Search results for query: *

1. mtiger10

FS: Callaway XHot irons True Temper XP95

For sale: Callaway XHot irons 4-PW, SW (8 clubs total) with True Temper XP95 S300 shafts and Golf Pride grips, not looking for trades, $225 shipped to CONUSA. I accept Paypal, will ship next day. Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  2. mtiger10

WTB: iron heads for winter club building project

Years ago, I tinkered with club building but eventually lost interest. I have acquired an extra set of iron shafts & grips so I thought about tackling a winter club building project. Just looking for a backup set of irons to my Callaway X-Hots. Instead of buying component club heads online, I...
  3. mtiger10

Question for Samsung Galaxy owners

Had my galaxy s4 for several years, best phone I've ever owned but time to upgrade. Pondering S5, S6, or S6 edge. For owners, do you use case? what type? Love the sleek look of S6 edge but worried that case will cover it up. Other general benefits of models I'm considering? Thanks THP...
  4. mtiger10

Reshafting Callaway x hot irons - question about hosel

Any THPers ever reshafted a set of Callaway XHot irons? There is a small black piece near bottom of hosel (see pics), does it have to be replaced like ferrules? Strictly cosmetic? When heating the hosel to pull shafts, did you notice any adverse effects?
  5. mtiger10

Decision time: reshaft current irons or new build?

I need some advice: I was fortunate enough to win a set of shafts of my choosing. I only get to play monthly so my current iron set with stock shafts has served me well. If I choose to reshaft, will I have to cut off and replace grips? Expense of reshafting iron set? Premium new shafts huge...
  6. mtiger10

Pay it Forward? Prizes for elementary after-school golf club

Hey THP community, I'm posting in this forum because I know admins have to approve so feel free to move or delete if inappropriate. I've been around THP long enough to know that generosity and good will abound so that's why I'm making this request. How many times do golfers receive a "tee...
  7. mtiger10

FS: Brand new Callaway golf pants size 32x32 for $25 shipped

I have a brand new pair of Callaway golf pants, size 32x32 with "silver lining" tags still on them. Retail for $60-80 but they are just too long for me. Will take $25 for them, USPS to ConUS
  8. mtiger10

FS: Sun Mountain Swift X stand bag, ultra light, carry bag, excellent condition

I would like to sell my Sun Mountain Swift X stand bag, color is yellow/black, this bag is ultra light, makes great carry bag. Excellent condition with no holes or stains. Just a few of many features: padded dual strap system water bottle holder velour or fleece lined valuables pocket rain hood...
  9. mtiger10

Phil switches putters?

I thought I saw a teaser yesterday that said Mickelson switched putters/switched grips but I can't seem to locate the article??!!
  10. mtiger10

Bend in elbows in putting stance?

Just curious about proper putting setup- do your arms hang loosely when you grip the club or do you have a slight bend at the elbow? I am only 5'5" and currently use a 33 inch putter with my elbows slightly bent. Seems as though arms hanging loosely may promote more of a pendulum stroke but I...
  11. mtiger10

End of Daylight Saving Time puts a damper on golf

With the time change coming up this Sunday, I thought about how those afternoon 9 hole rounds are about to come to an end for me. One of the best things about working at a school is getting out to the course by 4:00 in the afternoon but now it will be dark before 5:00. :angry::angry:
  12. mtiger10

Optimum launch angle?

I've done several searches about launch angles but I can't seem to find the answer to this question: What is the optimum launch angle for a driver? 7 iron? Those are the clubs that I normally hit when I'm at a demo days or trying new equipment. I know that spin rate also figures into total...
  13. mtiger10

College Football Conference Expansion Thread

Since THP has members all across the country, I thought we could discuss all the different college football conference expansion rumors/changes here in one thread. The next few weeks and months could get very interesting for all college football fans. I'll start with the SEC since that's where...
  14. mtiger10

Fubuki K-Series Shaft Giveaway by Mitsubishi and Golf Digest

Mitsubishi Fubuki K-Series high performance shaft will be released in October 2011 but Golf Digest is giving one away here
  15. mtiger10

Best training aid I own is my golf towel

Over the last 5 years, I've purchased and tried several swing trainers and training aids- the momentus power hitter, "inside approach" training aid, and a weighted swing trainer. I've had mixed results with those but the one thing I keep coming back to is this: placing a golf towel across my...
  16. mtiger10

Anybody make a better "hybrid iron set" than Adams?

I have been following the Adams A12OS review thread closely and I've done several searches trying to find comparisons of "hybrid iron sets." I'm sure some of the mid/high handicappers on THP play a hybrid iron set. I'm thinking of switching to this type and, quite honestly, so far I've only...
  17. mtiger10

Better off without a 3 wood?

If I have a reliable 18* 5 wood, should I even bother with carrying a 3 wood? My driver is 9.5* Nike VR str8-fit that I can hit 240 but I've struggled to find a 3 wood that I can hit with any consistency off the turf. I've been through several over the last few years (Callaway X-Hot, Cobra...
  18. mtiger10

Newbie from North Alabama

Just found this site today. Can't wait to read equipment reviews. I seem to change clubs more often than my playing buddies yet I'm still using a 2008 iron set (looking to udgrade)!!:act-up:
Back