“Pound for pound”.....

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
A lot of companies / businesses like to use “catch phrases.” I’m sure that they want something that will identify themselves with consumers and make it sound like you are getting a great buy. That said, what is your take on Tour Edge’s “Pound for pound, nothing comes close”..?
What are they really saying...???

Knowing that they aren't viewed as being in the upper echelon of OEMs by the general public but they have no problem putting their gear up against anyone. TE knows they have great gear and they aren't afraid to let you know

I think pound for pound is their way of saying dollar for dollar but less confusing and makes it sound less cheap

Honestly a bit off topic from what you have asked, but considering all the good things I have heard on the forum and their slogan they have convinced me to at least consider them in my next fitting. 3 years ago I would of immediately wrote them off.

They're saying they aren't a heavyweight of the industry but they are doing great things anyway.

I think pound for pound is their way of saying dollar for dollar but less confusing and makes it sound less cheap

^^^^this.

I may not follow the less confusing aspect, but 100% on the other two points. TE is making an attemt to create value and purport tneir products can achieve nearly the same results as the "Premium" brand.

They are a flyweight that can sometimes KO the heavyweights

It's kind of an all things being equal. When people say pound for pound best fighter, they would mean that it's adjusted, they are not assuming that Mayweather is going to fight Tyson and win, just saying that pound for pound he's a better boxer (example). Weightlifting the same thing, some 100 pounds lifting something 200 pounds vs someone 200 pounds lifting 300 pounds - pound for pound the 100 pounder is "stronger" (over simplification but the point is still there)

^^^^this.

I may not follow the less confusing aspect, but 100% on the other two points. TE is making an attemt to create value and purport tneir products can achieve nearly the same results as the "Premium" brand.
I don't think less confusing was the right phrase. I meant less easily twisted into something negative. Appreciate the affirmation, though.

Back