Search results for query: *

1. roswellj

Getting back into it!

I'm back on the forum! After some years away from golf chasing other sports I'm back, older, slower and generally more sore. When I left back in 2015 I was down to a 14 handicap, just got handicapped again at 30.5 and shooting low 100's. Looking forward to that journey of seeing my scores go...
  2. roswellj

Show off your boat!

Surely some fellow hackers share my love of the water! We have a 4metre aluminium stacer with a 30hp merc on the back that I have taken places a boat that size has no right to be. We go fishing, camping, exploring and relaxing in it. Hoping that some people have some boats I can ogle at!
  3. roswellj

Upgrading from sgi to gi irons

So I'm looking to upgrade from my Wilson di11's to more of a gi iron. I really haven't kept up to date with the latest and greatest for the last two years but I'm looking for something more workable. I very very rarely misshit my irons anymore but these irons are hard to shape without a very...
  4. roswellj

The relationship between swing speed and power

So this is a question I've been thinking about lately. I'm not a tall person and I don't have a fast swing speed, it would be average I think. I've been getting heaps of lessons lately and my instructor has mentioned that I generate a lot of power through my swing. I quizzed him about it but...
  5. roswellj

Re-checking in

So I've been pretty much gone for a little over 12 months. I had a big move and a big career change and, well, I just lost a lot of personal time, didn't have the time to really enjoy playing so I didn't!...... buuuuut I'm back again with a new found passion for it over the last few weeks so...
  6. roswellj

Back again!

Well I've been gone from THP for about 5 months which is about the same time I haven't played golf properly. In fact I've been away from life for that long. Some of you may remember I did a big charity thing in July. It was a huge success. We raised $25000 for leukaemia research in the process...
  7. roswellj

Need a rule clarification

So I went out to play today. On the third hole my ball was in thick rough but sitting on top. I needed to play a flop shot to get over a bunker and get near a tight pin position. I swung and had my weight all wrong and the club went straight under the ball HOWEVER the ball did not move. Was...
  8. roswellj

Casey Stoner quits moto gp

Just caught on the news that Casey is leaving the sport at the end of the year. I understand his intentions given he has his first born only a few months ago but its a sad day for moto gp given the talent the kid has.
  9. roswellj

Ever Shot a 66?

Just had this come through my inbox. I don't know whether it has been brought up here before or not but back in the 80's someone tried to find the worst avid golfer by sending 4 horrible golfers out at Sawgrass. One of the poor guys shot a 66 on one hole, the 17th. There is a video up on youtube...
  10. roswellj

Stretching before playing

I'm hoping you can help me out here. I understand the importance of warming up and stretching before engaging in any activity. I will always warm up with nice soft swings into a net before playing a round just to get that blood flowing and those muscles loose. My problem is the last few months I...
  11. roswellj

Experience with cheap rangefinders

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with some of the cheap range finders available on eBay. I've been looking at something like this...
  12. roswellj

Formula 1 2012

Any other rev heads out there? On my way home from F1 qualifying here in Melbourne. Going to the race tomorrow. Was completely insane. Alonso out in Q2. One lotus at P17 the other at P3 and RedBull on the third row of the grid. F1 has been flipped on it's head and I like it. Personally I'm a...
  13. roswellj

Corey's Cruise for a Cure

I wanted to share something with you guys. I've been active on plenty of internet forums in my time but this is the first one where I have felt part of the community, almost as though members are family and friends so Last year my mum's partners son passed away from Leukaemia, he was only 24...
  14. roswellj

Looking for a new Stand Bag

Well I have a cart bag and a couple of staff bags but I want a stand bag so I can strap it onto the back of my motorbike and just head to whatever course I want without having to worry about bringing a push cart as well. I'm really not up to speed on what the latest and greatest bags are and...
  15. roswellj

Senna

I just spent the afternoon watching the movie Senna. It's about the life and untimely death of the late great Ayerton Senna. Just thought I would throw a recommendation out there for any motorsport fans to watch it if you get a chance, was fantastic.
  16. roswellj

How do you come back from an absolute shocker?

I went and played 18 today. When I got to the course I was feeling really good, the last round I played I broke 80 for the first time in a very long time. My confidence was through the roof. I had a few warm up swings in the nets and felt really good. Went to the first hole, a par 5 and bogied...
  17. roswellj

Etiquette when calling someone through

Today I went and played 9 holes at a course that isn't local to me. Most of the time at my local course when I play it is pretty quiet and I rarely come up behind any playing groups and when I do I normally know them off the golf course. So today it was mildly busy and I was playing by myself. I...
  18. roswellj

What makes you decide to change clubs?

I'm faced with this question at the moment. My current hybrid is a Callaway Heavenwood that is a couple of years old. It is still in fantastic condition and I hit it really well. I always know that I'm going to hit the ball well when I pick it up. My dilemma is I just had a hit of the burner 2.0...
  19. roswellj

Swing trouble

Since taking golf back up I have realized that my swing is a cause for concern. I have mostly rectified my swing issues. I have noticed something strange lately though. I have realized through experimenting that I am getting more distance and greater accuracy with my 4-6 iron through only...
  20. roswellj

Hi from the Land Down Under

Hi Everyone. I've just joined up on THP after spending the last couple of weeks reading up on forums about golfing etc. I found that THP is the most informative and well rounded golf forum on the internet. I've joined a couple of others online too but I think this will be the one I read and...
Back