“Craziest” golf thing you do

Golf balls are expensive, but if I've bogeyed a number of holes, it might find its way into a pond or woods to get rid of bad mojo.

Have not seen the high numbers for Bridgestone B X
Yeah I haven't checked. Maybe personalized ones when they have a sell?

I will not buy or use any putter under 36"

And I choke down on the damn thing at least a 1" to 1 1/2" anyways? :oops:

Craziest thing I do is drive 6-8 hours round trip AT LEAST once a month to play golf with a bunch of guys I met on the internet. Best. Decision. Ever. #thplove

This might be crazy - work WAY too hard to enjoy this game :banghead:

There is a unlikely spot on my home course that I went in looking for my ball one day many years ago and came out with a dozen Prov’s or other premium balls. To this day, when I am out at night playing alone, I am always drawn to that spot and if no one is behind me, I’ll take 5 minutes and venture in for a look. Never fails, always come out with half a dozen of premium “almost new” balls. For whatever reason that particular spot is like a magnet and balls are just laying there like Easter eggs.

Getting up at ungodly hours to play golf with THPers!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There's a lot more than 21 numbers on my scorecard after a round.

That’s not crazy, that’s awesome. Haven’t had a bad round with THP’ers yet. I’d set my alarm for 4am right now to play with anybody here.

I didn’t mean I think it’s crazy. I was answering the OP. It said anything you tell non-golfer that they think is crazy

There is a unlikely spot on my home course that I went in looking for my ball one day many years ago and came out with a dozen Prov’s or other premium balls. To this day, when I am out at night playing alone, I am always drawn to that spot and if no one is behind me, I’ll take 5 minutes and venture in for a look. Never fails, always come out with half a dozen of premium “almost new” balls. For whatever reason that particular spot is like a magnet and balls are just laying there like Easter eggs.
When I used to work the course, there was an unmaintained area between the par 3 6th green and par 4 5th tee box that we would line trim twice a year. It was perfectly positioned to collect balls from both holes. Guys would literally get in heated arguments about who got the detail. It wasn't uncommon to come out of there with 12 dozen premium balls (especially because it was an exclusively private course at the time).

After every shot with a club that has a headcover - it has to be wiped off and the cover put back on. Really don’t want dings, paint chips, etc. And....stuff gets sold after a while anyway....so, why not keep it in the best condition possible - to get better $ for it.

Has to have something with the way I feel most mornings. Every time I have a tee time on a certain day I get the feeling I'd better just forget about it and stay home. Then I go out and swing the golf club a couple of times and am reminded why I love this crazy game. :)

Has to have something with the way I feel most mornings. Every time I have a tee time on a certain day I get the feeling I'd better just forget about it and stay home. Then I go out and swing the golf club a couple of times and am reminded why I love this crazy game. :)
I understand that feeling, completely. Sometimes, I feel like I would rather not play.....but then, I’m usually glad I went ahead and played.

I understand that feeling, completely. Sometimes, I feel like I would rather not play.....but then, I’m usually glad I went ahead and played.

Exactly!!! ;)

Whenever I start a new box of balls, I always use the sleeves in reverse order, from #4 down to #1. No idea why, it's just something I've always done.

I have a habit of taking a box of balls and mixing them up in the sleeves so that there are no two balls in a sleeve with the same number. That way while I'm playing
I never have to worry about grabbing a ball to use when my first ball may/may not be out of bounds and ending up with both the same number if they end up being
anywhere near each other. I'll always be able to identify which was my first ball and which was the provisional.

I have a habit of taking a box of balls and mixing them up in the sleeves so that there are no two balls in a sleeve with the same number. That way while I'm playing
I never have to worry about grabbing a ball to use when my first ball may/may not be out of bounds and ending up with both the same number if they end up being
anywhere near each other. I'll always be able to identify which was my first ball and which was the provisional.
That is one of the LEAST crazy things I’ve ever heard.

Being in the trees and instead of hitting out sideways, always asking myself " What would Phil do?" and trying the foolish shot.🤔🤪😣

Superstitions - I put long tees (for "driver holes") in my left pocket along with two golf balls, and 7 (exactly 7) shorter tees in my right pocket with my divot repair tool, prior to teeing off on #1.

I try to finish the round with more tees in my pocket than when I started (without getting any out of the bag)

I try to finish the round with more tees in my pocket than when I started (without getting any out of the bag)
I do this also. I keep myself fairly well stocked with tees by picking up people’s discards.
Drawback to this in today’s world: during my last round I realized while waiting to hit on a tee box, I had mindlessly put a tee in my mouth as if it was a toothpick. Then realized it was one I had picked up a couple of holes earlier.:oops:o_O:sick:

I wear loudmouth shorts every now and then

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-132642~2.png
    Screenshot_20200802-132642~2.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I do this also. I keep myself fairly well stocked with tees by picking up people’s discards.
Drawback to this in today’s world: during my last round I realized while waiting to hit on a tee box, I had mindlessly put a tee in my mouth as if it was a toothpick. Then realized it was one I had picked up a couple of holes earlier.:oops:o_O:sick:

I clean any I pick up at the moment with hand sanitiser that is in my bag

Back