Search results for query: *

1. Blame Me

Am I doing this right or not?

Just about to ask the same thing, I've no idea and no one else did as no one replied to your questioned :D Catsup a real thing though o_O Every day is a school day :ROFLMAO:
  2. Blame Me

2024 Golf Trips?

Two planned, one back to Wilmington NC (back home ;)) in April, more of a vacation but a visit that contains golf and more golf and most of it on my home course. The other is to be arranged. But that will be somewhere in the UK (should know soon), it could be all the way down south or up near me...
  3. Blame Me

Happy Birthday Thread

Cheers for the birthday shout out and for those having one today have a great one!
  4. Blame Me

New Year newbie saying hi

Welcome to THP :D As @Thrillbilly Jim said, I am in the England, recently moved from the States and loving it..... not :oops: You are all the way down south and I'm up north on the east coast with some cracking courses. If you are ever up here, drop a DM and we can try and get out for 18. Enjoy.
  5. Blame Me

Golf Under The Influence

Oh yes, to many times to count. Always from the night before that slipped past midnight to early morning and then we went to play golf. That must of happened just about every Saturday night for golf Sunday morning. We did that for more than a year or so :oops: I came to the realisation that it...
  6. Blame Me

Cop shows (sort of) - pick one

I went with Hill Street Blues. However in fairness if The Wire, Southland, Line of Duty or Luther were on that list I'd of picked those over all on that list.
  7. Blame Me

Summarize your playing/golf style

I was an angry golfer then relised I'm not good enough to be angry at this game. Then became play it safe golfer and not taking anything on, now I'm a chilled ego free golfer that doesn't care so much about the score and tries shots and lines that I would never of thought I would do or what...
  8. Blame Me

The Last Hole You Played

+3 on the last hole at Hexham Golf Club, topped 5 iron off the tee that went half way down the hill, 8 iron lay up as I had no shot. Wedged the next into the sand (one more foot and it was a perfect shot). A perfectly hit bunker shot to a short sided pin that went to far and landed in the deep...
  9. Blame Me

Rules

Gotcha. I saw that and was thinking how can he claim an embedded ball given how deep the rough was. No ball is going to go through grass that thick and embed itself, unless your'e Patrick Reed of course ;) As for being embedded (except in sand), its a free drop within one club length from the...
  10. Blame Me

Rules

I would guess that a ball in a farmers field is OB, back to the teebox or back to where you hit that ball from, that end up in the farmers field.
  11. Blame Me

How Many Golf Bags Fit in Your Trunk?

If I had my 2018 Ford Mustang would be taking three of us, two in comfort the other not so much. That would be golf bags only and its fair to say no overnight bags. My current Volvo, it could stretch to four and again bags only and no overnight bags, but to be honest with golf bags and golf...
  12. Blame Me

What is your home course?

Beau is still my homie even now I've been in the UK for the last year. I've not got an English home course yet.
  13. Blame Me

How often do you get out to play? (The frustration of not being able to play enough)

Up until a year ago I was playing 4 to 5 times a week with practice when I wasn't playing. Now, I've played about 13 times in 12 months. Life sometimes gets in the way of things.
  14. Blame Me

Have you ever played a PGA tour rota golf course?

Indeed I have. Bethpage Black a few times but most fun at TPC Boston and 3 days after the event had finished. It was the Deutscher Bank Championship and I think it was the year Charlie Hoffman won it. It was very strange playing with the stands still in place. Birdied the last hole, a par 5...
  15. Blame Me

Robot Ball Test

That's why I like the test as it removes a lot of the variables what with it been in doors and I do understand the reason behind not hitting the same ball. I wonder if they will do another test using the same ball with multiple shots to see how that fairs. MyGolfSpy found out how bad a Callaway...
  16. Blame Me

Robot Ball Test

ROBOT TEST 2023: Which Golf Ball Is Best For My Game? British based Today's Golfer test multiple golf balls with a robot and the results are interesting. Wilson gets a thumbs up as did the Maxfli, though us Brits struggle to get those Maxfli balls. It will also be interesting how this test...
  17. Blame Me

Course/clubhouse don't match

Yes, played Longhirst Hall GC in the UK near to where I am and the clubhouse looks like a typical 80's brick building from a small council estate, nothing like the what you would imagine a golf course with "Hall" in the name. Having said that, I thought the course was a bit of a hidden gem and...
  18. Blame Me

Alignment Aids On Balls

Thanks for confirming what I thought was correct. And as it happens that's exactly what I do with the Maxfli Tour balls I use.
  19. Blame Me

Alignment Aids On Balls

I'm not sure about this but, I think I read an article that said the only ball manufacture that prints an alignment mark along its balance point (like you do with the ball spinner) was Maxfli. The rest just mark the ball when its in the printing press at any rotation without checking its true...
Back