Search results for query: *

1. JF

Peace Corps

Has anyone here ever served in the Peace Corps? If so please PM me just to talk. I want to serve after college and am looking for some real life stories. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  2. JF

Ask a Best Buy Employee

Best Buy employee here. I'll answer any questions in this thread. Disclaimer: I will not give out wholesale pricing or trade secrets.
  3. JF

FS: Set of ten (10) brand new PURE Old School Wrap grips

Title says it all. Ten of the old school wraps, brand new. Retail is $7.99 ea. I'm looking for $45 shipped for all of em. Not interested in trades or splitting up the set, paypal only please. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  4. JF

Limited Edition THP Putter Covers Galore!

I'm giving away all three of my limited edition THP Putter covers. I don't use them and I feel they'd be better used on someone's putter rather than on my display rack that only I look at. On the honor system here, please only go for one if you do not own that specific one! All three are brand...
  5. JF

I soloed a glider today!

These past two weeks, I've been out at one of our smaller airports flying gliders (taken a few flights powered as well) with the goal of soloing, and eventually earning my license. Today, it all paid off. On my seventh hop of the day (26th overall in a glider), I went up by myself and flew for...
  6. JF

WTB: Oakley Sunglasses

Looking to buy a pair of Oakley sunglasses, hoping someone has a pair laying around they don't wear anymore. Lenses must be good, no scratches. Don't need to be polarized, black lenses preferred but can do blue also. Looking for a sporty kind (Jackets, Gascan, etc...). Don't want to spend more...
  7. JF

Which tour?

Assume you make the same amount of money regardless of which tour. Would you rather shine atop the Web.com tour or struggle on the PGA tour? THPing on Tapatalk
  8. JF

Help with some collector's coins

I have this set of about 40 bronze coins electroplated with 24kt gold. They all have an image of a famous sculpture on one side and the artist and year on the other side. I bought them at a garage sale back in middle school when I was really into art. Does anyone who knows about this kind if...
  9. JF

Arcade Games

So who else loves some good arcade games? Lately I've gotten quite into them and have racked local high scores of all these: Ghost Squad - so much fun... Best shooter out there, so realistic as well. Big Buck Hunting - I'm not a hunter, but I do enjoy shooting crazy animals. Golden Tee - self...
  10. JF

TaylorMade Proto X Golf Ball

Found a TaylorMade ball labeled 'Proto X' on the course yesterday. Google yielded no information for me. Anyone know what ball this would be a prototype of or if it was a ball that didn't make it to production? Would be a really awesome piece if it was in better shape. THPing on Tapatalk
  11. JF

A Putter Refinish Gone Horribly Wrong

It all started as a simple putter refinish on an old putter I was messing around with. The goal was to chop off the plumber's neck, drill a new hole straight in for the shaft, black oxide the head, and clear coat it. When the black oxide part came, I soon discovered that the putter was made of...
  12. JF

Judging a Club's Condition

I'm trying to figure out how to be a better judge of the condition of a golf club, but it's so hard to figure out how to judge condition. The worst I have ever seen described was a "6" for a wedge that had next to nothing left for grooves. What would a "3" be? Half the head snapped off and a...
  13. JF

Member at one club - where would you choose?

You can be a member at one club, anywhere in the world, any cost, any circumstances, but only one. The condition is that you can't "use your pro" to get you access to other prestigious clubs, so choose wisely. I personally am going with Cypress Point. To me there is no better blend of scenery...
  14. JF

Rain Gear

Looking for the best rain gear I can get for a good price. No real price range in mind, but I don't want it to be too expensive. Needs to be high quality (no 2010 Ryder Cup crap happening to me) and not ridiculous in cost. Really just need the jacket and pants, I already have waterproof shoes. I...
  15. JF

Free: Pair of Hats

First person to tell me a funny joke about hats in this thread will have a brand new pair of hats heading their way. One is the Callaway mustard color tour hat and the other is a TaylorMade R11 hat. Both are a bit old but still awesome hats. With my THP hats and collection of newer OEM hats, I...
  16. JF

Choose your yardages

You get $2500 to build your bag exactly how you want to. We'll call it a generic set, no brand name bias or anything will be included. You can build your bag any way you want to. Bag must total 14 clubs. You can choose how many yards you hit each club, and each yard costs you $1. For the putter...
  17. JF

Where do you look when you swing?

The magic of where your eyes are had a tremendous effect on me today. A while back, I read in Golf Digest that it works very well to look four inches in front of and four inches farther away from you than the ball. It helps bottom the swing out in front of the ball and promotes an in to out...
  18. JF

The College Thread

College is coming up fast for me and I'm gonna have a bazillion questions to ask. Plenty of THPers are in college or recently graduated so I can't think of somewhere better to turn to for help. I just got back from a visit to U of Michigan and it is on the top of my list. My chances of getting...
  19. JF

WTB: THP Headcover

Looking for any and all THP headcovers 2011 and before (anything before the Citrus cover). Let me know what you have!
  20. JF

FS: New RBZ Tour 3 Wood w/ Project X 8C4

The Adams is gonna be my gamer, so this has to go. Never been hit, absolutely perfect condition. Loft is 14.5 degrees. Shaft is a PX 8C4 which is 80 grams and stiff flex. Includes head cover. Looking for $135 shipped (or best offer). Not looking for any trades at the moment. THPing on...
Back