Search results for query: *

1. Sean

RBC versus Corales Puntacana

Both are being played this week. The RBC is a signature event, versus the opposite field CP. The winner of the Corales Puntacana receives 300 FedEx Cup points, versus 700 FedEx Cup points for the winner of the RBC. The winner at the PC receives $720,000. The winner of the RBC receives $3.6...
  2. Sean

Describe Your Golf Game With A Song Title

Runnin' Down a Dream – Tom Petty
  3. Sean

Jman, Hawk, and Ddec

@Jman @Hawk @ddec You gentleman test a lot of equipment and I was wondering if your bag is fluid, or do you have a set you use exclusively when you are playing?
  4. Sean

Kangaroos

We have a geese problem, apparently they have a different problem in Melbourne, Australia
  5. Sean

Windshield Wiper Blades

I was looking to buy new WWB's and was very surprised at the prices for a decent pair. I did some research and found a way to "reclaim" my current wiper blades: take a dry cloth, spray a portion of it with WD-40, and clean the blades. So far it has worked very well. So, if you're in the market...
  6. Sean

Short Game

@CrashTestDummy's* thread on PGA Tour player versus a scratch golfer's stats got me thinking. For example, I'm currently a 16.5 HI, and over the past two seasons have averaged 29.6 putts per round. That said, I don't hit a lot of greens, but do get up and down a lot (around 60% of the time).**...
  7. Sean

Are LPGA Courses Too Long?

I watch a lot of golf, including the LPGA Tour. One thing I've noticed is that unlike the PGAT, you see the women hitting hybrids and sometimes fairway woods into par 4's/3's with much more frequency than the men. In addition, while most par 5's can be reached in two on the PGAT, such is not the...
  8. Sean

Speaking of Winter, For Those Who Can't Post Scores...

...do you use old clubs during winter? I use old wedges and a driver. If I had a complete set I would replace all of my clubs during the off season.
  9. Sean

Where Do You Store Your Golf Balls?

I always keep mine in the house. I was doing a search and ran across this article, which seems to indicate that storing golf balls in the house is the way to go. https://mygolfspy.com/labs/hot-versus-cold-golf-balls/
  10. Sean

Do Use a Different Ball in the Off Season?

Since I can't post scores, I'll use different golf balls in the off season. Off season rounds are more like practice anyway. In addition, I keep two golf balls in my pocket and rotate them each hole. I don't know if keeping them warm helps, but I figure it can't hurt.
  11. Sean

We Play the Same Golf Ball as the Professionals

...at least as far as the Titleist ProV is concerned. I was invited to attend a visit to Titliest's Ball Plant #3. Michael Breed and Greg Ducharme were there. It was interesting to see how golf balls are manufactured as well as how much Titleist dedicates the process to quality control...
  12. Sean

Billy Horschel

This thread probably won't get much traction, but I've noticed BH has been playing quite a few DP World Tour events. Since early September he has played in four events (currently playing Alfred Dunhill Cup). I was just wondering why he's doing so.
  13. Sean

How Many of You Have Had a Putter Fitting?

...and if you did, are you still using the same putter? I was fit for my putter in 2016 and I am still using it.
  14. Sean

Taylormade R7 CGB Max Driver

I had a bunch of shop credit I needed to use and since I didn't need a golf bag, clothes, balls, etc., I decided to get fit for a new driver. My Epic Flash was over four years old and I figured, why not? Did I really need a new driver? Probably not, but the last time I was fit for a driver was...
  15. Sean

What is the Longest Iron in You Are Comfortable Hitting?

The longest iron in my bag is a 7-iron, which has the same loft as my old 5-iron. At 68, I don't have the CHS to hit today's longer irons. What is the longest iron you are comfortable hitting?
  16. Sean

This is a First

I find a lot of golf balls on my home course, given it's littered with hazards. I thought I have seen every golf ball manufactured but this is a first:
  17. Sean

What's The Point of Using a Premium Ball...

...unless you have fresh grooves on your wedges? I have found that with new wedges, you can really get the ball to dance around the greens, which is great because you can be a bit more aggressive, knowing your ball won't trundle 15-20 feet past the hole. Whether it's a chip, pitch, or full...
  18. Sean

How Many Different Courses Do You Play?

I've only played one different golf course this season. My club charges $275 a month for unlimited golf, along with a whole host of other amenities (grass range, covered/heated bays, Top Tracer Range, a grass pitching range, use of the gym, a 9 hole short course, and practice putting greens)...
  19. Sean

Anyone Else Have a Swing Weight Issue?

I am 6'5" with relatively short arms, as a result my irons and wedges are +2-inches. Even though I have a lightweight shaft (F3 Recoil 660's), the swing weight is E3**. I got curious and did a little research: D0-D1 is the SW for most male recreational golfers, and D4 for players like McIlroy...
  20. Sean

Cool Story

With the blessing of Erik van Rooyen, his caddie Alex Gaugert, played in the 3M Monday qualifier yesterday, and shot a 65 to get into the 3M field this week. In an interview on PGA Tour radio today, he said he only plays a few times a month. What's even more interesting is he is being paired...
Back