Search results for query: *

1. TIGolfer1996

Does aiming left make me slice?

So a bit of background. Usually after a long lay-off or start of season, I block everything right. Lately, I’ve been getting good at turning that slice into a gentle fade with every club except my driver. I aim left on just about every tee shot trying to counteract and compensate for the...
  2. TIGolfer1996

Hitting the reset button

Had one of the worst rounds I can remember today, lost at least a ball on every other hole. Couldn’t hit my driver straight to save my life, slicing everywhere off the tee. Upside is my wedge game and putter saved me and somehow I managed to break 50 on the front nine. Might’ve tweaked...
  3. TIGolfer1996

TIGolfer1996’s WITB

Here’s the bag I’ve been slowly revamping for the past few months. Traded out my 2009 Burner for a like-new TaylorMade M4 driver. Upgraded my Callaway Razr X Black 3W that I struggled with for a TaylorMade RBZ High Launch hoping the HL 3W is easier to hit (I struggle with 15* 3Ws.) Kept my...
  4. TIGolfer1996

Favorite post-round lunch/snack?

Share your favorites. My go-to is “The Augusta,” a Pimento Cheese sandwich at a local deli, followed by a pint of Guinness or Cider at the pub down the street from the deli. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. TIGolfer1996

Something insane happened yesterday

So, didn't post about this sooner because I've been exhausted due to work, but I'm just out of college and got a job at my local Play it Again Sports. Yesterday a woman came in with a lot of really high-dollar golf stuff. There were Tour-issue Scottys valued at over $2,500 dollars. Naturally, we...
  6. TIGolfer1996

Franklin Bridge Golf Club Review

Now that I live in Franklin, Tennessee, I recently made Franklin Bridge Golf Club, located south of Nashville, my home course. Recently, the course changed ownership from American Golf Corp to a local ownership. The course itself previously went by Forrest Crossing Golf Club and later The...
  7. TIGolfer1996

Hello from Franklin, Tennessee, it's been awhile!

Hey everyone! Gosh, it's been such a long time since I was active here. I was a fresh-faced, naive and immature 18-year old college freshman. Now, I'm a wiser, older and much more mature 22-year old new college graduate. In the process of going from iced teas to Long Island iced teas at the...
  8. TIGolfer1996

Wedge Setup

5 years ago, I was an idealistic high school golfer who thought he had what it took to make it at least to the web.com Tour. In the time since, I realized that this was not at all the case, and that the one thing that was lagging behind my developing game was my wedge play. So I made a change...
  9. TIGolfer1996

Amazon Fire $50 Tablets?

Does anyone have a tablet that they like? I ask because I'm really thinking about putting it on the Christmas list to compliment my laptop and phone for light school/journalism work but I've heard they are completely unremarkable other than the price point. I mainly want to know if you can take...
  10. TIGolfer1996

European THPers okay?

Question kinda says it all, just want to check up on our members and brethren across the pond.
  11. TIGolfer1996

TaylorMade Driver Question

Hey guys, it's good to get my head out of the books for awhile and get back here (college comes before golf) Anyways, my dad and I were gifted a TaylorMade SLDR S driver from a relative because he couldn't hit it, I asked him what the shaft was and he said the driver Flex Shaft" does anyone know...
  12. TIGolfer1996

Big Idea for a THP Event

So, I was bored on the course today and was spitballing some ideas in my head for a new sort of THP Event, now, this is just an idea and has plenty of logistical hurdles before it becomes possible, but this is something that could really showcase THP on a global scale. Now, the Brain Trust of...
  13. TIGolfer1996

Too flexible of a shaft

So, I was playing in a scramble over the weekend and have been ballooning my drives right, at first I thought it was my swing, usually is. But I tried hitting my dad's driver with a stiff shaft with the same loft as mine (mine's a regular flex) I hit it and pipe a missile straight as an arrow...
  14. TIGolfer1996

Something amazing happened today!

So, it's no secret that I've been wanting to try out a SuperStroke grip for my putter, so, prior to work today, I go deposit my previous check and head to Golfsmith, expecting to spend north of $24.99 for one. I'm looking around, passing time and a guy walks up and we get to talking about...
  15. TIGolfer1996

Super Stroke Putter Grips?

Hey guys! I'm really considering re gripping from my Odyssey stock Lamkin crossline putter grip to a Super Stroke, I was trying the Flatso and didn't really like it, but loved the Slim series. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of them before I spring $30 for a regrip. Sent from my...
  16. TIGolfer1996

How many golf balls are in your bag?

So I WAS going to go to Golfsmith to pick up some Bridgestone B330RX's for $25 with a coupon, but, I did some bag inventory and I carry SIXTY ONE(!) golf balls in my bag, and decided against it. However, a question popped in my head, how many balls (approximately) does the average/above average...
  17. TIGolfer1996

Scramble Tips

Alright so I'm playing in a 4 man scramble in the coming month and really have never played. really looking for advice and tips since I've never played in one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. TIGolfer1996

New premium ball

Okay so I'm at a crossroads. I am an avid gamer of Srixon Q Star and Z Star golf balls, love the spin. But I want to try a new type of ball. I've tried the e6, Callaway SuperSoft, TaylorMade Project a, I'm looking for a new premium and mid-tier golf ball. Really leaning toward the B330-RX or RXS...
  19. TIGolfer1996

Avoiding the "Back Nine Burnout"

We've all been there, you set the front nine on fire and then you play decent the first few holes on the back and suddenly you flatline. You're sluggish, tired, and just want to get the round over with. I'm playing a round in 80 degrees and it's going to be about 70% humidity Sunday and wondered...
  20. TIGolfer1996

Favorite Course Designers?

I know we have our favorite courses in and of themselves, but what about their architects/designers? Only 2 criteria: 1. You must have played 1 of their courses and name which one 2. Name a "famous" as in PGA course, that they've designed Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back