Search results for query: *

1. Bullitt5339

Dumb new vehicle trends.

Look, I'm a car guy, there's no doubt about that. But as I look around at the modern car scene, I wonder how people find some of these new trends attractive, cool or even safe? We are seeing some of the greatest cars to ever be produced by auto manufacturers and yet people still find it...
  2. Bullitt5339

Rules Question concerning the anchored putting stroke.

I was pulled into a conversation at the course today between a group of older gentlemen who were obviously playing for money, the club pro and the assistant pro concerning anchored putting and whether the putting technique one gentleman was using was legal. Here's the scenario: Gentleman uses...
  3. Bullitt5339

What chipping technique do you use?

With the massive short game clinic that I'm going through right now, I have spent a lot of time on chipping. I was originally taught to chip with an open stance, ball back and use almost a putting motion but beyond that, I really had no idea how to gauge what club I should be using and relied...
  4. Bullitt5339

Lightningbolt44 is a great dude.

Lightningbolt44 aka Ron, aside from being an awesome golfer to share a round with and someone that I call a friend is also just an awesome person in general. I received a PM from golfergal saying that my 2016 Albatross Club membership was paid for by Ron. Completely unexpected, but a great...
  5. Bullitt5339

Clubs that came as a surprise? You didn't want to like it, but it just performed?

I'm sure this has happened to most people who like to demo clubs, but I want to hear the stories. Have you ever just picked up a club that wasn't on your radar at all and it performed so well that you had to have it? Or was there a club that was so ugly or sounded so horrendous that you wanted...
  6. Bullitt5339

Driver shaft experiment

It's no secret that I am very inconsistent with driver and fairway woods. I can absolutely hammer 270 yard drives on one day and then pull hook everything with the driver the next day. Getting off the tee is absolutely the worst part of my game right now and has been for a long time, probably...
  7. Bullitt5339

Golf Pad GPS's Golf Tags Review

After many months of waiting for Arccos to release the Android version of their system, I decided to give up and look for other alternatives for shot tracking during my rounds. I'm a bit of a numbers geek and think that knowing my yardages and tendencies can do nothing but improve my game. I...
  8. Bullitt5339

Is amnesia the greatest skill in golf?

I have mental struggles on the course, that's for sure. I tend to get the pull hooks and once I hit one, it's in my head on every shot after that. I overheard the announcers talking about Jordan Speith's greatest skill in golf is amnesia. He is able to quickly forget bad rounds and bad shots...
  9. Bullitt5339

White socks only?

I was reading a post on Facebook where people were naming the dumbest etiquette rules at golf courses and there seemed to be a recurring theme of private clubs that only allow members to wear white socks. I had never even heard of that rule anywhere before and I've had the blessing to play some...
  10. Bullitt5339

How would you handle this situation?

How would you guys handle this situation and am I overreacting? The course that I'm currently a member at is a very walker friendly design and there was a contingency of walkers that meet up every day to play. The course allows walking by members at any time during the week, but only after 2PM...
  11. Bullitt5339

Walking vs. Riding

I've tried to get my (soon to be) old club to recognize this, but alas, they won't. So I'm switching. http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/04/cart-only-rules-should-be-agai.html
  12. Bullitt5339

Differences between mens and ladies heads?

Are there generally any differences between the actual heads on ladies and mens clubs? I've been pondering a 9 Wood and there are some good deals on ladies Bio Cell 7-9 Wood head and adapters out there which would fit the bill if that's a viable option. If I buy the head and adapter and drop a...
  13. Bullitt5339

How do golf course ratings/slope affect your game?

Since my return to golf, I've had the pleasure of traveling and playing a lot of courses with THPers and I was noticing that my handicap really isn't moving much, even though my game is severely off right now. I'm currently at a 21.4 from a 20 9 months ago and I've shot some really high scores...
  14. Bullitt5339

Mcdonalds serving breakfast all day?

The only real meal I will eat there, so that's a bonus. http://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/mcdonalds-test-all-day-breakfast-soon-n332706
  15. Bullitt5339

Do most higher handicap golfers use too much loft around the greens?

I must admit that I've been seriously guilty of this in the past. I tended to use my 58* wedge for the majority of shots inside 50 yards and noticed one trend: I came up severely short on most of my shots and tended to chunk/blade quite a few especially when there was some pressure. Sure, I...
  16. Bullitt5339

I may be changing my club membership very soon

I have been a member at a local course for about 6 years now. When I first joined, they had just redone the greens to TIFF Bermuda and it was known to have the best greens in the area. It's not a difficult course, but it is walker friendly and there was a good group of walkers that met every...
  17. Bullitt5339

How to use a rangefinder with shakey hands..

After a response in a separate thread where I said I knew a technique for scanning flags even with the shakiest of hands, I have been getting a bunch of Private Messages, so this is obviously a concern of many here on THP. So I thought that I would give you guys the technique that I use, which...
  18. Bullitt5339

Bullitt's road to recovery and path to better golf

I'm creating this thread to track my progress back from a serious injury and my journey back to playing decent golf. I wouldn't even be attempting this if it wasn't for a few THPers who have really made me want to push through and get back on the course, you guys know who you are and I thank...
  19. Bullitt5339

Freddie, can you fix this?

I have serious issues with my swing, and Ron took some pictures which showed some glaring faults in my swing. I just don't know how to fix the. I'm sure as soon as I put the pictures up, you'll see the immediate issue on my follow through. My lower body just doesn't resemble what it should be...
  20. Bullitt5339

My stats from my 1st two rounds back....... There's plenty wrong.

I'm going to keep some stats here based on my game which will allow me to track improvement through the year. These are my starting 2 rounds after 9 months off and an elbow surgery, so take it easy on me. Scoring Average: 105 Putts per Hole : 1.8 Driving accuracy: 50% Par 3 average: 4.3...
Back