Search results for query: *

1. andyAVFC

Unpopular Opinion - The Masters / Augusta

So; a) I am a hypocrite as I am going to watch the Masters 1st shot to the last b) I am going to get absolutely hammered for this I really don't like Augusta & The Masters... and I don't really know why. I don't think it is the course at all but more surrounding the 'snobbyness' and the...
  2. andyAVFC

Moving to Florida - Best Courses // Memberships etc

So it looks like it is finally happening, my wife and I are 90% now taking a relocation package from the UK to the US for a minimum of 4 years but we expect this to be longer. Our choice of destination is just outside the Orlando metro area around Horizon West or maybe down to Championsgate but...
  3. andyAVFC

Charlotte - NC

Hey HP, just reaching out to those familiar with Charlotte in NC I'm across from the UK for some business travel and have a weekend in Charlotte at the end of January, any recommendations on where to (or not) to stay? Also any recommendations for things to do? I'll have a car so pretty free to...
  4. andyAVFC

Ryder Cup - Where to watch

Evening THP, I'm across your side of the pond at the moment down in the Florida and wondering how to watch the Ryder Cup? Seems its on Peacock but I won't have an account. Is it on anywhere else, navigating your TV system seems a little harder than just flicking our sky box back home on. It...
  5. andyAVFC

The Open // Royal Liverpool

Anyone going up this week? I'm going with my wife and seeing the forecast I'm alowly regretting it 😂 Anyone been before ananalysing recommendations for some good spots to see the action?
  6. andyAVFC

Lancashire Links Courses // The Open

Looking for some help from any Lancashire locals. I've got last minute open tickets for the Saturday. Any recommendations for local links courses away from the obvious options like Birkdale, Lytham St Annes etc? Any little gems worth looking at? They are all booked and it's already an...
  7. andyAVFC

Pro Tournament - Practice Days

Just wondering what people's experience of practice days are & how they work. With the open becoming more & more difficult to get tickets we are thinking of heading up for a practice day instead. Not the same as the tournament but the next best thing. It maybe a stupid question but I have no...
  8. andyAVFC

Valspar Championship

Overseas in the US on a work visit in a couple of weeks time. I have a completely free weekend 18th & 19th so I'm going to head down to Florida for some winter sun and head over to watch the golf. My second time ever watching tour golf live, what do people find better? Following a specific...
  9. andyAVFC

Chicago Golf

Got another 2 week work trip from the UK coming up, flying out March 11th and back March 26th which gives me a weekend around South Chicago. I'll have a car so can commute a few hours but is it too early in the season for courses to be open? If not any recommendations? Any help appreciated 👍🏼
  10. andyAVFC

Sawgrass - 120k lost balls

I just read the following article claiming 100k to 120k balls are estimated to be put in the water on the 17th throughout the year. This averages 3 to 4 per player. Am I missing something or does this look like pure nonsense and hysteria? Firstly it just sounds ridiculously & I mean...
  11. andyAVFC

Canadian Winters

Not necessarily golf related but hoping THP community can help. Particularly any cold climate dwellers! I'm visiting Canada in 2 weeks time for work, we have customers in various cities so Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto and Montreal. Pretty much every day will be, hotel, taxi to...
  12. andyAVFC

Garmin R10

Just reaching out to see any experience fellow golfers have had with the Garmin R10 both indoors or outdoors. Looking at launch monitors mainly for garden use and unfortunately the trackman of this world are out of my price range. The garmin R10 on paper seems to give a great spread of data +...
  13. andyAVFC

Orlando Golf Clubs

Hey THP, looking for some guidance is possible. My wife and I are looking at moving to the Florida at some point in the near future. Is there any recommendations on local golf course to look at been a member off? (With the key bit been affordable) I know golf in the US is more expensive but...
Back