“Golf Ball Purge” Ever think of doing it?

Love the donation idea, especially to the First Tee or High Schools.

Other thing i learned here is that having a stock pile fo 2-4 dozen probably isn't enough. I better load up. :ROFLMAO:
I only buy a couple dozen at a time, and never have more than 2-3 dozen stockpiled. I've made the same mistake as @Iceman! in the past, don't want to do it again. I'm not a total ball ho, but I do switch it up from time to time, and don't want to be stuck with a big stock of balls I'm not going to use. If it's just a couple/few dozen, I'll sneak them into my bag 3 or 4 at a time as "water balls" and use them on risky holes to get rid of them.

I left the country and golf for 13 years and when I took both up again, I gave all my old, unused golfballs to our junior golf program and started afresh with new ones.

I purge my golf balls every Sunday, usually between 9:30 and 1:30.

Where I used to play I typically did not lose a lot of balls and could paly a ball until the lettering was practically unreadable. Thus I rarely stocked up on balls, thinking that a newer model better suited to my game would come out before I used them up. Now where I play there is considerable trouble that can lead to lost balls. Since I broke my rule and stocked up on the Snell MTB Black over the holidays I won't obsess or look longer than necessary if I lose a ball as one way to depreciate my stock of balls.

I usually give them to my neighbor and his son. His son hits the ball a mile at 14 yrs old but he's not always sure where it's going.

I have several dozen different balls in my closet. The plan is to just work through my inventory and then settle on one or two balls only. Problem is, if I see a good deal or a new ball I want to try I buy a dozen. So my stash keeps growing. Plus I am a Mullybox subscriber so I get at least one sleeve a month whether I need it or not.

Nice problem to have. I guess I just need to play more golf!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, I have about 15 (Ok, 20) dozens of new golf balls, mostly old versions of golf balls that I stocked up on. It seemed like a good idea at the time that now I realize, it wasn’t. I’m NEVER GOING TO USE THEM. I know I’m not the THPer that has done this. I’m thinking of boxing them up and dropping them off at Goodwill.

Just do a “Purge” - start from scratch. I mean if I passed away, that is exactly what my wife would do.

eBay would just turn into work for something that just isn’t worth it.

Anyone else had that same thoughts?
I still have an unopened dozen of the 2019 Pro V1x that I played for the last couple years. But now that I've settled on 2021 Pro V1 as my favorite ball I've gotten rid of the left over sleeves or partial dozens of the various other balls I've tried. I'll use the 2019's next time I go play a ball-eating golf course at the beach or something.

Otherwise, if they're a model or brand that one of the guys in my group play with, I'll give the leftovers to them. Otherwise, if it's just a sleeve or two I'll dump them in with the used balls I donate to short-game practice. The practice chipping green at my club always has a couple hundred "premium" balls (i.e. non range balls) that people like me bring and leave instead of keeping them in a shag bag at home. It's nice because you can just show up and practice for a few minutes before or after your round and there's some decent balls to hit.

I got offered a smoking deal on 12 dozen new Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV yesterday. The problem is I don’t really play the XV and 8 dozen are the XV. I am still considering it as I could easily move the XVs for the money I would have in them. Anybody play that ball?

So, I have about 15 (Ok, 20) dozens of new golf balls, mostly old versions of golf balls that I stocked up on. It seemed like a good idea at the time that now I realize, it wasn’t. I’m NEVER GOING TO USE THEM. I know I’m not the THPer that has done this. I’m thinking of boxing them up and dropping them off at Goodwill.

Just do a “Purge” - start from scratch. I mean if I passed away, that is exactly what my wife would do.

eBay would just turn into work for something that just isn’t worth it.

Anyone else had that same thoughts?
I would find a HS team to donate them too. I stopped buying large quantity's of balls for this very reason.

I got offered a smoking deal on 12 dozen new Srixon Z-Star and Z-Star XV yesterday. The problem is I don’t really play the XV and 8 dozen are the XV. I am still considering it as I could easily move the XVs for the money I would have in them. Anybody play that ball?
The XV FLIES for me and the ZStar spins more. I love both. They are good

The XV FLIES for me and the ZStar spins more. I love both. They are good
I would be willing to split them in half and send 6 dozen XVs for the price I was offered +shipping. If interested send me a PM and I will tell you price. It’s extremely low but I don’t want to post it.

I like and play the XV's so always looking for a smoking deal! Can you hook me up???

I like the first tee idea as well. Of course I'd take them all as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The first tee idea is a great one. Also I can't imagine having so many golfs I would need to purge. I buy a dozen to start the year and any time I get below 9 in the bag. I buy a sleeve from the pro shop. Can't imagine I buy more than 4 or 5 dozen a year.

Back