Search results for query: *

1. Steel President

A Friend In Need

Hello, THP world! One of my good friends, Erin, has been diagnosed with triple negative invasive breast cancer. That means the tumor doesn't respond to estrogen, progesterone or HER2. Just chemotherapy! Erin is very young to have to deal with this. And, my goodness, she's such a good person! A...
  2. Steel President

Woah..been a while!!!

Happy Holidays, my old THP friends! It has been such a long time since I've even logged in on the boards. Life has been busy and full of change. I hope all has been wonderful for those around here as well.
  3. Steel President

It's been so long..I feel like I need to check myself back in!

I miss THP! I've been so busy lately but golf season is fast approaching (despite the 10-day forecast obviously disagreeing with that statement). I need to get myself active around these parts again! I hope all is well and I look forward to becoming a part of the THP community yet again! As...
  4. Steel President

Hello again!

I disappeared for a while. Miss THP. Need to get back in the swing of things again. Hope all has been well with everyone here lately!
  5. Steel President

Is this bizarre/uncommon?

Alright, I switch grips depending on the shot. I use a baseball grip with my driver/woods off of the tee. However, I use an interlock on every other shot. Anyone else do this? I slice the hell out of tee shots if I use the interlock grip - I drill them with baseball. However, I strike my...
  6. Steel President

What Should I Do?

Alright, so I'm going to have to make a bit of decision in my life soon. Here's the scenario: I've all but been offered an opportunity to serve as a football graduate assistant at the University of Pittsburgh. Now, for those who are unfamiliar with football GA's, well, they're a highly, highly...
  7. Steel President

Anyone have experience with Foresight Golf?

http://www.foresightgolf.net/ I've always wanted to take lessons but just hesitate because of the price. I know I'd enjoy the game so much more and finally be able to add some consistency to my game. I most certainly love the game of golf far too much to keep putting lessons to the side...
  8. Steel President

THP Northeast Winter Gathering

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?38623-THP-Winter-Skiing-Boarding-Gathering Alright, I'm going to expand upon our discussions in this thread a bit and try to get some items finalized! I think sometime in February would work well for most. The weekend of the 16th or 23rd...
  9. Steel President

THP Winter Skiing/Boarding Gathering

So, I think a few of us have decided that it'd be really awesome to have a little winter gathering for us golf-starved THP'ers. We're approaching ski season here in the Northeast. I'm in. I also have a 'yes' from pmoa and dcbrad so far. We all agreed that sometime in January - after the...
  10. Steel President

Why can't this game always be this easy?

I've been struggling with my driver all year. Big time. Hook city..and then I started overcompensating and developed a slice. And then I lost it all again. But I've hit the range hardcore the last few days and it paid off big time tonight. I was lacing my drives and it led to one heck of a round...
  11. Steel President

A heavy heart

I should be on my way to Orlando right now to enjoy a weekend with some of the kindest people I've ever encountered. Instead, I'm shocked, stunned, and saddened to say that I lost my mother today. I lost my best friend, my inspiration in life, my rock. And I'm lost. I don't know what to do. I...
  12. Steel President

FS: Taylormade R9 460 (RH), Cleveland Mashie M1 (RH), Wilson Staff Fybrid (RH)

Alright, I'm looking to generate a little spending money for the THP outing so I want to see if I can move a few spare clubs that I have sitting around. I'm looking to move a Taylormade R9 460, a Cleveland Mashie M1 (purchased in January and only played for a few rounds), and a Wilson Staff 4I...
  13. Steel President

A definite first..

So, I was walking up #2 fairway, a par 5, this evening with my buddy and definitely saw something interesting. We were a good 225-230 yards from the green when we saw two teenagers run up from the woods, grab the flagstick, and take off back down the hill and into the woods. My buddy and I just...
  14. Steel President

Has anyone had their gallbladder removed?

So, I had to undergo a myriad of different tests the other day (sometimes I'm sluggish..get pains in my abdomen..didn't seem right for a 22 year old) and it turns out that I have an under performing gallbladder. I pretty much have two choices - I can either learn to manage it (identify which...
  15. Steel President

Five students shot at an Ohio high school

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/27/shooting-reported-at-ohio-high-school/?hpt=hp_t1 Why? Why??? Sickening.
  16. Steel President

FS: Nike VR Pro Wedges (56* Raw Oxide & 60* Satin Finish)

Alright, I came to acquire these beautiful wedges through my old job - don't really need them. I'm selling a raw oxide Nike VR 56/14 and a satin Nike VR 60/10. They're both in great shape - very minimal bag chatter, have only been swung a few times. Both wedges are equipped with the True Temper...
  17. Steel President

Would there be interest in a Western PA/Ohio/Maryland type of gathering?

I know we have an outing/gathering organized that is geared more conveniently toward the Eastern part of PA and the shore areas but I'm just curious if we'd have interest in putting something together for those of us further West? I'm still planning on attending the other outing but, heck, can...
  18. Steel President

Golf Club at La Quinta & Indian Wells, Celebrity Course

Our golf trip continued with a round at the Golf Club at La Quinta, home of the PGA's LG Skins Game from 2003-2006. It was another really cool course, incorporating a lot of water and tight spots. The design was challenging and it was fun to read about the experiences that the professionals had...
  19. Steel President

Oak Creek, CA & Shadow Ridge, CA

My brother and I started off our little golf trip with a trip to Orange County to tackle the Tom Fazio designed Oak Creek. We both thought it was just an absolutely fantastic course. The amenities were first class. I've never seen a golf course with a more slick GPS system. It actually...
  20. Steel President

Indian Wells

So, I'll be staying at Indian Wells during the second week of January. We have a group of six for the week. I've been to Palm Springs before but never have I been to or played either course at Indian Wells. Obviously, the course gained even greater notoriety after being featured on Big Break but...
Back