I have those holes. The 13th and 14th on our course. The 13th I usually have a wedge of some type into the green. It is elevated and bunkered front middle and right. In back there is a hill that goes straight up and it has deep rough. This is the easy hole. I love to play it. The 14th is just 150 of hell. The green is elevated with a huge bunker in front. If you go in the bunker you can't see where the pin is and the sand is not more than a 1/4" deep. The green falls away from the front to the back. Rough all around the hole if you miss the green and the green is quite undulating and fast going downhill. For some reason I always hit the ball into the bunker. I am a pretty good bunker player and yet with little sand to slide the club under it is hard to get the ball out and anywhere near the pin. This hole drives me crazy.

I wish I could play this one more often, first time I think I hit a 9-iron and hit the pin.

Coeur d'Alene Resort #5
CDA_5th_s.jpg

At my home course, Davis Park, Blue hole I can usually find myself either right at the corner or if I'm feeling really adventurous I can cut the corner on this par 4. I don't know if it is the confidence from my hole that I feel comfortable on, but the next hole.....Usually just eats my lunch. I know it is dead straight, it is even downhill but usually I'll fine the trees on the right side of the fairway, Or I will have a great drive typically ruined by the wedge in.

1597874013480.png

Love CDA! I've wanted to play there but haven't had the chance the two times I've been there.
I know the Island Green gets all the love, but #5 and #6 are incredibly fun Par-3s too!

I gotta thank THP, Budget Golf, and Callaway Golf for my opportunity to play this course at last year's Budget Golf Championship. Played two days with some of the best people you could ever want to meet! :drinks:

Here's that hole for me, the one that eats my lunch every time. I have actually made par on this one once, but normally it's a double. Tee shot of 180 - 200 yds from the whites (hole is 531 yds from white tees), second shot about the same. If you go through the second dogleg with your second you're screwed, same if you miss right trying to cut the corner and end up on the hillside. If you are successful on the first two, the third shot should be a short iron uphill to a small narrow green. I've commented on this one before, and @tahoebum piped in with some not so positive things to say about it too.

Apple Mountain #5, double dogleg par-5:

five.png
#5 - Eternity
Par 5 - Hdcp 3 - 413-571 yds: A true three shot, double dogleg par 5. Tee shot of 180-200 yards is ideal. Best to keep your second shot simple, a 200 yard shot played just to the right of the 150 pole is preferred. Uphill shot to the green plays one club longer.

Easily the worst designed hole I’ve ever played. A 550+ yard par 5 that I didn’t start paring until I began hitting 5 iron off the tee.

The 9th hole at the course we play most frequently gets me every time. Its a par 5 that plays about 530 from the tees we play and rates as the second hardest on the course. There is a wide river that spans from maybe 410-470 yards out and it's usually in to the wind. Off the tee if you miss left you're in sand traps and right you're in trees with a bridge blocking the line to the green so anything off the fairway is always a layup before the creek. If you smoke a drive you can leave yourself a long iron to clear the river but left of the green is OB and right is sand or thick rough on a down slope before going OB. Short is in the river and long is into thick bushes.

You almost always have to lay up on your second shot but being careful of the creek your layup still leaves you ~150 in to a tough green. There is also a big slope in the middle of the green so you need to precise to have an easy 2 putt.

I have played there 10 times this year and my best score is a double. My drive or layup usually gets me in trouble but even when I start out well I have never hit an approach shot on the green. I hammered one the other day on my third and wend over the green into some bushes for a lost ball. At this point it's mental but this hole kills me. Hopefully I get over the hump this weekend. Pic below from behind the green.

Attachments

• Mission-9.jpg
    Mission-9.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 2
Yup. One that I always feel good on is a 120-150 yard par 3.
Also, the one that always eats my lunching is the par 3 that is 180+.

Soon as as I figure out this new "experimental" Goofball Earth, I'll try to do a screen shot of my "hole."
I'll do another of my "hole" for Google. :ROFLMAO:

#7 at Bearpath.

It sets up well for me, and I've got great positive vibes on that tee box.

That hole (ranked the hardest on the course) proves to me that golf is 90% mental. I've parred it more often than not, and often when my friend, on his way to beating me by 10+ strokes, gets bogey or worse.

4th hole at my old club used to eat my lunch every time. Par 4 465 with a water hazard short and along the left side of the green.

best it ever got of me was club championship back to back days.1st round I started birdie, eagle, par, then made a 10! 2nd round par, birdie, birdie, then made a 9 on it. I cannot stand that hole, birdied it once in 4 years.

I consider Eagle Crest in Clifton Park, NY to be my home course. If I'm going to have GIR and a par on any hole on the course, it's No. 10, a 360 yard Par 4. Stay away from water on the left and roll the drive to the bottom of a hill where it's a short iron to a fairly level green for this course. On the other hand, No. 2 always eats my lunch. I usually slice my drive Glenn Beck right into a fairly open area, but it still means I have to punch out around the heavy stand of woods between me and the green. The green is very sloped and usually much slower than the others. I don't think I have ever parred that hole.

Back