Search results for query: *

1. crazygolfnut

WTB Ping G410 7 wood

Looking for a Ping G410 7 wood with a stock Alta CB regular flex shaft.
  2. crazygolfnut

What stats and what tool for the next season?

With the new season approaching, what stats are you going to record and what tool are you going to use? Stats like Score, GIR, putts, etc? Are you going to use GHIN, TheGrint, excel spreadsheet etc.?
  3. crazygolfnut

Golf Shoes Recommendations for Arthritic feet.

I need a recommendation for soft spike golf shoes that have really good support for an old golfer that has arthritic feet. I started walking this summer but due to severe pain in my foot, I am now back riding a cart. When I am not playing golf, I have to wear a boot. My doctor does not play...
  4. crazygolfnut

Higher bounce on the sand wedge or lob wedge?

When I first started playing I was told that the sand wedge should have a higher bounce than the lob wedge. Today when you go to manufactures websites and take their survey, they tend to put the higher bounce on the lob wedge (based on my input to the survey). Your thoughts on this would be...
  5. crazygolfnut

Which "wing" style putter do you like best?

This year I am planning on purchasing a new “wing” style putter and I have narrowed it down to the basic models listed. I know I still need to figure out face balance etc. but playing around with these models in several stores, these are the basic models that I think I will zero in on. Just...
  6. crazygolfnut

What wedge bounce on your wedges?

I like the idea of having wedges with different bounces for more versatility. If you have two wedges in the bag which wedge would have the low bounce and which wedge would have the higher bounce? Say you are looking at a 56 & 60. Would you pick a wedge with the low bounce on the 56 or the 60...
  7. crazygolfnut

Need a new 3 wood. Ping G410 or Titleist TS2?

I am starting my search for a new 3 wood and will be focusing on the Ping G410 and Titleist TS2. I have not had a chance to hit either one. I usually hit my last 3 wood (G30, reg shaft) around 200 to 210. Wondering if anyone has compared the two? Thanks in advance.
  8. crazygolfnut

What happened to women’s golf clubs?

My wife is playing Callaway clubs that are about 5 years old. They have around 300 rounds on them and she would like to upgrade. After going around to several stores, she was not able to find any name brand clubs except for the cheap “everything in a box” set. What happened to Callaway, Cobra...
  9. crazygolfnut

Wedge Setup after 43 deg PW and 48 deg GW?

Wondering what your thoughts are on a good wedge setup when you have with a 43 degree PW and 48 degree GW that match your irons.
  10. crazygolfnut

Which one, Odyssey O Works #7, Ping Sigma G Tyne or Scotty Cameron Futura 5W?

It is time to find a new putter to replace my old Rife 2 Bar Hybrid. Considering the Odyssey O Works #7, Ping Sigma G Tyne, or the Scotty Cameron Futura 5W. They all look about the same so I am wondering what the differences are. Has anyone played all or any of these? Which one would you go...
  11. crazygolfnut

Is there a way to calculate a partial wedge distance?

Is there a standard way to calculate how far a partial wedge shot should go? I will go outside and do some actual testing once the weather allows but I was trying to figure it out mathematically. If you take the difference between the loft of two clubs and multiply by a number you can...
  12. crazygolfnut

What 818 AP1 hybrid replace 3 and 4 irons?

With the way companies have changed degree loft, it makes it a little difficult to figure out what hybrids are correct replacements for your irons. I went to a fitting in the fall and purchased a set of 718AP1 irons (6-W48). I also was fitted for an 818 H1 hybrid to be a 5 iron replacement. We...
  13. crazygolfnut

Titleist Thursday Fitting 818 Hybrid question.

I went to a Titleist Thursday club fitting and purchased a set of Titleist 718 AP1's, 6 through wedge. At this point I have not purchased any hybrids due to the cost. The fitter sent me an email that suggested the next club (a hybrid) should be a 25 degree with a ½ inch longer than standard...
  14. crazygolfnut

Bridgestone B330-RX or B330-RXS equal to Chrome Soft?

Can anyone tell me which Bridgestone ball B330-RX or B330-RXS would be an equal to the Callaway Chrome Soft? Thanks
  15. crazygolfnut

Best GPS for 2017

My PT4 died so I am looking for a new GPS. I prefer a unit that I can put into my pocket or hang on the cart. No cell phone apps and no watch. Something with big numbers. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  16. crazygolfnut

New driver. Which is more important, distance or constancy?

I am shopping for a new driver and wonder which is more important, distance or constancy? As you go through the fitting process, it looks like it is difficult to find a driver that can max out both. Many players do not have a very fast swing speed (80-85 mph). Reading reviews of new drivers...
  17. crazygolfnut

When is the best time to be fitted for new clubs?

The only place around here for club fittings is indoor facilities. I usually start indoors then take a demo out to play on the course. So when is the best time to be fitted for clubs?
  18. crazygolfnut

Lob wedge from the sand - MD3 W, SM6 K or Glide ES?

I am thinking about changing out my 60 degree wedge to a wedge with a wider sole that I would use mostly out of the bunker. I am considering the Callaway MD3 W, Ping Glide ES or Vokey K. Is there really that much difference between these?
  19. crazygolfnut

Wedge finish - Black or Chrome

Manufactures have different variations of wedge finishes but basically it comes down to black or chrome. Which do you prefer and why?
  20. crazygolfnut

Anyone still using their Rife Two Bar putter?

I am thinking about blowing the dust off my old Rife Two Bar putter and sticking a new SuperStroke grip on it. Question. Is anyone still using their Rife Two Bar putter?
Back