“Over the top” swing remedies

Close your stance slightly... You’re welcome... lol

Last weekend I had the weirdest problem too. Out of nowhere I was pulling everything with my irons. It was really odd and messed up my game because I normally play with a natural fade.

My buddy gave me some quick on-course advice (I know, I know), but it actually worked! I'm not sure if it's a good thing long-term, but I was striking the ball better than I ever had with my irons and actually was finding roughly 15 more yards from them and a gorgeous flight path.

Long story short... I have no idea what I'm doing.

Close your stance slightly... You’re welcome... lol
This is actually really good advice to try to fix my slice. It's difficult to close the stance because when i slice i feel like the stance should be more open to compensate - but the reverse is true.

I think if you give your shaft a little bit of life, meaning let it get a bit slower from your one piece with your body a little, It will let your club face becoming more align to your target, instead of the shoulder turning too soon.

In my previous lessons it was all about maintaining spine angle throughout the swing. If you set up with the sprint tilt and are able to hold it through the motion you can’t do anything but bring the club from the inside.

Thanks for this visual aid! I’ve just started golfing a month ago after at least ten years and major shoulder surgery. Going to try a few more of these online aids, if I can’t get my swing back I guess it’s time for pro lessons when affordable!
Thanks for the great info!???

Back