1 type of Alcohol to drink for the rest of your life?

Pick your Alcohol

• Beer

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • Wine

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Brandy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gin

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Rum

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Tequila

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Vodka

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 53 30.5%

• Total voters
It would be rum for me. A Captain Coke on the golf course is my go to.

Got to go with beer. Some many varieties and new breweries popping up. I do like whiskey tho so it is really a toss up. I would miss either one if I didn’t have it.

My choice is vodka because of the multiple mixing capabilities

Vodka because you can make healthy vodka drinks

Almost Fiddy Plus 2

Happy to see whiskey leading the hard liquors!!

I went with whiskey only because that gives me both bourbon and scotch. Beer was a very close second, and could've been my choice depending on my mood.

This was exactly my response as well. Thank god I don’t have to make the decision and will continue to drink my ‘One bourbon, one scotch and one beer.” :)

Wine, I drink what I made

I know I voted rum, but I bet I could make Whisky work.
With whiskey you get more choices.. Irish, bourbon, and scotch. I am admittedly biased but I would have a hard time giving up whiskey. I can go months without a beer and not miss it but a taste of whiskey from time to time is a must. I believe your co-captain Yags would agree as we downed a lot of Woodford Reserve at the Morgan Cup last year!!

1581347152865.png

Vodka, so many ways to drink it

I go in cycles. Been on a vodka kick for a couple years. So many different ways to enjoy Tito’s. Prior to that it was bourbon, mainly Makers Mark. Eventually lost the taste for it hence the move to vodka. In a year or two I’ll probably circle back to Rum or something.

I did vote vodka though.

Blended Scotch Whisky

rum

Definitely beer and boy could I use one. I take every February off from drinking and we're at the halfway point. No particular reason but just always keepin' alcohol in check. This is year 19 now.

Why February? Because I don't want there to be a chance that I walk off from 18 holes of glorious suffering and not be able to have a beer!

Beer. Soo many options. And it can actually be refreshing without having to take smaller drinks or mix it with anything. I can take a couple big swigs and not feel like I'm about to die :LOL:

I would go with beer. So many different varieties. The waistline would probably prefer just sticking to a vodka soda w/ lime though.

So many vodkas, so little time...

While bourbon is great, enjoying a ice cold beer after work, at a game, after yard work, a celebration or just with dinner will always be better. I like bourbon on crisp nights. I'm sure my older self will slap me but beer.

I'm 68 now and don't drink much beer anymore except after a round of golf. When I do drink, it is scotch single malt.

Wine - because of the variety, and it's good with a meal.

Rum.

I voted tequila as I love the taste and effects, but vodka is so versatile. But so is whiskey... only one choice, huh?
Coffee today! :coffee:

I recently had a conversation of what I could give up between beer, wine, and whisky. Beer falls last on the last between the 3. I'm not crazy, I love beer but just love the other 2 more. Then between wine and whisky, the versatility of wine is the deciding factor for me. I can have sparkling, Champagne, or a nice white on a hot summer day. Reds dominate the rest of the time. I find I move away from whisky in the summer time.

Back