Search results for query: *

1. M

Can someone check a Ping serial number for me?

I am looking at possibly buying a set of used Ping G irons today (Sunday). Does anybody have access to checking Ping serial number online? If I pm you the number can you please check the specs for me. Thanks!
  2. M

Frequency Chart Help!!!

Thanks for your reply, I am buying the FST Pro 125 S/X combo shaft. I need these shafts to come out as at least a "S" all day long. I am trying to replicate the KBS Tour 120 A or the Dynamic Gold S300. I have read alot of articles stating that the FST Pro 125 plays very soft and to get a genuine...
  3. M

Frequency Chart Help!!!

My current club builder built me a test 7 iron, dry fit so no epoxy yet. It is built to 37.5" with no grip installed so +1/2" over standard. We are using the FST Pro 125 S/X combo shaft. With the shaft cut to X flex he was getting 318cpm and with it cut to S he was getting 311cpm. I am going...
  4. M

Please help me with club length!

Awesome, thanks alot guys! I am going to have the whole set 755PC (4-AW) built at + 3/4" over the 37* standard 7 iron. The lofts are the lofts and I'm not going to touch them, that's what interested me about this set. I just leard my distances and go from there! Thanks so much! If it comes down...
  5. M

My previous set that I am currently using is the Wilson Staff D7 irons. I really do not like these new generation irons jacking up the lofts like this. These Wilson's have a 28* 7 iron and a 38* 9 iron! I want a set of irons with more traditional lofts and I can get accustomed to my distances...
  6. M

I have attached a pic of the specs of the Wishon 755 PC irons. Please check out the lofts, they are at least 1 to 1.5 clubs weaker than the new generation game improvement irons. Am I making this too complicated and I just use the standard length as the industry norm of 37" for a 7 iron and...
  7. M

I have been fitted twice, once with Ping and once with a private fitter. With Ping I was + 1/2" and 1* upright with the other fitter I was + 3/4" and 2* upright. I did find with Ping that they measure the club raw shaft and then install the grip so Pings 7 iron would be 37.75" to end of grip...
  8. M

Thank you for your answer it does help alot. I guess what I am trying to say in a round about way is, do I have to make my new 7 iron the standard length of a new 8 iron because they both roughly have 33* of loft?
  9. M

Hello, so I am having a club builder build me a set of Tom Wishon 755 PC irons 4-AW. Unfortunately I cannot try them out before receiving them but I do have a pretty good idea of my specs. So to start I am 6'1" tall or 185cm and I have a wrist to floor of 38". This perticular builder uses the...
  10. M

FST PRO 125

Yes, thank you very much. My club builder just built me a 37.5" 7-iron and was getting 318 cpm with the shaft cut to X flex. I am going to choose X flex for my set because my 7 iron will be 37.75" and that may bring the cpm down a couple points more being longer. This should put me right in the...
  11. M

FST PRO 125

Hello, I am having a new set of Wishon 755 PC irons built 4-AW. I am going to have them built with the FST PRO 125 shaft S/X. I have read a few reports online that this shaft plays soft (cut to X is more like a S in other shafts) like DG-S300 or Project X 6.0 or KBS Tour 120 S. Has anybody ever...
  12. M

Am I done with the major OEM's?

Hello, I am 36 years old and I have been playing golf for almost 20 years. I am roughly a 20 handicap and usually shoot in the mid 90's. I'd say I play maybe 10-15 rounds a year put am hoping to play more. I know enough about the way I swing and the way I hit my clubs to know that I NEED...
  13. M

Good value low spinning distance ball?

Hello, I am in need of some recommendations on a new ball to play this year. I have been playing the game of golf for roughly 20 years but I only have time to play 6-10 rounds a year. On a challenging course I usually shoot mid to high 90's, I can also break 90 if it's an easier course. My short...
  14. M

Who makes a larger wedge head?

Hey guys, I am looking for a 56* SW head with 12-14* bounce to replace my current SW. I currently have a Dynacraft DMC forged head and while it is a quality product I throws me off with how small it is. I have a real problem using these Cleveland and Vokey sized wedge heads which I think are...
  15. M

Opinions on the Wilson Staff C-100 irons???

Hey, looking at the specs of these iron I think they would fit me very well. I am 6'1" and 220 pounds and I have been fitted for ping irons, these Wilson are the exact length from the factory I need, I would just need to bend them a degree or two upright if possible. I hit these irons last fall...
  16. M

Should I buy Tom Wishon clubs?

First of all let me give you some background I am 32 years old 6'1 and 220 pounds. I am a firefighter for a living and I am in pretty decent shape, im not saying im a bodybuilder or a triathlon but I have no major injuries and a decent swing. I am currently an honest 25-30 handicap and would be...
  17. M

Questions about Tom Wishon clubs???

Hello there, I am going to bite the bullet and get custom fit for some Wishon clubs in the next month or two. I am looking long and hard at the 870Ti irons in 4-GW with steel shafts. I am ruling out the 771CSI because its just too soft a metal for my lifestyle, I ride in a cart 90% of the time...
  18. M

What type of steel are cast irons made from now-a-days?

Hey guys I'm looking for a good set of cast game improvement irons. I've been looking hard at the Mizuno JPX-850, AP1, Ping G30 and maybe some others if you can recommend some. I have been researching club fitting and component irons a lot lately and I have seen a few different types of...
  19. M

Which ball for the high handicapper?

Hello, I am looking for a good quality ball that doesnt cost a fortune to game in 2015. I am about a 25 handicapper and usually shoot in the mid to high 90's, my short game is the flaw. I won a dozen Titleist Pro-V1 and a dozen Taylormade Penta TP5's last year, using them this year I noticed...
  20. M

Good quality component clubs?

Hey, I have been reading a lot more about club building and I am getting pretty interested in it. I have a fellow co-worker that has been doing it as a hobby for about 10 years now. I like the idea of picking a good quality iron head and sticking in the shaft and grip of my choice without being...
Back