There is no way I could swing $100/dozen balls, even if they were miles better for me than any other ball. Just won't pay that much for something I could lose.

If it truly would help me shoot lower scores- as you alluded to- I honestly believe I would buy them. Sounds stupid I know, but with as much time as I try to put into this game, I'd love to get whatever tools I can to help me. Even as crazy prices.

Durability would be a bit of an issue. Most spinny balls have a softer cover and that means they are subject to wear and tear just from normal club contact. That would mean performance would have to be phenomenal to justify the price.

If they performed 10% better in distance and spin I just might buy a dozen to try them out.

My initial reaction is probably not.

A dozen, no. I would probably drop $25 on a sleeve just to see if they live up to the hype and give true, consistent improvements over several rounds. If the test showed that they helped me improve my game significantly over B330-RX, then I would certainly consider springing for a dozen.

Cool thread to read after a few days away from THP.

I'm on the side of what ever will help my game is worth the money. I've only lost two balls in my last 4 rounds so it this mythical ball can really give me more distance (at least a club length) and more spin, then I'll drop $100 for a dozen.

I am on the no side. My game is not in a place that would justify spending that much on balls. Even if I was a scratch golfer I still don't think i would buy them.

I asked my wife and she says "NO he would NOT"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. That's a significant amount of my paycheck for something that I'll lose.

Not for me unless I was making a living playing tournament golf.

Nope. No way.

I would probably buy one box to see if it's as good as advertised. But like it was pointed out earlier, I would take scuba equipment to the course with me to make sure I didn't lose those balls.

I cant say there is any chance I would pay that much. I love a lot of the high end tour balls as much as the next guy but I won't even pay anywhere close to the $45 + price tag. The other day Woot had practice stamped Lethals at $10/dozen and it doesn't hurt to lose a ball here and there like it would at 10 times the price. Off topic: Dawg Daddy is awesome for constantly finding us deals like that.

I would buy if they really helped . However I would have to see a huge gain in both distance and accuracy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

It would have to be light years longer and crazy spinny. There are enough sub $30 balls on the market that make it hard for me to justify $45 dozens.

Such as...?

I couldn't do it, I'm a complete cheapskate when it comes to golf balls. Massive sales or used only for me.

I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much on balls. There are plenty of inexpensive ones that are decent enough that would keep me OK with that decision.

Curious what makes these good vs others that are not so good?

Specifically, the E5, TP5, and the Lethal are all Urethane covered golf balls. So they will spin really nicely into greens. The RZN-X One was a performer for me, felt like a rock, but it flew and stopped nicely for me.

If the performance gain was significant, I'd probably spring for a dozen every so often.

A $30 bottle of Scotch does the same job as a $100 bottle, but sometimes you've got to splurge for the nicer bottle, which is usually much better. In the same way, the $30 balls will do the job, but when you really need the extra performance, the $100 balls come out.

I can't say that I would spring for them. It seems like it's a boutique item. More power to those who do buy it though.

For $100 a dozen the ball should clean my club upon impact, auto correct it's flight to always be where I want it to go and hopefully can take care of my daughter.

And the scotch analogy isn't a good one. The $30 scotch always starts a fight in my stomach and I end up losing in the end....get it? :act-up:

I can't say that I would spring for them. It seems like it's a boutique item. More power to those who do buy it though.

For $100 a dozen the ball should clean my club upon impact, auto correct it's flight to always be where I want it to go and hopefully can take care of my daughter.

And the scotch analogy isn't a good one. The $30 scotch always starts a fight in my stomach and I end up losing in the end....get it? :act-up:

I dunno, if the $100 balls help me score and enjoy the game more, they'd be worth a splurge every now and then. Golf balls are just as expendable as a good bottle of scotch.

Could I yes? Would I no, probably not. $100 a dozen, $25 (or more) a sleeve. It would have to be a pretty decent amount longer than the PRO1, for me to spend that much money.

If It goes 20 yards farther off the driver, that just mean it went 20 yards farther OB if I pull it

Back