Search results for query: *

1. SundayHack

Capsule Wardrobe - Golf Edition

Has anyone built a golf specific capsule wardrobe? (if you don't know what a capsule wardrobe is, see here) I'm not one to buy surplus golf clothes and I'm looking to refresh my apparel so my goal is to buy as little as possible but maximize the amount of outfits I can have. Just curious to...
  2. SundayHack

Which of these two had a greater impact on your overall health and well-being?

Improved diet Or More exercise?
  3. SundayHack

Preparing for a round

Do you prepare for a round of golf the night before, or even the days leading up? do you have a routine you like to follow... or not? Does it change whether its just a weekend game at your club or a tournament? Previously I have gone down the path of planning the night before (google...
  4. SundayHack

On course improvement from speed training

I have read through most of the speed training threads (not every page) and its been cool to see the gains people are making with their speed training as I commence mine. I am keen to hear what on course imporvements have been observed as a result of the speed training? are you scoring better...
  5. SundayHack

Fitting it all in (golf improvement)

How is everyone fitting in: playing range practice short game practice strength workouts mobility workouts speed training rest between workouts lessons each week while still prioritising family and working full time? I really want to improve this year but quickly realising there’s more to fit...
  6. SundayHack

SLKZ Gold Drive Training Tool (swing speed training)

Has anyone used the SKLZ swing speed training aid? https://sklz.com/en-au/gold-drive-golf-training-tool.html 3 weight configurations (light, heavy, counterbalanced) Price is attractive compared to competitors at least where I live Just about to order one
  7. SundayHack

Practicing putts 10ft and in

According to ShotScope I’m losing the most strokes to Putting against a 10HCP (my goal) - currently 13.6HCP. Strokes gained putting: -2.16 Strokes gained putting <10ft: -1.42 Putts left short: 65% (don’t know starting distance) Putts left short inside 3ft: 43% (don’t know starting distance)...
  8. SundayHack

Strokes Gained Driving.. Accuracy vs Distance

Been recently listening to the Sweetspot podcast episode with Mark Broadie discussing strokes gained. One of the key takeaways I got was moderate distance off tee and in the rough (with a shot to the green) is better than playing safe and hitting a shorter club to get on the fairway. Btw I...
  9. SundayHack

ShotScope Benchmarking (Strokes Gained)

When you review your stats are you benchmarking against a particular handicap or always against scratch/tour pros? I like to see the big picture first and look at it against scratch but will benchmark to a 10HCP to narrow my focus on what to work on.
  10. SundayHack

Cleveland Smart Sole 4 Gap Wedge

How does this club perform from the fairway on full/partial shots? If you’ve got one/used one keen to hear your experiences. Got the C and now considering the G and S. I’ve read plenty on the S, but not much on the gap wedge. Cheers!
  11. SundayHack

Ways to increase driver distance

I’m looking for strategies to improve driver distance, not specially posting this to get technical advice. Ideally I’d like to see about 250yds total. Currently 15HCP and in my 30s. Current data (averages) Carry: 207yds Total: 224y CHS: 93mph Ball Speed: 135mph Path: 1.2 inside-out Face: 4.1...
  12. SundayHack

Game Golf Shot Tracker

Anyone still use Game Golf? I had their first device and used it a fair bit but no longer have it. I noticed on their website something new is coming in Spring.. Game Golf KZN?
  13. SundayHack

ACU-STRIKE Golf Mat

Anyone use one of these mats? Worth the money or not really? https://acustrikegolf.com.au/products/acu-strike-outdoor-golf-mat
  14. SundayHack

Open Stance (all clubs)

Does anyone actively try and hit with an open stance? I'm not talking extremes but maybe a couple degrees. At the range the other night and found I was rotating better around my body on the downswing when a little open. Still put some bad swings on the ball if I didnt rotate but found it easier...
  15. SundayHack

What is your go-to bump and run club?

I have used just about everything in the bag except driver and struggled to find consistency with bump and runs. Hoping to simplify my short game in 2023 and get good at one club for bump and runs.
  16. SundayHack

Whats your 2023 New Years Golf Resolution

Whats your new years golf resolution for 2023? Keeping mine simple next year and aiming to just play more and enjoy the game.
  17. SundayHack

Do GI irons limited how good you can get?

Obviously they help out higher handicaps but is there a limit to where they are no good for improving and you need to change out for more player irons? Could you get to scratch using GI irons? Genuine question and I’m curious to see how many single digit handicaps use them. For context I’ve...
  18. SundayHack

Anyone a runner?

Anyone here run regularly? If so, how often and did you notice any difference in your golf game before and after you started? Thinking about getting into some semi regular running (~3 times a week) and curious if it will have any benefit to golf. Golf is not the main reason for the running and...
  19. SundayHack

What clubs do you carry above your irons?

Currently I go 5i > 5W > Dr Might add a 7W between the 5i and 5W Curious to see what everyone else carries
  20. SundayHack

Embracing the curve

Recently come across Mac Boucher on Instagram and what a lot of fun he is to watch! Got me thinking, how many of you embrace curving the ball (slice/hook if thats what your natural swing tendencies are) and focusing less on correcting it and chasing a straight shot or even a tight draw/fade? I...
Back