Search results for query: *

1. G

Swapping heads in wedges...

You really dont even need a torch if you have a gas stove top :)
  2. G

Michigan hackers, check in here

Not sure if you played already. But I recommend Stoatin for sure and that area in general. I played Stoatin three times last year and its just a fun track. I will say, the back 9 is 3x better than the front however. Definitely a different experience than the typical Michigan courses. There is...
  3. G

First Irons You Ever Bought?

Im fairly new to golf, but I bought a set of used Ping i3 O-size to start....then 4 months later bought a set of Cobra One length F7s and played those for 12 months...then went back to variable length. Bought a brand new set of Tour Edge C521s for like $280 at a sale, which is what I play now...
  4. G

Your Last Chip In?

Last week in league, about 20 feet off the green with a 56 deg. It was a for a 6 on a Par 4, which is really bittersweet.
  5. G

Fiction - Golf Novels

The books I have read from him so far all have Eddie Caminetti as either a main character or as a lesser protagonist. I would say in the three books that I have read in the "series", The Green seems to have been the best one to read first.
  6. G

Fiction - Golf Novels

Awesome! This is exactly what I am looking for, thank you!
  7. G

Fiction - Golf Novels

I recently began reading golf novels and have really been enjoying the style. So far, I have gotten through "The Green", "The Foursome", and "Scratch" all by author Troon Mcallister. There are tons of non-fiction golf books out there, but I was wondering if anyone else read fiction golf novels...
  8. G

What did you shoot today?

Walked 5 9's yesterday. Went 45, 46, 50, 52, 49. I could tell in the 3rd, 4th and 5th 9s, my swing started to slow from being a bit fatigued and I started to pull my driver a bit, which put me in scramble mode. The 52 was a bit of a beatdown.
  9. G

Best Birthday Gift!

She did! It seemed semi-unrelated to golf. So didnt include it haha.
  10. G

Best Birthday Gift!

Girlfriend picked out a great selection. I walk about 95% of my golf rounds, so the heated foot soak is super thoughtful (Im walking 45 holes tomorrow, so this baby is going to get some use!) PRGR launch monitor and a cute putter cover.
  11. G

Do you like 5 woods?

I have a pretty flat swing that makes sweeping the ball pretty consistent for me. I tried all sorts of hybrids, but could never get comfortable, so I switched to woods. I play a 15* 3 wood, 18* 5 wood, 22* 7 wood and a 26* 11 wood, 3 and 5 are Tour Edge exotics exs and I love them. I used to...
  12. G

Gloves, how often do you change them?

I play with no glove. My hands don't sweat much and I haven't found that it helps or hurts me. Although it does make the top of my palms look like a 75 year old stone masons.
  13. G

New from Michigan

Sure! Let me know if you need any course suggestions. Ive played just about everything within a 45 min drive of GR. My favs: Cedar Chase Moss Ridge Pilgrims Run The Mines The Meadows
  14. G

New from Michigan

Go Blue! Thanks for the welcome!
  15. G

New from Michigan

Hello! My name is Drew, I currently live in Grand Rapids, MI. I started playing in August of 2020 during the whole covid thing, as many people did. Prior to that, I played maybe once a year with a set of hand me down ladies clubs. One of the driving events that got me into golf: I was in...
  16. G

What are you building? (Club style)

I have this odd obsession with "frankensteining" clubs I find and I will buy cheap bargain bin $3-$10 found clubs at different places that have such bins, mainly for the shafts. Currently working on a Callaway X-hot attack wedge that I found snapped and in a tee box trash can at a local course a...
Back