Search results for query: *

1. bulls9999

Things you laugh way too hard at

Hitting a shot out of the trees, a zinger, but hitting the nearest tree and having to do a disco dance move to get out of getting hit on the backwards ricochet .... while others in your group were watching. Then getting asked if I could repeat it, they didn't have their iphone out.
  2. bulls9999

Post the most recent golf-related picture on your phone.

Coupon I sent to my wife last week asking if she wants to do. They have a great deal, especially when it's discounted ($139 vs normal $260). All your food is free the entire day...you can have lunch, pick up drinks (non-alcoholic) for the cart, somewhere around hole 12 there is a hospitality...
  3. bulls9999

Mental Health: Make it a Priority

Mental health issues start much earlier than a lot of people think. I'm on a committee that votes on college student financial aid appeals applications. When students on financial aid don't pass sufficient # of courses or get lower than the required GPA to maintain their financial aid, they...
  4. bulls9999

Looking for feedback on a new golf business idea

Maybe they already have this, but what about an outdoor range with bays for hitting off grass (higher fee) and also on matts (lower fee), with tracking by those high end shot analyzers and you can save tracker traces and summary statements on a thumbdrive? or connect with an iphone app where the...
  5. bulls9999

Looking for feedback on a new golf business idea

I recently found a new PGA Superstore near us (well, 50 miles) that we usually go to that area once every 2 weeks. They have hitting bays with swing analyzer or play a virtual round, that you can rent for $30/hr. To me, that's a great price. Also, you can select used clubs to try or the other...
  6. bulls9999

Lawn Care Thread

A couple of times I got caught where I put down fescue seed in my perimeter areas under trees (here in Oklahoma, Bermuda grass won't grow in shaded tree areas) and our lawn care guys came the next day and sprayed pre-emergent. Nice going guys, you had to be blind not to see the grass seed...
  7. bulls9999

The Match - Rory, Lexi, Max and Rose

The silliest thing was all during and through "The Match" they were trying to make this thing out like it's 'child-friendly', a place where your kids could come to play golf, etc.... and yet when I looked up tee times and greens fees, they were $230/person o_O. Maybe they have discount pricing...
  8. bulls9999

Tour Event LIV Mayakoba 2024 Feb 2-4

Uhm, I thought 'team' winnings is not completely doled out to the players as it was in the first couple of years, but a large portion is now kept by the captain (or LIV) for administrative purposes of team activities or payment to get new/replaced members...
  9. bulls9999

Tour Event LIV Mayakoba 2024 Feb 2-4

He's dead last today I believe.
  10. bulls9999

Thinking of moving to a "more forgiving iron. Thoughts of the masses

I've since learned that the original Paradym's are forged faces while the new Paradym Smoke are cast and that's why the price difference?
  11. bulls9999

Thinking of moving to a "more forgiving iron. Thoughts of the masses

Is there any reason why the new Paradym Smoke irons are retailing at 30% less than the older Paradym model? ($999 vs $1,499). Usually, the older model/version gets discounted relative to the newer model, but this is the other way around?
  12. bulls9999

How do I figure out what I'm worth or what to ask for in job interviews or annual reviews?

I recall a luncheon on St. Patrick's day of our R&D Microbiology/Biochem department in a Fortune 100 company. I was just a technician at the time but had befriended numerous PhD's in our department, always wanting to learn new methods/techniques (a few years later, I left the company to start...
  13. bulls9999

How long do you go between haircuts? who does it for you?

Same here.... probably every 2-2.5 months. I start clipping my own head with shears (#4 or #5) to start and then have my wife go over to make sure I didn't miss anything and then she does my neck and over the ears.
  14. bulls9999

Back to Palm Springs

Enjoy, When we went in March earlier this year is was cold and rainy, ugh. People in Palm Springs pointed to some mountains and said they've never seen snow up there. But we played: 1) Terra Lago North - ehh, didn't like it. 2) Greg Norman Course (very forgiving; they eliminated a lot of...
  15. bulls9999

What does a PGA/DPWT/LIV 'merged' tour look like?

The problem with the "elevated events" is that there is no cut (I believe), and lower ranking players have rightly suggested that once you get into that elevated group, it's hard to be displaced. How do you gain enough points in the typical PGA/DP events if the higher ranking players are...
  16. bulls9999

Hmmm, if that were the case (1 World Tour), then you would have to eliminate more than half of the current total membership of mostly PGAT/DPWT ???? I find that hard to justify (to the majority of the memberships). The current PGAT has a fall-back system of sponsors' exemptions (PGA Tour), if...
  17. bulls9999

So that will blow LIV's "fewer tournaments and more time for players" if they have to play the 14? LIV tournaments (if they want their teams to succeed) + some PGAT elevated tournaments, then majors if they get in, unless the playing in PGAT events is voluntary/optional, although they may feel...
  18. bulls9999

Well, could you not let PGAT/DPWT players into LIV tournaments as competitors in the individual competition, but still have LIV teams competing separately as a separate competition? That way the LIV team competition goes on undisturbed within the overall LIV tournament? (18 holes with 4...
  19. bulls9999

Just curious, and will withold my dislike of LIV from the conversation, but I'm trying to figure out what a 'merged' or some semblance of a 'coming together' of these tours can possibly look like? The hardest part (for me) to envision is that if you allow LIV players to participate in PGA/DPWT...
  20. bulls9999

UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I had F3 65 Recoils in my previous set and then got the F3 75 Dart Recoils in my Rogue ST Pro's and have loved them ever since.
Back