Search results for query: *

1. drb1956

Shaft weight

Have a Ping G410 SFT, which came with an Alta CB 55g Reg. flex shaft. I like to tinker, and feeling that the 55g was just a little too whippy for me, I purchased a Graffalloy ProLaunch 65 in Reg. flex. So, it felt better, and has good control, but as of late, just don't seem to be carrying the...
  2. drb1956

Souped up 3 iron..

So, here is the distance problem that is being discussed in golf circles today. Thegala, starting his final round at the WM, teeing off with "a souped up 3-iron, that he can hit 250 yards" according to the broadcaster. Really!! I can't hit my driver that far, even if I needed too! I know these...
  3. drb1956

3-wood pondering

Ok! So I have had a club pondering lately, though I am NOT sure if I want to act on it. I currently game a Callaway Diablo Octane 3-wood, since 2010. Would I be better off getting something newer, or just continue playing the Diablo? I like the way the Diablo plays off the fairway, and the tee...
  4. drb1956

Launch Tech. fire

So, with the fire that has wiped out Launch Technologies for at least a year, what do the companies that do business with them do for their golf balls? Are there enough other companies that would be willing to take on more capacity? Would brands like Callaway move that production stateside? Are...
  5. drb1956

One year in..

So, here I am on this site, and found out that I posted 1,000 messages, almost one year in, which is July 27th. Never gave it much thought, but I do spend quite a bit of off time on this site, just seeing what I can give my opinion, or experience to, whomever is willing to listen. Most of the...
  6. drb1956

Wilson Golf

Did you ever wonder if Wilson, for as hard as they try, if they should just become a ball company, at least in the U.S., and not market clubs here anymore? Just a thought that crossed my mind as, I was reading the thread about the newest driver offerings from them. Mixed feelings about their...
  7. drb1956

Logo golf balls

Anyone out there collect logo golf balls? I must have close to 200, most found on the course, looking for my ball. Now, I purchase a ball from the courses I play, if I have never played there before. I have logos of Fortune 500 companies, corporations, insurance, a lot of well known companies...
  8. drb1956

Maxfli Softfli

Played 9, and then 2 18's in 3 days around the Myrtle Beach area this week. Came to S.C. to visit family, and play golf with the BIL. Came with 18 TopFlite Hammer Control balls, being a high capper. So, lost 2 on the 9, at River Oaks Fox course, and the rest on the first 18. It was at Arrowhead...
  9. drb1956

GigaGolf

Any of our fellow golfers ever purchase clubs, or have ever played clubs from GigaGolf, based in Florida? Basically an online type clubbuilder(?), that will build a set to your specs. Clublength, shafts, which have limited selection, grips and grip thickness, again with limited selection. No...
  10. drb1956

Golf Central.....

Ok. So I get home, look at the TV listings. Says PGA Tour- WM Phoenix Open being replayed at 7 pm. It's now 7:20 pm, and Golf Central is just going on and on and on.......Showing highlights from a shortened 1st round. I don't want to see highlights, just put on the golf! Getting really fed up...
  11. drb1956

Who remembers Golfsmith?

I always enjoyed a trip to Golfsmith, as there used to be a brick and mortar store in Schaumburg, Il,. I live 10 minutes from there. Getting the catalog was fun, as I read thru it, wishing to buy this, or that. I always wanted to go to the clubmakers school in Texas, but never did. I did put...
  12. drb1956

Winter golf gloves

Has any THP'ers found golf gloves that help with temps below 50*? I have tried repeatedly, the offerings at all the big box golf stores. I have found that using the Footjoy winters, put on first, then putting on a pair of lightweight utilty work gloves with leather palms, over them seem to work...
  13. drb1956

St. Andrews

Has anyone planned a golf trip to the home of golf, St. Andrews? I would like to know the travel itinerary that would be required to get a tee time, hotels, etc..
  14. drb1956

Fixing pitch marks on greens

So, we have been going back and forth about raking bunkers/sand traps. Now, I want to start a thread about the boneheads that can't, won't, don't know your supposed to fix them, especially par 3's. I have been on courses where the greens on par 3's had so many pitch marks, I have had to fix as...
  15. drb1956

Hello from Chicago areai

You might know me from over at MGS, or at G-WRX. Same name, just new here. Have read THP for a lot of years, just never signed on. Lots of folks here! And they try to keep threads going..I like all the opinions about anything golf. Nobody judges anybody here. Over at the others, if, for example...
Back