Search results for query: *

1. B

Orlando Fla area golf courses

Myself and 3 friends are planning a trip to the Orlando area toward the end of February. We have lodging already ( friends wife has an in at a major hotel ) I am trying to come up with a list of 4-5 courses to play while there. Probably a couple more expensive courses, and a couple good value...
  2. B

Myrtle Beach 8/7 - 8/12

I'll be in Myrtle Beach with the family 8/7 - 8/12, and plan on playing 2-3 rounds ( knee health dependent ) with one being at Caledonia - that's a given!. Just seeing if any THPers will be in the area or at the beach during that week and may want to get in a round - or two! Golf is always...
  3. B

Driveable par 4's, reachable par 5's

One thing I think makes a golf course great is a drivable par 4 and some reachable par 5's. I'd like a driveable par on every course, ( and would moan & groan if there was one on each nine ) and 3 out of the 4 par 5's be reachable in 2. All this is assuming one is playing from the correct tees...
  4. B

Regional Rivalry question

O.k. It's down to the last hole in the last match. It's a dead tie. 2 scenarios. Scenario #1. Each side has a 4' putt for par to halve the match. You are a good putter, and your opponent is a bit shaky. Do you do ask if they are o.k with "good good" and end it in a tie? Do you putt out because...
  5. B

Unluckiest shot

Well, we have seen the luckiest shot... - how about the unluckiest? I have 1 or 2 - or 100! Played Hampshire Greens. Had a long birdie chip on a par 5. I hit a bump and run, and it is headed right into the cup for an eagle. An inch from the hole it takes a sudden right turn. I stand there...
  6. B

Luckiest shot you have hit?

Watching the WM Open yesterday during the play-off, when Rickie hit that ball in the bunker and it bounced out, all I could think was how lucky that was. ( of course then he hit the driver which hit the downslope, and caused the ball to go all the way through the green and into the drink! )...
  7. B

December job loss

Having seen quite a few December job losses, I have a question I am curious to see the answers to. Is it better to get the news before or after Christmas? I say before, so one doesn't go out and buy a bunch gifts, spend a lot of money, etc. My wife says after, so it doesn't ruin Christmas. What...
  8. B

Prov1 sample pack

Went out to get the mail and lo and behold there is a 2 ball pack of Prov1 golf balls from Dicks. Any one else get this? Never been a huge pro v1 fan, but I will certainly give these a shot - free is good!
  9. B

Laptop help

Let me start off by saying my 6 year old mentally challenged Boston Terrier probably knows more about computers than I do! My wife has left no doubt what she wants for Christmas is a lap top. Now, she doesn't do a ton. Mostly Internet, facebook, etc. May do some excel, word, etc - but not a...
  10. B

Sad day

Just found out Bruce Gerwig, the Golf instructor I see, and the guy who made a tremendous difference in my game, passed away on the 15th. He was only 65. I had called up there a few weeks ago to ask him a question regarding grips, and the guy that owns the range answered and told me Bruce was in...
  11. B

BIGBALL goes to Big D!

Heading to Rockwall, TX May 22nd - 24th. Planning on playing at least Friday & Saturday mornings. I am pretty sure Rockwall is an hour or so outside Dallas? Any course recommendations? If any THPers are available, be great to get in some golf with you!
  12. B

Cocking the wrists

Freddie I have had this issue ever since I started playing - I never cock my wrists in my actual golf swing - most noticeably & detrimentally with the driver? I do during my practice swings, but if I do in my actual shot, the results are not good - usually really steep, resulting in a pop up...
  13. B

Links at Gettysburg

Played the Links at Gettysburg this past Sunday, 9/16. Ima break it down for ya like MC Hammer. Yea, I know some of you remember him! Overview - The Links at Gettysburg is a 144 slope, 7069 yard course from the tips. We played from the Whites, which is still a 130 slope, 6,277 yard beast! Their...
  14. B

Proud dad!

I have been trying to get my 15 year old son to play golf for the last 3 years. He has a lot of natural athleticism, but he always preferred X-games type stuff. Finally got him to try golf this year. He isn't a big kid, 5'5, 140#, but he is pretty strong. He has played exactly 4 rounds with me...
  15. B

Daytona Beach end of June

I am heading to Daytona Beach at the end of June, ( 23 - 30th ) and looking for a few nice, well conditioned courses to play within an hour, hour fifteen minutes of Daytona. I was going to make the jaunt to play TPC Sawgrass, but they are closed for aerification while I am there - sucks...
  16. B

Leaving for Arizona!

Headed to Arizona with a couple buddies for our annual golf trip tomorrow morning! Playing TPC, Gold Canyon Dinosaur Mountain, We-Ko-Pa Cholla and Eagle Mountain. Anyone with playing experience at any of these? Would like to fit Troon in, but it's a bit out of the way, high $$! A couple days we...
  17. B

Adams CB2 iron advice

Fellow golf nuts I have been playing Adams A4 irons in a stiff matrix graphite shafts - and I really like them. ( I have been an Adams guy for years now ) However, last spring I lost my 8 iron ( don't ask:angry:) and finding even a used replacement is 65 -75.00, and that is with a steel shaft...
Back