Search results for query: *

1. dustklose

2017 Secret Holiday Gift Swap

Oh boy... I'm speechless. Honestly, I came here to make this huge post about everything but I don't know what to say. THANK YOU to my secret santa. This gift goes way WAY above and beyond anything I could have expected. The yeti, and Vice balls are both awesome gifts, but the handcrafted bag...
  2. dustklose

Getting Married in 2 Days

Well guys, the time is finally here. Not many of you may know this(unless you've seen me mention it in some of my posts), but I am getting married this Saturday, May 6th. I have been with my beautiful bride-to-be for just over 3 years. In that time she has got me to join Tae Kwon Do, and i...
  3. dustklose

Returning... again

Hey all, I've been out of the game for a season or 2... life. However, recently I picked up a driver at a Scheels All Sports, and swung it on their simulator... It felt good... and i realized what I had been missing these past few years off. Took my Fiance to the golf course driving range...
  4. dustklose

FS: Cobra Bio Cell Driver Head(and shaft adapter), Cleveland Classic 270 head

Hey y'all... Unfortunately, for me work has cut back on hours, and some of the excess money I had lined up for golf has disappeared. I figured that I would try to sell a few heads I have laying around if there was any interest. Up first is a BRAND new Cobra BiO Cell Driver head, in blue. I...
  5. dustklose

FS: Miyazaki C. Kua Hybrid 83R shaft.

I just picked up a barely used Cleveland Mashie TM4. The TM has been my favorite 3 hybrid so I picked up the 4 as well. Unfortunately, this came with a R shaft instead of Stiff. So my loss is your gain. This is a phenomenal hybrid shaft, the 83 series was only available in the Tour version of...
  6. dustklose

NEW Grafalloy Hand Crafted Prototype shaft Designed by... Me

As some of you may know, Grafalloy had a facebook contest a few weeks back. They selected 12 people who 'liked' their page to receive a handmade prototype shaft designed with the colors of their choice. I was obviously selected as a winner, and while I am a die hard 'Cheesehead', purple is...
  7. dustklose

Accuracy/Distance with irons

This may be the wrong spot for this, so mods feel free to move it if it is. I am not asking for tips or anything so I didn't know where else to put this. I have always struggled with consistency in my iron game. From not being able to control fades/draws, to hitting thin/fat shots. I find that...
  8. dustklose

WTS/WTT: New dozen Bridestone B330-S

I bought a couple dozen 330-S this year as this has been my go-to ball as of late. On a whim I tried the Wilson Staff FG Tour X ball, and while durability was somewhat of an issue, for me the W/S was the better performer. I am looking to get 35$ shipped, or an even up trade if anyone has a box...
  9. dustklose

Finally starting lessons. Wish me luck.

I see people posting about their personal quest to improve their golf game. Now that I am about to start lessons, I figured what better place to record my results, frustrations and achievements than here on THP. About me: I have been self taught for the whopping 4 years that I have been...
  10. dustklose

Playing without a driver...

I have brought this up in the 'ask the pro' section, and have been trying to work this out on my own, but I figured that I would bring this to the rest of the THP world to get more opinions. My driver I hit about 235-250. My 17* 3Wood I hit about 235-245, and much more accurate. I am...
  11. dustklose

Cleveland Golf 588 Irons MB & CB

I didnt see a post for this, so if its a repeat I'm sorry. I noticed these on Clevelands website... Thoughts? http://yfrog.com/z/h0tvgsaj
  12. dustklose

Energy Drinks & Shots

I love energy drinks. Monster Java (Russian, or Irish Cream), or the Monster Zero (0 caleries, makes it "healthy right???)On lazy days I love a cup of coffee at home though. But I can't drink it black, or hot! Tons of ice and cream please!!The down side, and I probably shouldn't admit it, is...
  13. dustklose

my first tournament - 4 man scramble

I played in my first organized tournament yesterday. "The 24th Annual Wildcat Open". I joined as a single and got teamed up with my old elementary school principal, my dads coworker and some guy I don't know. We finished T-8 outta 20 teams in our division (13 and up handicap), shot a 66 on a par...
  14. dustklose

I'm back.

I was never a super active poster before. But I was a member. I stopped visiting the site last June when I broke my left ankle. Instead of perusing the forums, and teasing myself I decided to forget all things golf for a while. By the time I had the cast off it was really late in the season in...
  15. dustklose

trajectory question(irons)

Hey y'all. So I have a question about my iron trajectory. I got the CG7 BP's not to long ago, and had them fit with TT DG High Launch stiff shafts. I figured with my slower swingspeed I needed the extra hight on my irons. Well, my swing speed wasn't as slow as I thought it was(driver is 105-109...
  16. dustklose

Brother is starting golf

So after my taking him out golfing a month ago, my brother is hellbent on going out again. He wants to buy clubs, but with him being in school, doesn't have the funds for a brand new set. I already told him I would give him my Wilson Staff Di9 irons, but we are looking for a relatively cheap...
  17. dustklose

swing lag question

I have a question about lag in the swing. As I was playing my round today I noticed that I really swept the ball off the ground, I don't ever take much of a divot. I also noticed that my "divot" starts about an inch before the ball, and goes a few inches past the ball. So I thought I needed...
  18. dustklose

shaft weight question

I was wondering about shaft weight, primarily for the driver. I emailed a dew companies to find out about there shafts, some recommended a 60ish gram shaft, while UST recommended their 70ish gram shaft. What are the benefits of a heavier/lighter shaft? I understand you get more control with a...
  19. dustklose

Ball flight too high

Hey y'all. I have a question. I had my driver swing speed clocked at an average of 98.58, with a high of 100.81 a few weeks back. I currently have regular flex shafts in my driver, 3 wood, 3 and 4 hybrids. With stiff in my irons. My irons tend to fly really straight for the most part, when...
  20. dustklose

Goin out for the first time in '10

I got my first tee time for the year. March 27th, 12:05pm at Willow Run in Sioux Falls, SD. I am excited, it should be a 50* day out. Lets hope it actually gets that warm!
Back