drivers of 2024

I realize that they didn’t include the Black Ops driver in this testing, but it was nice to see my Gen 6 win the most forgiving in its now second year. Amazing driver. https://mygolfspy.com/buyers-guides/drivers/best-golf-drivers/
  6. David7

What is your fairway percentage?

I average 50-57% pretty consistently with my driver. Much higher with my 5 wood. When I do miss, it’s first or second cut to the right. How many do you hit typically?
  7. David7

Grint off season?

I noticed that my round from two days ago doesn’t count towards my handicap on the Grint because it is considered the off season. Is this a regional thing, what about people in the south? I assume the Grint season starts in April?
  8. David7

Are Range Finders Worth It?

I’m thinking about purchasing one, budget is $90. Would you recommend it for a high handicapper or are they not necessary for a player like me yet? If so, any recommendations?
  9. David7

First round of the year, best 18 holes I’ve ever played so far

Conditions were wet and muddy, play was on the slow side but I was just happy to be playing this early in the year (New York). My driver was so-so, but my new 5W off the deck was ridiculous. I only topped it 2-3 times, it was pretty much money; 150-160 off the deck, dead center. Putting could...
  10. David7

First day at the range this season

First time swinging a club since November, nice day today (partly sunny 54 degrees). I pretty much began right where I left off which really surprised me, no rust at all apparently. Hit my irons so-so, my distance seems a tad shorter but it picked up towards the end. My new 9w is automatic...
  11. David7

How long did it take you to break 100?

I’m getting close, last year I ended with rounds between 106-108 when I was doing my best. Typically play nine holes once a week and score around 53-54. New York player so long off seasons. This will be my third season and I started thinking, am I taking longer than normal? I know I’m a fast...
  12. David7

Best way to clean a headcover?

Just purchased a used 9w on eBay, the club is in really nice condition and I’m pleased with the purchase. The headcover is a bit dingy though, nothing crazy but I’d like it to be cleaner as this is the only used club in my bag. What’s the best way to clean a club head cover?
  13. David7

Smoking on the course

What are your thoughts about people smoking while playing? Whether it be cigarettes or cigars. I have a confession; I can't STAND secondhand smoke. If someone is going to smoke, at least be mindful of the streamline smoke going towards others. The last couple of times I've been paired with...
  14. David7

PXG Gen 5 Driver Heroes discount

Really great deal here for military and/ or first responders. I recently purchased the Gen 6 for $350 under the same type of discount.
  15. David7

Unsolicited advice

I’m all for receiving advice with grace especially considering I’m relatively new. But there is a difference between advice and telling me how to play my game. I joined two players yesterday evening, they were probably about 15-20 years older than me. Both in carts, I was walking. They would...
  16. David7

Another golf course assault

This one is particularly viscous, not for the faint of heart. Be safe out there everyone. Apologies if it’s already been posted/ discussed.
  17. David7

Missed the shot of my life by inches

Had a so so round today (57 on front nine), but missed a 95 yard chip in by inches. Par 4, 318y 180y drive 40y top with 5w 95y with my 7i.. hit the flag and it kicked right 2 foot putt The third shot was blind uphill. I heard the sound of the flag and thought I sunk it for the first birdie in...
  18. David7

Wild round, ups and downs

3 pars 2 bogeys 4 double par My game currently feels like it’s on the cusp of something, which is awesome as I’ve already made huge improvements the last month or so. I think if I start making smarter, more conservative decisions I can minimize my blow up holes.
  19. David7

PXG Fitting

I’m scheduled to have my first ever driver fitting in two weeks, and I’m really not sure what to expect. It’s pretty exciting, and I plan on dialing in my driver game before the appointment. For those who don’t know, I’m currently in the market for a driver and I’ve boiled it down to three...
  20. David7

PING Driver’s MSRP?

Out of genuine curiosity, why is it that the price of PING drivers drop so slowly? They seem to retain their value more so than any other brand, that I have noticed at least. For instance, the G425 Max recently dropped to $400 and I’m pretty sure that’s going on it’s third year now since release.
Back