Search results for query: *

1. golfinFF

Anyone done TPI

Has anyone done TPI or even the assessment? I did the assessment Sunday morning and was kinda surprised by some of the results not being as bad as I thought they would be since I'm not all that flexible. I lacked the mobility/flexibility where I thought in a couple area where I thought I would...
  2. golfinFF

#THPCallOut GolfinFF Vs Cbaker April 30th

I'm calling you out buddy for the afternoon round on the Legacy course at http://www.sweetbriargolfclub.com/legacy/. GolfinFF 18hc Cbaker 8hc Baker will be giving me 9 pops Gonna be a good time on a great course. What's on the line - TBD
  3. golfinFF

New HC Rule, following or not?

The season is about to open for many in the next couple weeks and with that comes handicap tracking and the new no solo rounds for handicap. So will you be following by the new rule or posting the score anyway?
  4. golfinFF

Swing changes changing your fit?

I've been fit by my instructor a couple times in the past with the same results +1/2 and 2up also when ever we tinkered with head and shafts from the fitting carts this combo always worked in the past well for me. We've made some serious swing changes over the last yr and the numbers just...
  5. golfinFF

Golf school, would you?

The itinerary would include golf and two range sessions to cover long game(full swing) and short game(Pw yardage and in). During play your instructor gives course management tips, ways to hit from difficult lies we may only see a couple times a year as well as different ways to play the same...
  6. golfinFF

DIY net

I've been on the hunt for a net to practice at the station. I had a cheap one my wife bought me which used the traditional tent poles ran through loops to hold it up and it worked fine. Problem was that it lacked the durability that I needed for a net that would be put up and taken down a lot...
  7. golfinFF

Taking more club and dialing it back

Going through swing changes has me swing more with the big muscles and starting the down swing with my lower body/left hip bump. To be able to do this successfully I'm swing at what feels 75-80% speed. Leaving me a club shorter but much much more accurate in both being on target line and...
  8. golfinFF

Cupping the wrist

Freddie do you have any tips on how I can keep from cupping of my left wrist?
  9. golfinFF

2014 what'd you learn

What did you learn about your game this season? what will you take into 2015 with you? I learned that I can play some really really good golf and some really bad golf. The difference is huge but comes down to fundamentals and committing to each shot. Doing the fundamentals and committing to...
  10. golfinFF

Renewing or joining in 2015 or not

Whose renewing their memberships for 2015? If your not why? Are you gonna join a course for the first time this yr or change courses? Why now/ why the change in course?
  11. golfinFF

Courses in financial trouble or closing?

With the exception of destination areas for golf are you seeing/hearing of courses closing or just struggling financially. I've heard the rumblings of financial trouble from several courses near me and one that will be closing its doors next yr. Several of out private clubs have gone public...
  12. golfinFF

Weakness play around it or not?

Canadan's handicap goals thread sparked this thought for me. Most of us have a goal we want to be at and put in some work to get there. Some that's a handicap # or posting an average score. So the questions are Is there a part of your game that is holding you back? Do you try and avoid that...
  13. golfinFF

Vessel Custom Bag Review

Why a custom bag? --I wanted a custom bag to show off the work I do for a non-profit and the only way to get what I wanted was to go completely custom. Vessel had the most options of anyone I could find and be reasonable enough in price to get what I wanted. Bag Styles Vessel offers bags in...
  14. golfinFF

Looking for FT IZ driver shaft & tool

A coworkers shaft was damaged at a scramble when games were played by undoing the cart strap. If you have a shaft, tool or both let me know what you want for it.
  15. golfinFF

Picking a club head?

I'm not talking looks I'm talking performance- So how do you know what's right for you--- Is it a deep face? Lateral forgiveness? CG-- Forward, Middle, Back? Low, Middle, High? Launch- low, mid, high? How do you know what to look for in a club head wether it be woods, hybos, irons is it...
  16. golfinFF

Help Extinguish Hunter Syndrome a 501(c)(3) charity

Some who have met me or seen some of my posts around the forum know I am heavily involved with a charity and I was told to post about it by a member. The charity I am involved with is Help Extinguish Hunter Syndrome whose mission is to raise awareness about Hunter Syndrome(MPS II or...
  17. golfinFF

How to stop picking the ball?

I'm not sure what caused this for me, maybe too much time hitting off mats and being afraid of hitting fat? I do strike the ball consistently currently and my shot shape is generally a straight or draw shot with irons. But I either don't take a divot at all or it's maybe two balls long and a...
  18. golfinFF

Mayday is a good dude

He was contemplating buying some Hopkins wedges and I offered to send him mine. When he sent it back he attached a challenge coin from Operation Enduring Freedom. The coin I will cherish as I know he earned it for his service during that time. Thank You Very much and if we ever tee it up...
  19. golfinFF

Non-MC selectees and your goals

For those that tried to get into the MC and did not make it in, Did you have goals set for your game if you had been picked? Did those goals change after you didn't get selected? Did they change for the better or did give up on them? I had goals set if I had got into the MC for where I wanted...
  20. golfinFF

Pro-Ams

How do you go about getting into a Pro-Am event to play? I ask cause I would love to tee it up in one on any of the tours. I think it would be fun and interesting to watch the way a pro tackles the course.
Back