Search results for query: *

1. R

What did you shoot today?

Played a short but tricky course today. My only birdie came on 18, but I hit 14 greens and shot 2 over 73.
  2. R

Anyone had significant success strengthening your grip?

I have used Hogan's grip from his five lessons for years, as well as most of the swing. A couple of years ago, I tried to "modernize" my swing to add distance. Unmitigated disaster!!! Duck hooks and pain in new places were the only results. Back to Ben for good.
  3. R

Best Ball Alignment Marker/Sharpie

Switch to Vice balls. You'll never need to put a line on there again.
  4. R

Living Next to Chickens (in the middle of a city)

This. Chicken sh*t stinks worse than just about anything. I would be an absolute no with no hesitation. I would explain to my neighbor that it's nothing personal, but you would like to be able to go outside your house without a gas mask.
  5. R

Big Chain Restaurant the you’d get rid of?

Chic Fil A-- how can they get away with charging so much for a way too sweet piece of chicken (is the breading pure sugar or what?) and a couple of pickles on a bland roll? I don't get it. Red Lobster-- have you people never tasted real, fresh seafood?
  6. R

What we’re you shooting after your first year?

I shot 125 the first round I played, 100 the second, then pretty much settled into the low 90s until I started playing regularly a couple of years later.
  7. R

Best Ball for Mid-Handicap?

Great idea. I think when looking for a new ball, throw away preconceptions and give a variety of balls a fair shake.
  8. R

After two poor rounds, some progress today. 2 birdies and 6 bogeys for a +4 74. Hit it better and made a few putts.
  9. R

New Big 3

Rory, Scheffler, Rahm. If you gave me three picks against the field on any given week, especially a Major week, these are the guys.
  10. R

Recovery after a round

Be careful with Advil and other NSAIDs. They interact badly with many, many prescription meds. If you have no scrips, no worries, but many people are mixing these with no idea how dangerous it can be.
  11. R

Best Ball for Mid-Handicap?

This. But instead of ordering just the pro soft, order some tours and some drives. You'll be way under 30 bucks a dozen, and you'll have 3 different styles to choose from. See which work for you and feel best for you. I wound up having the drive as my favorite ball, and I wasn't expecting that...
  12. R

Mizuno Wedges?

Have the MP T5 56* and 60*. Good wedges. As good as any I've had. They are worn out, though, and when spring comes around, I'll be switching to wedges my daughter got me for Christmas. Hope they work as good as they look.
  13. R

Are You Playing Golf If You Do Not Keep Score?

I would say you are playing, but you have no way of knowing how well you played since your score is the only measure of how good or bad a round is (at least for me).
  14. R

My game has deserted me. 81 yesterday and an 86 today. Smooth 9 on the 16th today. Scotty might be taking a break if he doesn't heat up. Hopefully he'll read this, get nervous, and start making some freaking putts.
  15. R

Favorite national sub sandwich chain

Jersey Mike's is the best among the chains by far, and is better than most local places. Subway is the Domino's of sub chains, in both cases, I'd rather eat the packaging.
  16. R

Just never felt comfortable today. 3 birdies, but 3 doubles more than undid them. Only good thing was that 2 of the birdies came late to keep me under 80. Birdied the tough par 3 18th to finish with 78.
  17. R

Tour Event 2023 The Genesis Invitational

Seems tiger put it front and center with his little "prank." My life is plenty happy, believe me. Retired and golfing more and better than ever. Part of the happiness comes from not compromising principles and supporting people who are obviously bad human beings. I have friends from all...
  18. R

Never heard a thing about it. It was a very dumb thing to do on her part. But just to be clear, did she have a history of womanizing and hanging with prostitutes while married? You would think someone with a history of disrespecting women, including his own wife and the mother of his children...
  19. R

How do they feel about him having fun with prostitutes while his wife was home with the kids? Clearly, he's a normal guy with a healthy respect for women who was just making a harmless joke.
  20. R

Agreed, just wanted both sides heard before it was dropped. I'm perfectly fine with letting it go.
Back