Search results for query: *

1. drb1956

How does you salary look compared to this?

After the first couple million, how much do you need to live a nice life? Between LIV enticing players with guaranteed money, and now the PGAT has been boosting purses to keep players on Tour, where does it end? I'm not on board with the merger, nor am I a PGAT fan as much anymore. I would...
  2. drb1956

How does you salary look compared to this?

Is this even a fair question? I made just under $80,000 last year driving a big rig locally, paid hourly. Those guys aren't even in the same ballpark as us working stiffs! And lets hope he pays his fair share of taxes on that money, and not get a crapload of writeoffs!
  3. drb1956

Maxfli StraightFli - does it really fly straighter than other balls? Thank you!

I too, tried the ProV1, years ago, when I found about 6 dozen on a golf course that nobody bothered to look for their ball in a wooded area. Played them for 2 seasons, and I absolutely loved them around the green, but off the tee, it was brutal. The lack of distance, and felt like I was hitting...
  4. drb1956

I can say I know all about the Wilson Duo, being the softest ball on tbe market when it came out, at 29 compression. With that being said, I was playing with my group, and my BIL says, what's up with you today? Your 30-40 yards behind all the rest of us. It was 85*, and this ball turned into a...
  5. drb1956

That is a real possibilty on the marketing mularkey.. But it was kind of funny that last Saturday, I could not hit the side of a barn with my driver, and found a Straightfli on the course, and proceeded to par 2 two holes back to back, and made bogie for the remaining holes. I had shot 60 on the...
  6. drb1956

So, yeah, went and bit the bullet! Got my butt down to Dicks to pick up my online order after work tonight. Picked up the Maxfli Straightfli in the new gloss yellow, at 2fer $35, and with a $20 reward, $16.50 with tax, out the door. Such a good value, and if it works for me, better yet...
  7. drb1956

So I stand corrected! It says "20% straighter than previous generation Speedfli"..
  8. drb1956

THAT is funny!! LOL!! The part about the person who hit them...
  9. drb1956

I saw once " 20% straighter than a previous version", and now "20% straighter than Maxfli Trifli" is what I have seen. I think it is in small print on the box...
  10. drb1956

Yup. But I have 2 stores within 10 miles of me, so I don't mind driving. Besides, I like to check out the different depts. in the store besides golf. We had better be frequenting these brick and mortar stores before they close them. Ahem, ahem, Amazon...
  11. drb1956

All I know is that I found one on the course, and my game turned around on a dime! I was stinking it up last Saturday on the front(lost 4 Softflis), and a couple of holes on the back, found a Straightfli on 13, teed it up on 14, and parred 2 holes back to back. Played pretty good coming in, and...
  12. drb1956

Shaft weight

Well, front nine was a disaster. Teed off at 48*, by the turn it was 43*, at 18, dropped to 39*. Windy the whole round. Lost 4 balls on the front. Driver WAS NOT my friend on the front, or the start of back. Lost 1 ball on the back. Started with an 8 on the first hole-par 4. Double bogie for 3...
  13. drb1956

Shaft weight

I will keep that in mind, but lets see how the Alta 55g does for me. I will check back in after the round to let you know how it went...
  14. drb1956

Maxfli Softfli

Have not been to Dicks to look at the gloss version of the Softfli, but I have one round in the bag so far, and did not lose one matte Softfli yellow. Will be playing this afternoon, and hope to have the same result, playing the matte Softfli yellow ball. Not a great score, but the round did...
  15. drb1956

Shaft weight

XXIO is pricey stuff!! Hopefully the lighter shaft will help me pick up at least 10 yards. Lets see what happens this afternoon..
  16. drb1956

Shaft weight

Have a Ping G410 SFT, which came with an Alta CB 55g Reg. flex shaft. I like to tinker, and feeling that the 55g was just a little too whippy for me, I purchased a Graffalloy ProLaunch 65 in Reg. flex. So, it felt better, and has good control, but as of late, just don't seem to be carrying the...
  17. drb1956

My wife is good at everything

It would be nice just to have my wife come out with me.. She doesn't even have to play...
  18. drb1956

Where is your game?

After playing last Saturday, turning in a 103, I feel I have nowhete to go but up. This could easily been a 115, so I feel encouraged by the result. Breaking down each hole, there were a lot of shots that were very good, and a lot not so good. Fixing a few basic flaws in my swing might just...
  19. drb1956

Is Golf a Sport?

Yeah! It really looked better than the score would reveal. Hoping to lower that number as I go forward this season. Getting out of the tee box is my biggest fear, and the biggest problem with my game. Will consider shortening my driver shaft, within reason, if that is what I need to do to...
  20. drb1956

Where is your game?

Just got out for the first time yesterday. Can't judge too much from one round, but it does look promising. Driver was looking good on the back nine, approaches were ok, short game just needs time, and putting was pretty good. 103, but it looked better than the score would indicate. Did not lose...
Back