Search results for query: *

1. Slammin'SAM

Tiger Tracker

What happened to Tiger Tracker on Twitter? He always follows Tiger when he plays and posts every shot and much more - not there this week. Anyone know?
  2. Slammin'SAM

October Masters

Here is what our local weekly has to say... http://metrospirit.com/an-october-masters/?fbclid=IwAR1oKuAs0j-A5LVhT7I41AH32W5jsXjpls0-x4f83Pp8wmh5lAyqoWvC24M
  3. Slammin'SAM

Coronavirus and the Masters

The big week is about a month away, and there is some talk around here that the Masters could be cancelled due to the coronavirus threat. I seriously doubt that outcome, but just the fact it is being discussed raises concern. I won two DCP tickets in the lottery, the only Masters event I have...
  4. Slammin'SAM

Maybe a dumb question?

This may seem like an obvious answer question, but I really don't know that answer. When a manufacturer sells iron sets available in both steel and graphite shafts, do they use identical clubheads, or are the heads weighted differently for each shaft material?
  5. Slammin'SAM

Insurance advice wanted

This could really go in the Rant thread. Last Wednesday a thunderstorm popped up like right over our house, and a few minutes into the storm, BOOM - lightning hit in our yard. It hit close enough to fry several things in our house, but funny how random the items fried were. It got our...
  6. Slammin'SAM

Kudos to Scott Parel

Congratulations to Scott Parel, who has taken an awful long path to his current success, for his win last weekend on the Champions Tour. Scott grew up in Augusta and was a member at Goshen Plantation, the same course that produced Vaughn Taylor. I knew Scott from his teenage years, never close...
  7. Slammin'SAM

Fart tales

I posted this in another thread, but then decided this might make a pretty funny thread on its own - so here are a couple of my fart stories, and I hope THP'ers will contribute theirs. Once Mrs SAM and I were in a shoe outlet at Hilton Head, the only customers in the store. My wife was a...
  8. Slammin'SAM

Second hip replacement

I had my right hip replaced three years back, and it was a total success. Then nearly a year ago the left one started going to pot. Last Tuesday was the big day, with the same surgeon and hospital, and now I am doubly bionic. I just looked back at the posts I made after that first surgery, to...
  9. Slammin'SAM

Masters stories

For those that have been to the Augusta National for a Masters practice or tournament round, I would love to have you share your stories of cool or interesting things you saw or that happened there. I am sure I have been to at least 50 practice or tournament rounds (lived here since 1977), so I...
  10. Slammin'SAM

Costco's Kirkland golf ball

Costco has entered the ball market with a new 4-piece ball that it claims as pro quality. Has anyone yet purchased and gamed this ball? Or does anyone know more about it than is shown on Costco's website? If their claim is accurate these would seem to be ProV1 equivalent balls at a $15/dozen...
  11. Slammin'SAM

Titleist Test Balls

Like many of you, I got a 6 pack of Titleist sample balls, with geometric designs for logos. In past years Titleist always sent me ProV1's to test, so I assume these geometric logos are Prov1 and ProV1x. I have not gotten to play them yet, but will in two weeks. Can anyone who got them tell me...
  12. Slammin'SAM

Double Vision

No, not the album! I was driving home from work a week ago, when I noticed a curiosity - the road signs on the right side of the road were becoming two signs as I approached and passed them. I began paying attention to this phenomenon, and sure enough all objects to my right were doing this...
  13. Slammin'SAM

New hip sees first golf action

Finally, after 32 months away from the game of golf, I teed it up and played Saturday. My good pal is up from Tampa for his annual stint as a volunteer at the Masters, and we renewed our rivalry Saturday. We played our old home course Gordon Lakes, where I was club champion 10 times and he was...
  14. Slammin'SAM

YAY! I am back!

Sunday a week ago my desktop computer was sitting on CBSSportsline following NFL football scores, when a series of boxes started coming up "Microsoft Windows not responding". The hard drive had been making whiny noises for some time (months), especially when video was playing, but little did I...
  15. Slammin'SAM

First swings in two years

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=861961747149504&l=8716125569230749159 Today I went to the driving range, for my first swings since my total hip replacement July 15, and the first swings in virtually two years. My very first shot, with a SW, dropped 8 feet from the pin I took aim at. Every...
  16. Slammin'SAM

Blue Screen of Death

Scary words, eh? I experienced BSOD on Thursday on this desktop. I was searching appliance parts for a washing machine switch when things quit working, and the blue screen came up signifying Windows stopped working. I tried several restarts to no avail, then called the Geek Squad where I...
  17. Slammin'SAM

Ethical type question - please weigh in

I live in a cul-de-sac, the first house in a court. My neighbor has a corner lot, so his back yard borders my driveway. My wife parks her car in the driveway. Earlier this year the neighbors thankfully removed an unsightly overgrown diseased hedge that for over 25 years had separated our...
  18. Slammin'SAM

Finally the Deed is Done

Just over 2 years after I first started having hip problems, the deed is done! Last Tuesday I had THR (Total Hip Replacement) surgery and finally took the big step toward getting my life back. Part of that life will be golf, I hope, as I have not played golf since about Labor Day 2012. It took...
  19. Slammin'SAM

1000 Posts!

Well, it has taken me about 4 and 1/2 years to reach this milestone. Although I come to the site virtually every day and often several times a day and read many posts, I usually only post when I feel like I have something useful to add to a discussion - not much 'attaboy' or 'way-to-go' posts...
  20. Slammin'SAM

American Idol Season 13

A new season has begun, and let me be the first to say it is a breath of fresh air. The new season has brought us a judging panel that is there to entertain and be entertained, rather than to constantly clash egos. Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. are excellent panelists, and Jennifer Lopez...
Back