Search results for query: *

1. L

My first 18 holes in 2016: the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Just finished my first 18 holes this year (split into 9 hole rounds on Sunday and today). Here's how things went down: The good The sound of my new Callaway XR OS irons My feet at the end today's 9 (kudos to the new footjoy hyperflex shoes I'm wearing) The 11 shot improvement over the first 9...
  2. L

Android Smartphone GPS Apps

I finally joined the 21st century last October and bought a smartphone, and I am now looking for a free/inexpensive GPS app that will give distances to centre of the green and fairway hazards. I'm not too interested in the other features that many of these apps have. Stats, Score-keeping...
  3. L

General Inquiry About Driver Shafts Suitable For Low Swing Speed Slicers

I've been doing some internet research about driver shaft fitting and reading through many many threads here on THP and I'm still a bit confused about a few things: It looks like the prevailing advice for golfers with low swing speeds (let's say 75-85 MPH) and a tendency to slice is to go with...
  4. L

Plantar Fasciitis & Golf - Are Any THPers Dealing With This?

I have some persistent soreness in my feet (bottom of my soles and my heels) that gets noticeably worse if I spend more than 1/2 an hour standing. If I play a round of golf the pain is tolerable (riding a cart is a must), but gets MUCH worse when I try to stand up after resting for more than a...
  5. L

Another new THPer from Saskatchewan!

Greetings! I've been dabbling in golf on and off for 30 years, but for the past year or so I have been making an effort to become an actual golf player. I'm not quite there yet, but I detect some real improvement lately. I am one of those true oddball leftys who is actually right-handed...
Back