Search results for query: *

1. BigTex

FS - Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang 35"

I have an O-Works V-Line Fang in virtually new like condition. It is 35" long with the original grip. Will let it go for $180 shipped. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. BigTex

New Bridgestone app

Bridgestone has a new ball fitting app you can download for free. The interesting thing about it is it gives you clubhead speed, ball speed, launch angle, and distance. So really you could use it as an inexpensive launch monitor. Only thing missing is spin rates. Sent from my iPhone using...
  3. BigTex

Recoil 110 or 125 in wedges

Been having elbow issues and about to put Recoil 95s in my irons, and also thinking about putting Recoils in my wedges. Thinking of putting the 110 in my gap wedge, and either a 110 or 125 in the 54 and 58. The 54 and 58 have 125 gram shafts in them now and so going to a heavier weight in them...
  4. BigTex

FS: Rogue 60 Stiff w/Callaway adapter

I have a Rogue 60 Stiff shaft that is in like new condition, with a new Golf Pride Multicompound midsize grip. The shaft has the Callaway dual cog adapter, and will fit the Big Bertha, XR, X2Hot, and Great Big Bertha. Plays to 45.5". Will let it go for $90 shipped. [/URL][/IMG]
  5. BigTex

Cutting down fairway wood shaft

I am going to try a little experiment and try and create a "fairbryd". Been trying to find a club I can use to get me home or at least closer on par 5s in 2. Right now, the longest club I feel comfortable hitting off the deck is my 3 hybrid. Tend to generally hit hybrids pretty well, but...
  6. BigTex

New Under Armour commercial

Really like the new Under Armour commercial. Features two of my favorite athletes, Misty Copeland and Jordan Speith. And yes, ballerinas are athletes, not to mention she has a great last name. Just hope they do not run it into the ground.
  7. BigTex

FS SeeMore M5w

I have a 35" SeeMore M5w (whistle offset shaft) for sale for $110 shipped. It is in good shape with a Mid Slim 2.0 grip. I would also consider trading for a Callaway PM grind 58/10 wedge. [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  8. BigTex

Drive, chip, and putt

Watching the kids in the Drive, Chip, and Putt competition is quickly becoming one of my favorite parts of The Masters week. Love watching the skill these kids have at such a young age. As the parent of a junior golfer I would bet there are some parents in need of some Xanax right now.
  9. BigTex

Using set Sand and Lob wedges

Started doing some research on wedges recently and made me question why no one uses the sand or lob wedges that are part of the iron sets. A lot of people including myself use the set Gap wedge but stop there. Even those of us that use GI and SGI iron sets to get the most forgiveness from our...
  10. BigTex

Pick up clubhead speed taking off your watch

Saw an interesting tweet today by a golf instructor named Andrew Rice. He did a Trackman study using a 6 handicap to test if the weight of his watch affected distance and clubhead speed. He did a test with a 6 handicap player using no watch, one three ounce watch, and two watches. There was a...
  11. BigTex

Bertha is in trouble

I have been so pleased with my X2 Hot 3Deep, thought I would demo an X2 Hot driver. The results on the monitor indicated I was generally longer and straighter with it than my Bertha. Took it to the range and seemed to be pretty much the same way, but hard to tell total distance. I took it on...
  12. BigTex

Golf course Bucket List

http://s1144.photobucket.com/user/dscope/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-6.jpg.html?filters[user]=125564545&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0Playing the first of the courses on my Bucket List of ones to play today. Here are most of the ones on my list. What are yours? 1) Torrey Pines 2) Pebble Beach...
  13. BigTex

The Greatest Game Ever Played

With the PGA in rain delay, went back and watched the rest of The Greatest Game Ever Played on GC. Always been a sucker for period pieces, especially those based on a true story, and seen this one several times. Never gets old, especially little Eddie and his quotes and enthusiasm. Love that...
  14. BigTex

Callaway Performance Center Fitting

We are going to be in SoCal in a couple of weeks. In addition to playing Torrey Pines, I thought about taking my daughter for a fitting for a 3 wood at the Callaway headquarters/performance center. Anyone done that? Is it worth it?
  15. BigTex

High school golf observations

First, want to congratulate my daughter's high school team for winning their district championship yesterday. She is a freshman playing varsity on a real good girls team, and they have been building toward this all year. She was thrilled to have one of the four scores used in the results...
  16. BigTex

TW 14 Mesh shoes

Saw these yesterday at PGA Superstore. Spikeless shoe similar to the regular TW 14s. May have to pick up a pair for the summer.
  17. BigTex

GPS watches

I am thinking about getting a golf GPS watch, and wondering what differences everyone has seen in the various brands and models. I can buy a Garmin S1 for $99 at Golfsmith this weekend in a grand opening event, but not sure if that is a good deal for the features it offers. Looks like it will...
  18. BigTex

Bertha showed up early

Look what the golf fairy brought me today! [/URL][/IMG]
  19. BigTex

Custom color Cobra Cell+

Anyone know if Cobra will paint one of their Bio Cell+ drivers in a color they have in their women's Bio Cells? My daughter went through a fitting last week and really hit the Cell+ very well. The only problem is there is an aqua blue color in the women's Cell drivers she wants. The men's bio...
  20. BigTex

Amp Cell versus Bio Cell Driver

I am contemplating trying a new driver and the Bio Cell was one of the ones at the top of my list. Best fit and finish of any driver out in the past couple of years, and been hearing good things about its launch and spin characteristics. I had a chance to hit one a few times on a launch...
Back