Search results for query: *

1. Kobey

Energy Drinks & Shots

But 50% juice! What kind of juice I couldn't tell you.
  2. Kobey

Energy Drinks & Shots

I'm surprised there aren't more fans of the Monster Chaos. That one's my favorite, then the paisley.
  3. Kobey

Iron feedback?

I've seen a lot of posts about how blades give better feedback on mishits than GI or SGI irons. What does this mean? If I hit one wrong, I can feel it in the club, but what good does that do me? I can see by where the ball ended up that I mishit it, and I'd think that would give me a lot...
  4. Kobey

I was a dangerous idiot today

On the 15th hole I hit my drive a little to the right and found myself with about a 40 to 50 yard shot to the pin. There was a big tree off to my left with the branches overhanging my line to the green and I couldn't use a wedge without hitting them. So I used a 7I for a punch shot under the...
  5. Kobey

Teeing up irons

This might be a stupid question but I thought of it yesterday and it has me confused. If a proper hit with irons is down on the ball trapping it, then what is the purpose of using a tee on a par 3? I've seen some people advocate teeing it up higher, but wouldn't that prevent you from making a...
  6. Kobey

Practice Swings on full shots. Bad or Good?

I was thinking today about how some of the guys I golf with take an average of two practice swings on every shot. After 18 holes, they are usually done for the day, while I can play 36 or more holes without feeling it too much, and I very seldom take practice swings. It dawned on me that they...
  7. Kobey

Proper headwear for the course

How come I've never seen a sign at any course saying what is allowed to be worn on the head? They always talk about jeans and cutoff shorts but never acceptable hats. What if I want to wear a bandanna? Is that allowed? Where I grew up, boonie hats were for fishermen and South American...
  8. Kobey

Forced Carries

I've noticed that many nicer courses have a lot of forced carries. Do you think this adds a lot to the time and score of a round for the average golfer? I'd think they could be very unfair to shorter hitters. In a tournament situation, they may not have enough carry to make it over the...
  9. Kobey

Edwin Watts Duo Madness Augusta Contest

Edwin Watts is giving away 3 dozen Duo golf balls ever day in March plus a chance to win tickets to Augusta or a set of limited edition D-100 irons. http://www.edwinwattsgolf.com/augusta.aspx?ad_id=EMAILduoAUGUSTA I couldn't find this one anywhere. Sorry if it was already posted.
  10. Kobey

Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

There have been a lot of distance threads about how far people hit and if more distance is better but I wanted to find out how we compare in a different way. Leaving out accuracy issues, how far would be acceptable to you for driver carry distance? Not how far you'd like to be able to hit it...
  11. Kobey

Gimicky?

In the thread about course likes and dislikes I have seen the word gimicky come up a lot when it comes to hole design. I'm curious as to what that means exactly. Is it a definable term or subjective on the part of each person? What does everyone consider a gimicky hole to be as opposed to a...
  12. Kobey

Soft fairways kill my game

Yesterday I played a PGA course that was beautiful. The fairways were like the greens on my regular course. The only problem was wet fairways. Off the tee they were carry only. Most of my drives were within a foot of the ball mark, with a lot having negative roll, with the ball bouncing...
  13. Kobey

Milestone balls

Another thread made me think of something that I wish I had done from the start, keeping a ball with the date, course name and achievement on it for each milestone I hit. I know a lot of people keep them for certain things like holes-in-one and things like that, but how cool would it be to have...
  14. Kobey

How bad do your scores suffer when you overdo it?

On the 8th of July I went out and played 45 holes. My scores were 50, 45, 47, 50 and 47. Then the next week I did a lot of physical activity, unloading hay wagons and such. The next friday, the 13th, I was feeling a little bit sore and went out for an early 18 before a 4 man scramble. My...
  15. Kobey

Kaluhyat at Turning Stone

There is already a Turning Stone thread but there are five different courses there and I think the three premium courses each need their own thread. If you've ever ridden a roller coaster then you know the feeling you have when the cars coast back into the terminal at the end of the ride...
  16. Kobey

Can full tees be bad for iron shots?

I was wondering today if there could be some science behind the use of short, broken tees when using irons. If I use a full size tee and have it almost all the way in the ground, wouldn't that slow down my club head considerably if I hit it a little fat? Conversely, if I used a broken tee and...
  17. Kobey

High school golf dead?

On friday I was in a scramble at a local course. It started at 12:30 so before we were finished a local high school golf team had arrived. We met up with them on our 17th hole, hole 8 on the course, a 163 yard par 3. When we got to the tee box a foursome had just teed off and another was...
  18. Kobey

Etiquette question

When playing friday I was behind a twosome from the 4th hole on. They had let a threesome go ahead of them and seemed a bit annoyed. The threesome must have been crowding them. No one was behind me so I tried to stay back so I didn't seem like I was rushing them too. I think they may have...
  19. Kobey

playing more than one ball

It seems a lot of people will sometimes play 2 balls when the course is slow. I was wondering what the courses think about this. Is it an accepted practice or is it frowned upon by the course owners/managers? After all, if I pay for 18 holes and I play 2 balls I am really playing 36. That is...
  20. Kobey

Coming out, chipper style

I don't know what kind of reception this is going to get, but here goes. I use a.........CHIPPER! I've taken a lot of flack over it and I'm still not sure why. It is a legal club, I get a lot of use out of it and it keeps me from whacking the ball back and forth over the green. I know most...
Back