Search results for query: *

1. v3.0

Lower back pain. Please prescribe me some good OTC pills.

My lower back is painfull when I stand over the ball, in full swing address and putting address positions. It isn't horrible, but it certainly isn't helping me! I have 3 more rounds to play this week, and while I am not much of a pill-popper, I would like to try some pills (from the drugstore or...
  2. v3.0

Hoop in one!

I haven't seen this posted yet (if it was posted here already, go ahead and delete the thread). Nice little feel-shot! :banana: QpmBaP9dEkw
  3. v3.0

What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today

I am stealing this thread idea from a golf-forum I hardly ever visit anymore. I am surprised there's nothing like it here already (at least I haven't found it), because I get the impression that there is quite a bit of golf-shopping going on among the membership here! :banana: The question is...
  4. v3.0

Low golf-shoes.

I am in the market for a new pair of golf-shoes. I have a question for the shoe-experts here: What brand of golf shoes has the feet (especially heels) sitting lowest to the ground? Or, in other words, what brand of golf-shoes has the thinnest soles? The above is all I would like an answer...
  5. v3.0

Google Maps - Streetview - for Golf Courses

A couple of weeks ago I saw some news on the web that Google Maps Streetview was coming to the ski-slopes. This probably had something to do with the Winter Olympics, I didn't check it out... ...but I was thinking how cool it would be if they would do it for golf courses. I remembered this...
  6. v3.0

Practice swing....

Dear THP Pro: Do you recommend taking a practice swing before every shot? I would like to hear your 'general' answer first. I will explain the specifics of why I am asking this afterwards! I hope that's OK. If not, let me know. Thanks in advance, v3.0
  7. v3.0

What have you swung?

I practice my swing even when there are no golf-clubs around: Am I the only one who has swung umbrellas, plungers, wrenches, pipes, candles, shower rods, whiteboard markers, beer bottles etc. etc. etc.... ...... I could easily get to 100, but instead I would like to find out from you: What...
  8. v3.0

Have you ever played a par-2 course?

I have, while vacationing: http://www.missionpoint.com/greens.html The 'course' consists of 18 greens, with tee-markers placed on the greens, from between/behind which to hit the first putt. My wife opened with a birdie (i.e. hole in one :banana:)! I kept par going for quite a while on the...
  9. v3.0

I have had my golf-bag for 7 years now.......

I have had my golf-bag for 7 years now....... ..... and it seems that I am still discovering new features on it every time I go out and play a round! My latest discovery was a little strap to prevent the unfolding of the legs (it is a stand-bag), for when I use a cart! It would seem that...
  10. v3.0

Ratty looking lead-tape strips.

I use lead-tape strips (the pre-cut type) on the back of a couple of my wedges, and one of my putters. After as little as one round with them, they look beaten up, damaged, ugly, somewhat 'shifted' and whatnot, caused by my clubs rattling around in the bag. If anyone has come up with a...
  11. v3.0

'New' sticks: Ben Hogan Edge CFT!

I am excited. I ordered some new irons yesterday!:banana: After beating around some 30-yo Wilson blades, and 20-yo Wilson channel-backs for a few years, I have decided to move my bag into the current millennium. I bought a game-improvement set. Not the latest technology, mind you, but still...
  12. v3.0

Robbery at the Range (+ other crimes!)

Most driving ranges in my area have a choice of mats and grass tees. Most of them charge an extra dollar for hitting of the grass. Fair enough right? It is just $1 after all! Unfortunately, most of the time when I get to the grass my first thought is: I am paying an extra dollar for THIS (insert...
  13. v3.0

Checking in from New England!

Howdie! I have been lurking a while, and have finally decided to jump in. This sure looks like a fine place to hang out! A bit more commercially oriented than the forums I am used to, and more professionally run also. (That was not a criticism, just an observation.) I am a 42-yo male golf-nut...
Back