Search results for query: *

1. G

Black Friday, Thursday, and even Today!

I went to Best Buy tonight for ink cartidges and observed about 6 people already "camping out" for Thursday 12 am opening and 2 people for an "occupy" sit in. I can't figure out either group, why? One group to shop and another to "stop the shopping" and protest, what? Makes no sense to me.
  2. G

First Visit to Texas

I'm making my first visit to Texas on the 18th thru the 20th of November. I'm taking my daughter to visit the campus at SMU on Friday and she has an audition for thier dance program on the 19th, a perfect time for some golf as she has a good friend that will take care of her for that day. So I...
  3. G

Replacing Titleist 4175 stock shafts

I recently read a review on another site on Titleist 585 H hybrids. The reviewer stated that he replaced the shafts with a UST Proforce V2 shaft and got a slightly higher ball flight on his 17* and 21*. I've looked at the replacement chart and don't see the UST"s listed. I currently own a 19*...
  4. G

Hitting off the deck

I've been playing a long time and have always been troubled by being unable to hit a 3 wood of any kind off the "deck" consistently. I have a Titleist910F and it's set up for a slight draw and the loft is +.75 making it almost 16*. I have an older model TM V-Steel 16.5* 4 wood. I'd like to...
  5. G

What were your FIRST set of clubs?

Hope this thread isn't in the archive, here goes. What were your first set of clubs? Everyone had to have a "first" set; or you couldn't have been called a beginner. I remember my first set of golf clubs (my Irish Granny called them "golfing sticks) and I have her to thank for my first golf...
  6. G

Hello from a transplanted CHEESEHEAD

I'm new to this site and apologize for not saying hello before I started answering posts here. I'm retired USN cpo and retired from golf course maintenence as well. I live in Midlothian Virginia with my wife and youngest (and last) daughter. I was born and raised in SE Wisconsin (Waukesha)...
Back