Search results for query: *

1. buckeyewalt

B-Stone Golf Ball Sale

Just received an ad for Bridgestone BX series golf balls for $34.99. Probably last years but for that price that's a deal. From fairwayjockey.com
  2. buckeyewalt

Volvik XT Soft Golf Balls Review

Played 18 the other day with these and my AVX. Definitely not an apples to apples comparison but gave me a lot of insight. Played the front 9 with the Volvik and the back 9 with the AVX. Volvik: launches higher, not as much spin as the AVX but comparable in all sense to the QST. Feels good off...
  3. buckeyewalt

Would you play non conforming wedges?

I understand, but given that, would you play non-conforming clubs, not just to try out but to actually play them for a time?
  4. buckeyewalt

I already have a given, so why should I spend time just looking what I could (or not) out of my old Ping?
  5. buckeyewalt

I guess the old saying applies here...to each his own....I mean I don't play in tournaments that it would matter, and I do have in fact a Ping lob wedge with grooves that were grandfathered in, but I still choose to play my current wedges because I know what to expect out of them.
  6. buckeyewalt

other than sucking back a bunch (which is nice to look at) what benefit would there be?
  7. buckeyewalt

What if Wilson Golf Bought Tour Edge?

The only company that would benefit is Wilson big negative for TE.
  8. buckeyewalt

4 dozen packs yay or nay?

No for me don't do 4 for 3!
  9. buckeyewalt

I agree...but I'm not a 4 for 3 type of guy. I did at one point, but I found out that It was hard just using 24 balls plus the good ones that you find in a season and I usually play 3-4 times a week, not 18 all of the time. I just hate to be tied down to a certain ball and it's tough getting...
  10. buckeyewalt

I agree, looking at the Volvik site is "almost as bad as the Wilson site. If your going to make a golf ball and be successful at it, at least throw some technical information about the product with a comparison cut-away.
  11. buckeyewalt

What is 10K MOI and Does it Matter To You?

I think that most of the OEM's talk about MOI as being advantageous in one way or another in their clubs or at least certain clubs that they are selling. I don't know much about the 10K stuff, but I can tell you that my G400 MAX was one fantastic fairway finder and Ping touted it at the time the...
  12. buckeyewalt

The feel off the wedge was not clicky but somewhat muted. I did get the sense that I was hitting the sweet spot by the sound all of the time which I know I wasn't. The Volvik was as good off the face of the putter as my AVX which to say not clicky.
  13. buckeyewalt

Played 9 holes at a par 3 course (what better way is there to test your short game?). My main focus was the short game and how it feels off the wedges. I can honestly say that these spin very good maybe is the AVX range and definitely better than some urethane balls out there. Distance was good...
  14. buckeyewalt

Choosing a Golf Ball?

when looking at and trying new balls, I usually play 9 and purposefully try not to hit the green and come up short and I usually vary the yardage so that I can use my wedges to test the new balls. That is my measuring stick. My GIR is not that good so I compensate by having a good/tight short...
  15. buckeyewalt

2023 - 2024 College Basketball Thread

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/over-100-college-basketball-players-flood-transfer-portal-in-chaotic-march-madness-sideshow/ar-BB1k6PAW?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=1334b199177c4132b05d3a214c9a570f&ei=10 Over 100 college basketball players flood transfer portal in chaotic March Madness sideshow
  16. buckeyewalt

In Florida for some golf and sun...went to the local PGATSS and found these so I thought I would give them a try. These are very close to one of my favorite balls the Wilson Duo-Professional. Just slightly firmer but has the same spin and feel around the green. Will take these on my next round...
  17. buckeyewalt

PING G430 MAX 10K Driver Preview

Was wondering if anyone had playing experiences with the PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 shaft. I currently play the G400 Max with the original Ping Tour Chrome 65 shaft but was wondering if the "2.0" was any different. Hate to get rid of my current Max, just might have to hit them side by side. One of...
Back