Search results for query: *

1. tmtitleist411

Low-Lofted Irons and Hybrids?

So we talk a lot about getting rid of lower irons on THP, but I'm curious- how many of us play either a 2 iron (or any iron below 20*), or a hybrid somewhere between 15*-18*? If you have played one in the past and no longer do, why did you stop? For those of you who are still playing one, how do...
  2. tmtitleist411

guitar players or others who are musically inclined?

I play guitar (lefty, of course), and used to play piano... Anyone else on here?
  3. tmtitleist411

going to get fitted today!

Booked an appointment with Doug at Charlottes Golfsmith at 2:30 today! Couple of questions: 1. I'm trading in my current set of irons to pay for part of my new set. Will I need to trade them in on the spot, or can I wait until my new clubs arrive? 2. Should I take my current 6 iron with me as...
  4. tmtitleist411

are these shafts on the mizuno fitting cart?

Hey guys, this is just me being overexcited for my fitting tomorrow, but here goes. My Golfsmith won't have a demo head for the X forged, just the stock demo 6 iron, so I'll most likely be testing out shafts in the Mizuno mp 59 head. my question is are the following shafts on the Mizuno cart...
  5. tmtitleist411

KBS Tour R vs. Dynamic Gold R300?

Close to a decision on shafts for my next clubs, but I wanted to crowdsource this one. How do you guys like both of these shafts? How do they compare in ballflight, launch characteristics, feel, spin, and stiffness? Thanks!
  6. tmtitleist411

ernest sports ES12 portable launch monitor?

I saw this while flipping through March's golf digest, and was wondering if anyone here has ever used one, and if they actually work? They say you get what you pay for, and for $250 I'm wondering if its actually legitimate, if it is I may have to check it out eventually.
  7. tmtitleist411

how to gap my wedges?

Alright, so here's my dilemma. I'm either getting ping S56s (4-pw, pw 46*),Callaway x forged (4-pw, pw 46*), or cobra amp cell pros (4-gw, gw 50*). My problem is my wedges... I have a 2011 vokey in the bag right now at 60* that I absolutely love... And that's the only wedge staying with me past...
  8. tmtitleist411

Carolina Golf Club in Charlotte NC?

Playing an interclub match tomorrow at Carolina... Anyone have any advice for me? I've played there before a couple of times but not recently.
  9. tmtitleist411

45% off anything at cobragolf.com!!!

Code is gs45. Amazing deal for those looking for some new Amp Cell gear!
  10. tmtitleist411

Which irons I should get?

I'm looking to get a new set of irons this summer. Currently, my list is: 1. Mizuno MP-59 2. Cobra Amp Cell Pros 3. Callaway X-Forged 4. Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour 5. Titleist CB 712 6. Ping S56 I've hit the MP-59's, Rocketbladez, and S56's already, and prefer the MP-59's over the S56's over...
  11. tmtitleist411

Anyone here going to Wake Forest golf camp June 9-13?

I've gone the past two years, and look forward to going again next week... anyone either going this summer or has been in the past? I have some great memories and friends from the last two sessions.
  12. tmtitleist411

Callaway golf shipping?

Hey guys, I ordered a X Hot Pro 3 Deep on Thursday with everything stock except for a different grip. 4 days later, it still says being processed. It was originally backordered, which changed on friday morning. Have you guys ordered directly from Callaway in the past, and how long did it take...
  13. tmtitleist411

Question about the Scotty Cameron Custom Shop

Alright, I'll try to keep it as brief as possible. A couple of quick questions: 1. What is everyone's experiences with the actual refinishing done by the custom shop (i.e. sending it in, paint fills, restorations, etc.)? 2. On the custom shop page (...
  14. tmtitleist411

What's the putter you've gamed the longest?

Fairly self-explanatory. I've heard stories of people who have hit the same putter for years on end.... and then there's my dad, who just bought a new one a few weeks ago after having his for just over a year. What's the longest you've gamed a putter for?
  15. tmtitleist411

Any fellow debaters out there?

Title is self-explanatory. I do congress in NC. ***Edit: I'm on my high school's debate team. I do student congress (there are 5 main debate events: Policy/CX, Lincoln-Douglas/LD, Public Forum/PF, and Student Congress (my event, with a plethora of abbreviations that no one agrees upon).
  16. tmtitleist411

WTB: FEELER! LH regular flex driver

Looking for a driver for around 200 bucks… preferably a cobra amp, zl encore; taylormade r11, rbz, or r9 supertri; titleist 910 D3; Callaway Razr Hawk; or Adams Fast 12. PM me any reasonable offers. Used please! My 14-year old budget can't afford new :-) any other reasonably recent drivers are...
  17. tmtitleist411

Anyone from Providence Country Club?

Hi all, something I have been wondering about for a while. Does anyone here play at Providence Country Club in Charlotte, NC?
  18. tmtitleist411

Taylormade R9 irons TP Tour Issue?

Well, I was down in Fripp Island this week, and I played on friday at Ocean Point. While I was warming up, the guy next to me complimented me on my irons ( he had, what I believed, to be TP) and I told him his were pretty nice too. Then he told me to take out the 3 iron. WOW! The topline was...
  19. tmtitleist411

Nike VR Pro Hybrid vs. Titleist 910H?

Been meaning to get over to the range for an hour or two just to hit demo hybrids, but haven't gotten the chance. Will go on Sunday and try these two out. How do the stock shafts compare (PX 5.5 & Kai'li) and do they play any softer or stiffer than the assigned flex? Thanks for the help as I...
  20. tmtitleist411

Changing putting hands?

Alright, I am so frustrated with my putting that I am considering buying a right handed putter and completely reworking my stroke ( I am normally left handed). Has anyone done this before and what have your results been? I'm just interested to know because it definitely seems like a viable...
Back